IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

42 minutes ago, Aurender1 said:

Hi.  I am new to this forum and glad to be here.  What settings do I change so that I remain a member of this forum but that your posts do not appear in my email inbox?  --Thanks

You can manage the topics you follow here - https://audiophilestyle.com/followed/?type=forums_topic&change_section=1

You can change your notification settings here - https://audiophilestyle.com/notifications/options/

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Hi everyone, I've been following the forum for some time, first post as a new owner of an N100H :) I find it a fantastic product and I am very happy with it. There is only one thing that I am not very satisfied with: the Conductor app, specifically the Android version. In this regard, I join the request of the user @Anonamemouse for the improvement of the app. I am not an Apple user, I have several Android devices including smartphones and tablets, and I have tested the app on all of them. Compared to the Apple version, the Android version is slower (tested anyway on a top Samsung device) and above all it lacks a decent configuration for the NAS Share. They are present in the menu but it does not work correctly and it is not possible to manually enter the IP and credentials of the NAS. I find the same problem with AMM on Windows 10: it identifies the machines that have a samba share on the network, but cannot access it. I wrote to Aurender support, who promptly and kindly replied to me! @AriMargolis. We agreed on a remote support email from the app and since I am in Europe he entrusted me to Pablo, from whom unfortunately I have not received any news anymore :( Now, I ask Ari: Could you intercede with Pablo for assistance? Another thing, which I was very happy to read: a few posts back Ari talked about a new version 4 of Conductor, created as a true cross-platform app. I hope this new version on Android is as good as Apple's, and I understand that now all development resources are being dedicated to the forthcoming new version.

But I really really would like to listen to my N100H reading from my NAS (and/or Linux Server) Shares, as all my library is there.

Many thanks in advance (sorry for my english, I tried my best :) )

Michele

9 hours ago, PedroS said:

As I have told you, because of my DSD compatibility issues, both Aurender and Esoteric joined to find a solution.
And the solution arrived today, Aurender applied a patch to my N20, following Esoteric guidelines.
And now everything works!!
Can't be more happy about the sound these combo produces, but also regarding customer care!! 😀

@PedroS I'm glad that  we were able to get that sorted out! Esoteric's engineering team is very cooperative and great to work with. Their DACs mate very well with Aurender. Enjoy!

Apologies if this has been discussed previously. 
Is anyone using an EtherRegen with their Aurender? 
If yes, have you experienced a sonic benefit? 
Also, how important is the level of Ethernet cables and what are you powering the EtherRegen with? 
I just placed an order for one to be delivered in the next week or so. 
I’ve been reading positive things elsewhere, but I’m not sure if the Aurender will benefit as much as a MicroRendu or similar device which seems to be a popular pairing? 
Thanks!! 

Every once in a while, a CD will not rip correctly, using the ASC10, even new CDs.  If one rips it again, it will sometimes down load correctly and the previous bad down load will disappear. I have two pesky CDs that refuse to down load and so have the corrupted files on the unit.  They do not show up in the playback menus.  How do I delete these corrupted files or even old files I want to get rid of?

Thanks everyone.

Are you able to connect to the ACS10 with a laptop or other computer? Navigate to the IP address you see in Conductor.

If so, you can manage the file system per normal file systems/protocols. You'll see all the folders you made via Conductor, and can locate specific files within those folders. Happy Hunting!

I'm MarkusBarkus and I approve this post.10C78B47-4B41-4675-BB84-885019B72A8B.thumb.png.adc3586c8cc9851ecc7960401af05782.png

32 minutes ago, Ponzi said:

I was hoping the ASC manager app had a delete function.  But thank you for heads up.

@Ponzi yes you can use the "Copy/Move/Delete" utility in the ACS manager app to delete files. Navigate to the files you want to delete (They'll be in the "Ripped CDs" folder within the Music1 shared folder on your ACS10). Select them by tapping inside the check box next to the folders or files you want to delete, then tap "Delete" on the bottom. If you get stuck please email us at [email protected]

19 hours ago, agladstone said:

Apologies if this has been discussed previously. 
Is anyone using an EtherRegen with their Aurender? 
If yes, have you experienced a sonic benefit? 
Also, how important is the level of Ethernet cables and what are you powering the EtherRegen with? 
I just placed an order for one to be delivered in the next week or so. 
I’ve been reading positive things elsewhere, but I’m not sure if the Aurender will benefit as much as a MicroRendu or similar device which seems to be a popular pairing? 
Thanks!! 

I am not using an Etherregen myself but this device can be regarded as an audiophile switch, with which I do have a lot of experience. As such you can expect very audible improvements; especially more clarity and resolution. A high-grade LPS can improve results even further. In this area there are many options to choose from (Farad, SBooster, NuPrime etc.). You should really try a few to see what works best for you. And yes, Ethernet cables do influence SQ, especially the last one going to your Aurender. Also try and listen to find the best match within your budget. My W20 is VERY responsive in any changes in switches, power supplies and Ethernet cabling. Hope this helps.

@AriMargolis I have a question on the W20 and ripping CD's with a Melco D100. Currently I'm using the Melco to rip my CD's using EAC through my laptop. After ripping I move them to the W20 over my network. Settings for the Melco are rather critical: offset in EAC is +638 as per Melco's advice.

Now, I know that I can probably also connect the Melco rip drive to the W20 directly. What would likely give the best results? I think I would get the CD metadata automatically with the direct connection to the W20, correct? But likely I will not be able to change the read offset? And I would be tied to FLAC instead of WAV and probably I cannot change the FLAC compression settings?

What would be your advice?

“USB error detected” along with music suddenly stopped being displayed on my Aurender a couple times yesterday- never saw before ? 

I have something very odd happening, I just added an Uptone JS-2 Linear Power Supply to my system yesterday. 
I have output 1 powering my Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ And output 2 powering by USB reclocking chain (ISORegen->ifi iUSB 3.0-> DAC). 
Twice last night (once when I turned my Plasma TV on and once when I turned another power supply on which is plugged into an entirely different AC line (not just different outlet) my music suddenly stopped, and my Aurender’s display showed “USB Error Detected”

I have never seen or experienced anything like this before and neither the Plasma TV or the other Power Supply are connected to my Aurrender or DAC and the other power supply even on a completely different AC circuit? 
Anyone have any thoughts on how and why this could be happening? 
I am assuming it has some relationship to the common ground of the two outputs on the JS2 and perhaps some ground type thing traveling back via USB ?? 

Howdy folks,

I'm considering streamers and the Aurender N100SC is near the top of my list. I have a couple of questions and I apologize if they've been asked already, but as you may have noticed this thread is a bit long 😁

Anyway, my questions concern the Conductor App. I currently use Roon, but the cost is prohibitive and I like what I hear about Conductor. I'm typically thorough with my tagging (I use mp3tag on my flac files), and I'm wondering if Conductor can search over those tags.

For instance could I search by label? If I have Herbie Hancock tagged in a performer or personnel tag on an album where he is not listed as the artist, when I search for him will I get any album tagged with his name or just the albums where he is the artist or albumartist? If I can search by tags, is that limited to only certain tags, or will it search over all tags?

Thanks in advance.

21 minutes ago, agladstone said:

I do a lot of custom / personalized tagging via dBPoweramp and what I’ve learned is that the Conductor app searches / identifies / recognizes SOME of these fields / tags, but definitely not all of them. 
I’ve also learned some other quirks of Conductor, one of which is that it fails to recognize the “Year” tag, but if I custom create “Date”, then it does recognize that (so all my albums within the tagging now have both “Year” and “Date”. 
Some tag fields I don’t believe it recognizes are “Album Sort” “Artist Sort” “Album Artist Sort” “Label” “ Catalog Number” “Dynamic Range” and more. 
Conductor also seems to only recognize Front or Folder and Back for album art, so for albums where I have 3-10+ album art tagged (ie pages of a booklet or all the photos of LP labels for Vinyl Rips or PDF booklets that come with HDTracks downloads).

Last, I’ve learned that if I include ; within any tag field, it does not use all of the tags as a ; should (ie Grateful Dead; The Grateful Dead; Jerry Garcia) - Conductor will list this when searching for Artist exactly as I typed it above , not as under 3 different artists as it should when using ; in a tag field (so if I search for Grateful Dead it would come up, or if I searched for Jerry Garcia it would also come up), but instead, it will only show up in a search for me if I typed in all of the above including the semi colons. 
Now, all this being said,, I really, really like Conductor and I think it works great!
I have just learned to live with and know these tagging limitations and quirks and create my own workarounds accordingly. 
I still leave all the other tags in my files because I feel like maybe some day Conductor will add the ability to recognize them and also maybe I’ll use something other than conductor in the future that will recognize all of them. 

Interesting that it recognizes some, but not all tags. I wonder if there's a list somewhere.

I do have 2 other questions:

1. How does Conductor handle multiple tags in the same field? I see what you said about the semicolons, but what if I enter different values one at a time? MP3Tag let's you enter, say, genre multiple times. I wonder if Conductor would recognize it, or if it would think the concatenated string of genres is a new genre.

2. Do you know how Conductor handles multiple copies of the same album? Some albums I have up to 6 or 7 different versions. Having used Foobar for over a decade before Roon, I got used to adding the version after the title in [ ], e.g. Bitches Brew [1970 Columbia LP].

It's interesting to hear that you put a lot of effort into your tags but still enjoy the app despite the limitations. Thanks for the feedback.

6 hours ago, mynameischet said:

Interesting that it recognizes some, but not all tags. I wonder if there's a list somewhere.

I do have 2 other questions:

1. How does Conductor handle multiple tags in the same field? I see what you said about the semicolons, but what if I enter different values one at a time? MP3Tag let's you enter, say, genre multiple times. I wonder if Conductor would recognize it, or if it would think the concatenated string of genres is a new genre.

2. Do you know how Conductor handles multiple copies of the same album? Some albums I have up to 6 or 7 different versions. Having used Foobar for over a decade before Roon, I got used to adding the version after the title in [ ], e.g. Bitches Brew [1970 Columbia LP].

It's interesting to hear that you put a lot of effort into your tags but still enjoy the app despite the limitations. Thanks for the feedback.

When I was giving the semi colon example, the one tag I notice this the most is for genre! 
So in my experience, I have like 1,000 different genres within Conductor because when I enter multiple genres separated by semi colons, it creates a new genre ! 
Second, I like you have many many albums where I have 5-10+ different versions or releases or media it was ripped from, so I always create my own custom Album Title Miles Davis - Bitches Brew - (1970) - (1999 Sony SACD) - [DSD64] as an example (this is the album title format I use for all my albums!!) 

This does work in that Conductor does show each version as a separate Album under Artist and not as 6 albums all with the same name. 
I do like Conductor despite some of the custom tagging limitations. I suspect Aurender could easily add the ability to utilize all possible tags including custom ones so long as they’re part of the meta data, I suspect it’s a matter of flipping on a virtual switch as to which fields and tags are displayed?  
The Aurender’s and Conductor sound quality is exceptional and the use of the app is easy and intuitive. 
If you like Roon, the one thing you may miss is that Conductor doesn’t really have any liner notes for albums or bios for artists, etc. That is something I would love to see added someday! 

5 hours ago, agladstone said:

When I was giving the semi colon example, the one tag I notice this the most is for genre! 
So in my experience, I have like 1,000 different genres within Conductor because when I enter multiple genres separated by semi colons, it creates a new genre ! 
Second, I like you have many many albums where I have 5-10+ different versions or releases or media it was ripped from, so I always create my own custom Album Title Miles Davis - Bitches Brew - (1970) - (1999 Sony SACD) - [DSD64] as an example (this is the album title format I use for all my albums!!) 

This does work in that Conductor does show each version as a separate Album under Artist and not as 6 albums all with the same name. 
I do like Conductor despite some of the custom tagging limitations. I suspect Aurender could easily add the ability to utilize all possible tags including custom ones so long as they’re part of the meta data, I suspect it’s a matter of flipping on a virtual switch as to which fields and tags are displayed?  
The Aurender’s and Conductor sound quality is exceptional and the use of the app is easy and intuitive. 
If you like Roon, the one thing you may miss is that Conductor doesn’t really have any liner notes for albums or bios for artists, etc. That is something I would love to see added someday! 

Just curious, did you actually report any of this as bugs/wishes or are you just waiting for someone from Aurender to come over to your house with a questionnaire?

An annoying noise annoys an oyster

Thanks for the replies @agladstone. It sounds like you and I categorize our music in a similar fashion, and the fact that you still highly recommend the Aurender is a big positive.

I think the thing I would most about Roon is Roon Radio. I like being able to have what is essentially a focused shuffle without having to curate a particular playlist. Ihave way more music than I'll ever get around to listening too enough to be know it all inside and out, and the RR is great at popping up a song I haven't heard since the one time I played the record it's on. Anyway, I think thats a small price for what sounds like a solid piece of equipment with a good app.