IGNORED

ARIES vs mini... Confused

I didn't know Miggy you were a nihilist ! We need an entire group over to your place to identify the gremlins

embedded in your system and root them out .

Anytime sweetie. I will provide nice wine. But you must refrain from fondling Ongaku's tubes, as tempting as that might seem.

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

Well I hope I'm the first wanker invited !

Anytime sweetie. I will provide nice wine. But you must refrain from fondling Ongaku's tubes, as tempting as that might seem.

Dreams do come true in audio.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

Lol . Well Miggy I'm off this week with the wife to Aspen for two weeks .

Maybe sometime in late April, early May when the weather warms in NYC .

I heard Miggy will also take us all to dinner at Daniel at his expense ! I'm impressed !

Yes sure. On Daniel: I'll pay if you pay for Masa.

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

system pics

Miggy,my son wanted to go to Masa last year when we were in NYC and we didn't make it! Its more expensive then Daniel!

You are puling the wool over my eyes.

Well, was just kidding. Masa is not worth it. High quality product and nothing else. Been there done that $1500 better spent elsewhere. Funny enough I've not been to Daniel. His Boulud Sud is one of my faves in the city.

system pics

Well, was just kidding. Masa is not worth it. High quality product and nothing else. Been there done that $1500 better spent elsewhere. Funny enough I've not been to Daniel. His Boulud Sud is one of my faves in the city.

Well my son (25 years) is on a mission to hit every three star Michelin restaurant in the world . Unfortunately I'm usually picking up the tab .

Well my son (25 years) is on a mission to hit every three star Michelin restaurant in the world . Unfortunately I'm usually picking up the tab .

Certainly approve of the mission. Perse, Jean-George (the one as well as all his side restaurants), Boulud Sud, are all musts (not all 3* but there's a bit of idiosyncrazies in the Mich ratings). And there so many others but that's enough diversion for this thread...

system pics

I'm afraid Miguelito is not going to like the latest Firmware. Certainly lacking sibilance now.

Well... I'm on the beach in South Beach right now and Jimmy is in Aspen so the bitchslap will have to wait.

system pics

• 1 month later...
Whats was the outcome the thread went quiet????

The only time I have noticed sibilance in the Aries is if I have a cheaper dac ( arcam irdac) which

has an unclean power supply . Even adding a ifi purifier to the Arcam dac eliminated the sibilance .

I have an Uptone Audio Regen coming in May that I'm looking forward to attaching to this dac

I have a feeling that the Regen will be a big help to some of the cheaper Dacs I have but maybe

Not that big of a difference for Dacs in the 2-5 k range or higher.

The only time I have noticed sibilance in the Aries is if I have a cheaper dac ( arcam irdac) which

has an unclean power supply . Even adding a ifi purifier to the Arcam dac eliminated the sibilance .

I have an Uptone Audio Regen coming in May that I'm looking forward to attaching to this dac

I have a feeling that the Regen will be a big help to some of the cheaper Dacs I have but maybe

IMSO (Subjective Opinion) it helps ALL dacs.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

What did he say ? I see they are all very long 10 meters or more .

Too long not a problem like too short. LoL. Use a cable tie.Heheheh.

Post extract here:

So I have to say that the corning is a very touchy device to use, with the regen it is much more universally applicable and seems to work wonders. The combo took my unoptimized "big iron" that normally sounds terrible and made it sound as good as the tweaked sources. To be fair the regen with a Supra cable made a big improvement, but the corning with the regen took it all the way into something very special, which I didn't think was possible with this computer.

Now if this combination can continue to work after more than a few days, we will really have something.

John S.

Jimmy, the good news is that the REGEN made a very significant positive difference with my Ayre QB-9 DSD which is $3250. The Ayre has its own power supply for the USB circuitry and doesn't use USB bus power at all. Despite that isolation, the REGEN made an immediate improvement. You will not be disappointed.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's