IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Len44 said:

What "Service" does Aurender use for the Conductor App to identify CD covers and content?  For most part seems excellent...and yet, why on earth does it use "The Very Best of Kiri to Kanawa" when I insert "Restless Heart Greatest Hits" into my A30?  The CD is duly recorded, but the Title and individual songs are all incorrect.  This appear a significant flaw with the "Service".  I have also experienced a few album covers and songs not identified, although the individual songs are accurately recorded.  And ideas as to what is going on here?

The ACS CD ripping function aggregates metadata from a combination of online databases of CD info. CDs themselves do not actually carry embedded metadata of their own. This information comes from the internet. Sometimes, a CD can be misidentified. In this case, you can use the "change release" option to tell the system to search for a different "match." If the correct match cannot be found, you can manually enter the correct information in the ACS/A30 Manager app: Editing Metadata with ACS/A30 Manager

Thanks for the fast response -- really appreciated.  Now, how does one navigate to the "change release" option?  I am using "Aurender Lite" on my iPhone, and also the A30 Manager on the MacBook.   Ari, I would just add that I thoroughly researched my options before purchasing this unit, and your Excellent support to users was a strong influence in deciding to go with Aurender.

Thanks for the fast response -- really appreciated.  Now, how does one navigate to the "change release" option?  I am using "Aurender Lite" on my iPhone, and also the A30 Manager on the MacBook.   Ari, I would just add that I thoroughly researched my options before purchasing this unit, and your Excellent support to users was a strong influence in deciding to go with Aurender.

@Len44 at some point it changed from "Change Release" to "Change Language." It is hit or miss. If the CD was mis-matched, you may have to manually tag it, or you can try deleting it and re-ripping - you may get a better metadata hit. 

1 hour ago, Len44 said:

Ari, I would just add that I thoroughly researched my options before purchasing this unit, and your Excellent support to users was a strong influence in deciding to go with Aurender.

That is great to hear and I'm happy to help! [email protected] is the best place to get Aurender tech support. Or you can call me at 888-367-0840.

No numbers on the right with QoBuz favourites.  I have checked - if I add a new fave album it drops one off the end. I’ll keep looking to see if i can work out why.

I stopped using Tidal because it kept randomly dragging unfaved albums into my favourites list, that’s why I thought it might be a Conductor issue.

Really these are basic things that should never not work in the software.

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi @AriMargolis, when using an Aurender server with Ravenna output, which I love by the way, are the volume up/down and mute supposed to work?Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 8.57.01 AM.png

If the control UI appears, I would expect that the idea is that they should work. Can you send a support ticket please and we can ask Eric to check it out on Monday?

@kipdentdoes the Ravenna volume control work for you in your system? Any other Ravenna users out there?

I, too, love Ravenna and the Merging+NADAC I use with my Aurender. Yes, the volume control and mute functions within Conductor work flawlessly; however, I much prefer using the NADAC iOS app to control the NADAC (for example if I want to change the input from the Aurender's Ethernet connection to another optical or coaxial device), so I never use these controls. Additionally, I always leave the NADAC volume at "0 dB" for no attenuation, and use the volume control on my preamp to adjust listening levels.

1 hour ago, AurenderAmerica said:

If the control UI appears, I would expect that the idea is that they should work. Can you send a support ticket please and we can ask Eric to check it out on Monday?

@kipdentdoes the Ravenna volume control work for you in your system? Any other Ravenna users out there?

2 minutes ago, kipdent said:

I, too, love Ravenna and the Merging+NADAC I use with my Aurender. Yes, the volume control and mute functions within Conductor work flawlessly; however, I much prefer using the NADAC iOS app to control the NADAC (for example if I want to change the input from the Aurender's Ethernet connection to another optical or coaxial device), so I never use these controls. Additionally, I always leave the NADAC volume at "0 dB" for no attenuation, and use the volume control on my preamp to adjust listening levels.

I suspect my issue is that I use the Merging Anubis, which requires Aneman for configuration, rather than a menu to select the Aurender source like the NADAC has. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

How does aurender handle cover art for box sets.

I have many classical box sets and I have spent time including separate cover art for each album in the box set.  Where possible, I do this for both front and back covers (using aurender conventions front cover art is either front or folder, and back cover art is back.jpg).  However, when playing box sets (each disc is in a separate folder), the cover art only shows for the first disc for all the discs in the box set.  This is very disappointing, as I can show separate cover art in audirvana and jriver.  Is there a way to fix this, or is this a limitation of aurender's software?

Album covers and other metadata all come from internet sources which are available regardless of the operating system one uses.  I much prefer the way Aurender defaults to one album cover with all the metadata attached.  But if you want, say, the album art six times with the metadata for each, the conductor app permits that too.  

2 minutes ago, Ponzi said:

Album covers and other metadata all come from internet sources which are available regardless of the operating system one uses.  I much prefer the way Aurender defaults to one album cover with all the metadata attached.  But if you want, say, the album art six times with the metadata for each, the conductor app permits that too.  

Not totally. I have albums with the local jpg used as album art. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

58 minutes ago, Ponzi said:

How do you do separate album art for each album in a box set in the conductor app. Could you explain the format the album art is in and where it is located?

I think, though not tried, you would need to embed the album artwork into each individual track rather than a global image in the folder.

ive found it much easier to look at box sets as individual albums so album 1 would be labelled “……….(CD1)”, etc

MP3tag is superb for amending meta data