IGNORED

Uptone Audio Regen

I did.

if we ordered just the amber replacement pcb will we be sent some kind of notification when it ships? paid on 6/10 with pp.

thanks,

drmike

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

...didn't get anything also (from pp or through mail).

Roon / audio-linux / dual PC / I2s FGPA Dac / analog tube processor / analog tube crossover / active speakers / dual subs / absorption+massive diffusion / ugly cat in the room

I use is with my Regen, with no problems.

I received my amber yesterday and have not been able to get KS working with my Hugo.

I am also running AO in core mode on my audioPC (2 pc setup )and am sure P&P was disabled. I will try to enable P&P. The ASIO/Wasapi was seen from JPLay - but not KS. I did reinstall the Hugo drivers and installed KS support in AO afterwards, but still no luck.

Anyone else have this issue or can anyone else confirm KS works with the Regen. I am wondering if the hub chip has anything to do with KS, but would like to rule out anything in my local environment first.

I will also have to chime in on the packaging and finished product - very nice work!

if we ordered just the amber replacement pcb will we be sent some kind of notification when it ships? paid on 6/10 with pp.

thanks,

drmike

See post 1534 from Alex/Superdad. Basically it says, yes, you will receive notification when it ships.

(JRiver) Jetway barebones NUC (mod 3 sCLK-EX, Cybershaft OP 14)  (PH SR7) => mini pcie adapter to PCIe 1X => tXUSBexp PCIe card (mod sCLK-EX) (PH SR7) => (USPCB) Chord DAVE => Omega Super 8XRS/REL t5i  (All powered thru Topaz Isolation Transformer)

thanks,

drmike

Hi Mike:

Only 30 amber upgrade kits went out this week. I have 300 boards coming in over the next 10 days, and when the first 100 or so arrive about the 26th, we will immediately test and send out kits to the remaining 63 people who ordered one. Thanks for your patience.

--Alex C.

Hm!

Should be getting my JS2/MMK/Amber soon......

Qnap NAS (LPS) >UA ETHER REGEN (BG7TBL Master Clock) > Grimm MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui /Meridian 808.3> Wavac EC300B >Tannoy Canterbury SE

HP Rig ++ >Woo WES/ > Stax SR-009, Audeze LCD2

Hi Mike:

Only 30 amber upgrade kits went out this week. I have 300 boards coming in over the next 10 days, and when the first 100 or so arrive about the 26th, we will immediately test and send out kits to the remaining 63 people who ordered one. Thanks for your patience.

--Alex C.

And Alex thank you very much for getting me one of the first batch of upgrade kits! It has just arrived, and now I have two Ambers to play with and need some spare time to spend listening to them. Will at least do some more back and forth between the Amber and Green to get a better handle on the difference first before loading up the new Amber board into the Regen green case to try it with some other dacs in the house!

A mighty little widget it is! :-)

RegenAmberBrd.jpg

---------------

Rich Brkich

Owner, Signature Sound

Liverpool, New York USA

FaceBook Page: http://www.facebook.com/Signature.Sound.HiFi

And Alex thank you very much for getting me one of the first batch of upgrade kits! It has just arrived, and now I have two Ambers to play with and need some spare time to spend listening to them. Will at least do some more back and forth between the Amber and Green to get a better handle on the difference first before loading up the new Amber board into the Regen green case to try it with some other dacs in the house!

A mighty little widget it is! :-)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19276[/ATTACH]

Interesting that you have an Amber and were able to get a replacement board for your Green already. I was told that since I have an Amber that my board could wait.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

I received my amber yesterday and have not been able to get KS working with my Hugo.

I am also running AO in core mode on my audioPC (2 pc setup )and am sure P&P was disabled. I will try to enable P&P. The ASIO/Wasapi was seen from JPLay - but not KS. I did reinstall the Hugo drivers and installed KS support in AO afterwards, but still no luck.

Anyone else have this issue or can anyone else confirm KS works with the Regen. I am wondering if the hub chip has anything to do with KS, but would like to rule out anything in my local environment first.

I will also have to chime in on the packaging and finished product - very nice work!

I also use JPLAY6 and AO and had the same issue with a loaned Green Regen the other week. Reinstallation of Windows Server OS with Regen connected and running AO afterwards solved the problem for me.

Interesting that you have an Amber and were able to get a replacement board for your Green already. I was told that since I have an Amber that my board could wait.

I thought you were kidding the first couple times you took that passive aggressive approach at referring to the "inequalities", but now it seems dumb.

This isn't elementary school, the world isn't fair. No one owes you and you're getting you product in a timely manner. Be happy about it and lay off with the underhanded messages. The guys are working hard and doing their jobs, so let them do it happily.

If I were them and kept reading things like that from you, your amber replacement board might suddenly have a faulty resistor, and that resistor would turn out to be back ordered, delaying the shipment for at least a month...

Sit back, enjoy the music, and don't act like a kid ;-)

As for me, I hope my Regen gets through Chinese customs at all. I'm excited about joining the club. Even if it takes 2 months, as long as it shows I'll be happy. Dealing with that crapshoot scares the shit out of me every time...

I thought you were kidding the first couple times you took that passive aggressive approach at referring to the "inequalities", but now it seems dumb.

This isn't elementary school, the world isn't fair. No one owes you and you're getting you product in a timely manner. Be happy about it and lay off with the underhanded messages. The guys are working hard and doing their jobs, so let them do it happily.

If I were them and kept reading things like that from you, your amber replacement board might suddenly have a faulty resistor, and that resistor would turn out to be back ordered, delaying the shipment for at least a month...

Sit back, enjoy the music, and don't act like a kid ;-)

As for me, I hope my Regen gets through Chinese customs at all. I'm excited about joining the club. Even if it takes 2 months, as long as it shows I'll be happy. Dealing with that crapshoot scares the shit out of me every time...

Thanks Dad!

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

Just to be clear: I GOT NO FAVORS FROM ALEX.

The only reason I got a Amber a few days ago was thanks to a good and long time customer of mine who ordered a Regen on my recommendation. His order was placed just after the first Regen quota/batch was filled up so his order went into the next batch queue which meant he got a Amber which he KINDLY forwarded to me since he could not use it at present. Alex had NO knowledge that the Regen my customer ordered was going to wind up in my hands (neither did I as well until my customer told me he got it and was sending it along to me). I also had no idea when I was going to get my Amber upgrade which I ordered promptly on the 10th just like everyone else did. So, thanks to a good customer and getting my upgrade kit order in early, I will have a couple of Regens to play with for a few weeks.

---------------

Rich Brkich

Owner, Signature Sound

Liverpool, New York USA

FaceBook Page: http://www.facebook.com/Signature.Sound.HiFi

Just to be clear: I GOT NO FAVORS FROM ALEX.

The only reason I got a Amber a few days ago was thanks to a good and long time customer of mine who ordered a Regen on my recommendation. His order was placed just after the first Regen quota/batch was filled up so his order went into the next batch queue which meant he got a Amber which he KINDLY forwarded to me since he could not use it at present. Alex had NO knowledge that the Regen my customer ordered was going to wind up in my hands. I also had no idea when I was going to get my Amber upgrade which I ordered promptly on the 10th just like everyone else did. So, thanks to a good customer and getting my upgrade kit order in early, I will have a couple of Regens to play with for a few weeks.

I know. Everyone just gets their panties in a wad over nothing. Enjoy the REGEN!

Hm!

Should be getting my JS2/MMK/Amber soon......

Final testing and packing was yesterday. FedEx just picked up your 7kg package with everything. Assuming no delays in customs you will have all your new toys on Monday.

(I love the FedEx "Great Rates" program we use; Priority to Europe and Asia is same or less than Economy, and the discounts run 65-75% off! 7kg from California to Hong Kong in 2 business days for $85!)

By the way, made some slight revisions to JS-2, mainly to assure that in lower voltage countries (220V and 230V are like having 110/115V versus usual 120V here in US; and then there is 100V Japan) the supply can make full 5A at 12V. Had to drop 5V rating to 4.5A, but now--at least with 120V--the JS-2 rocks 12V at up to 6.4A continuous!

I should revise the web page to read:

5V - 4.5A

7V - 5.9A

9V - 7.3A

12V - 6.4A

Final testing and packing was yesterday. FedEx just picked up your 7kg package with everything. Assuming no delays in customs you will have all your new toys on Monday.

(I love the FedEx "Great Rates" program we use; Priority to Europe and Asia is same or less than Economy, and the discounts run 65-75% off! 7kg from California to Hong Kong in 2 business days for $85!)

By the way, made some slight revisions to JS-2, mainly to assure that in lower voltage countries (220V and 230V are like having 110/115V versus usual 120V here in US; and then there is 100V Japan) the supply can make full 5A at 12V. Had to drop 5V rating to 4.5A, but now--at least with 120V--the JS-2 rocks 12V at up to 6.4A continuous!

I should revise the web page to read:

5V - 4.5A

7V - 5.9A

9V - 7.3A

12V - 6.4A

Hello Alex,

Thank you for the information about the revisions to the JS-2.

To be sure I understand what to set my DC Outlet 2 on the JS-2 when it arrives (scheduled for tomorrow), to power the Regen Amber, 7V is still the correct setting? And 9V may also be permissible? Is one setting better advised to set than the other/which setting is best to power the Regen Amber for my W4S Dac2 DSDse?

Thank you in advance. I know this has been discussed earlier in several posts. Just checking in given the revisions which may or may not be pertinent to powering the Regen Amber from the DC outlet of the JS-2.

Best,

Richard

To be sure I understand what to set my DC Outlet 2 on the JS-2 when it arrives (scheduled for tomorrow), to power the Regen Amber, 7V is still the correct setting? And 9V may also be permissible? Is one setting better advised to set than the other/which setting is best to power the Regen Amber for my W4S Dac2 DSDse?

Hi Richard:

You are also receiving our Mac mini DC-conversion/Linear Fan Controller Kit (MMK) to use your Mac with an external supply. It supports the optional use of the JS-2's Kelvin-sense voltage/current feedback line (via the included SMA/coax cable), and that feature is only on DC output #2.

So I suggest that you connect the REGEN to DC1 (set at 7V, I doubt you will hear a difference at 9V and I don't recall what if any 5VBUS power the W4S DAC uses, so 7V is safest bet). Use DC2 for the Mac mini, and if you connect the black coax cable between the JS-2 and MMK then you can set the small black slide-switch to "Sense Set." In that position the JS-2 will ignore the output voltage setting of DC2's blue rotary switch and will take its cue from two resistors on the MMK board which will tell the supply to provide 12V at all times (with this feature you could have 40 feet of cable and still get exactly 12V delivered at the load--even under transient conditions).

Have fun this weekend with your new toys.

Thanks and regards,

--Alex C.

So I suggest that you connect the REGEN to DC1 (set at 7V, I doubt you will hear a difference at 9V and I don't recall what if any 5VBUS power the W4S DAC uses, so 7V is safest bet).

Perhaps I should set mine there too. I currently have it at 12Vdc from the JS-2.

Hi Richard:

You are also receiving our Mac mini DC-conversion/Linear Fan Controller Kit (MMK) to use your Mac with an external supply. It supports the optional use of the JS-2's Kelvin-sense voltage/current feedback line (via the included SMA/coax cable), and that feature is only on DC output #2.

So I suggest that you connect the REGEN to DC1 (set at 7V, I doubt you will hear a difference at 9V and I don't recall what if any 5VBUS power the W4S DAC uses, so 7V is safest bet). Use DC2 for the Mac mini, and if you connect the black coax cable between the JS-2 and MMK then you can set the small black slide-switch to "Sense Set." In that position the JS-2 will ignore the output voltage setting of DC2's blue rotary switch and will take its cue from two resistors on the MMK board which will tell the supply to provide 12V at all times (with this feature you could have 40 feet of cable and still get exactly 12V delivered at the load--even under transient conditions).

Have fun this weekend with your new toys.

Thanks and regards,

--Alex C.

Hello Alex,

Thank you so much for your excellent counsel. I would not have known all those particulars as you presented them. Technical is not one of my competencies. But I listen well to fine music, and good counsel from those in the "know". Looking forward to Saturday when I start a staged setup which I report back to the UpTone Audio thread(s).

I have asked my wife who also listens well (she's a therapist) to provide me with unsighted preferences when I start adding to my (yes, dear, "our") main system. I am looking forward to discovering what everyone who so far are way ahead of us, has discerned. I'll induce a state of amnesia and forget what others have discerned to discover for ourselves. My wife won't know what is in play (pun intended). We can catch up on Saturday and thereafter. Our sensory-specific feedback subjective as it is will be fun to share with everyone at CA. So, tomorrow, I intend to remember to forget what has been already described by many so far in no uncertain terms and thus discover anew.

Alex and John, thank you again for the marvelous service and support. The rest I leave to the actual experience(s).

Enjoy the music,

Richard