IGNORED

Official TIDAL HIFI Streaming Issues Thread

Thanks for the feedback and with that advise, I will respectfully not post to this blog about this topic again.

As I mentioned earlier, you might not be alone having similar problems.

One of the ideas about having a forum in the first place is to share opinions, problems, ideas and experiences. All input is valid and even if someone is currently having a unique problem it maybe a different case tomorrow.

Please keep on posting!

I can play TIDAL on the app on my pc and my iPhone through my LAN. I also have a Synology NAS running minim server, synology audio station, and bubbleUPNPserver. Bubble sees my television as a renderer (LG E6). In the bubble settings I checked the box that says 'create a home renderer'.Linn Kazoo sees my TV and will play music stored on my NAS to the TV. When I go to TIDAL on the Kazoo, it recognizes my account and gives me an interface that allows me to specify music. When I click on a track, I see a quick little drop down dialog that says '1 track added to DS' and then it disappears. No music comes out.

Is this an issue of the TV not accepting the TIDAL stream?

Win10 PRO->PPANG USB->Gustard X20->Jotunheim->Sanders magtech monoblocks->3.7i

I got tidal to play by using an android device and bubbleupnp app. I went into BubbleUPNP settings -> UPNP Tweaks -> uncheck mime type check

Now tidal plays.

I guess iOS can only play tidal through the tidal app.

Win10 PRO->PPANG USB->Gustard X20->Jotunheim->Sanders magtech monoblocks->3.7i

I got tidal to play by using an android device and bubbleupnp app. I went into BubbleUPNP settings -> UPNP Tweaks -> uncheck mime type check

Now tidal plays.

I guess iOS can only play tidal through the tidal app.

Tidal will also work with Lumin or Kazoo on iOS devices.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
My issue is that i'm noticing a sort of distortion in the high frequency range on many tracks on Tidal.

Is this similar to what you hear?

Universal’s Audible Watermark | Matt Montag

For those tracks you found to have distortion, do they all belong to Universal or Sony?

Can you confirm your setup is getting the lossless stream instead of the lossy stream from Tidal?

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

• 3 weeks later...

If say im on a plane and i decide i want to listen to music via tidal offline. they state offline is ideal for such situations. they also say once logged into the app you can set it to offline. how do i log into the app in a situation where there is no cellular or internet? this could also apply to being on a train with very poor coverage or reception?

'You can set TIDAL in Offline Mode when logged into the app. Once you are logged in, select ‘Offline’ from the left menu.'

If say im on a plane and i decide i want to listen to music via tidal offline. they state offline is ideal for such situations. they also say once logged into the app you can set it to offline. how do i log into the app in a situation where there is no cellular or internet? this could also apply to being on a train with very poor coverage or reception?

'You can set TIDAL in Offline Mode when logged into the app. Once you are logged in, select ‘Offline’ from the left menu.'

Never log off...simples

When logged in and listening to the album you like, set it to "Offline". This will download the album to local storage on your iPhone. When traveling, and offline, at the main menu for Tidal, swipe right and select "Offline Content". You can play all previously downloaded albums offline.

hello to all,

i'm using an earmax pro tube amp small system at present. the earmax pro excels at jazz, vocals, classical etc but i feel i need something different for rnb, reggae, electronic, dance etc. i'm thinking along the lines of a sennheiser amp/dac with h800s. i'm unsure however whether or not i should be aiming for a system that is mqa ready considering that tidal has a high chance of introducing master streaming soon. is this something you would all take into account and plan for or should i just be concerned about the sound quality of a system regardless of mqa or not? many thanks.

when i shut down the imac ill be back at sq 1. anyway i sent tidal a message lets see what they say.

When I shut down my iMac and start up again, Tidal starts up without any log on request as long as I don't log off before shut down.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

Yes the app/hardware you use is key. My favorite so far is the webplayer on Windows, whats your preferred method Chris?

I rarely use Tidal via the web, but when I do it's exclusively through Chrome. Chrome is the only browser that can stream lossless. I also have the Tidal desktop app, but have only used it a few times. Most of my Tidal listening is through hardware with embedded Tidal, such as Auralic, Aurender, and Naim. I also use Tidal with Roon quite a bit.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

I rarely use Tidal via the web, but when I do it's exclusively through Chrome. Chrome is the only browser that can stream lossless. I also have the Tidal desktop app, but have only used it a few times. Most of my Tidal listening is through hardware with embedded Tidal, such as Auralic, Aurender, and Naim. I also use Tidal with Roon quite a bit.

I'm guessing our friend @thebeck used the desktop app on a Mac and if so I agree it sounds poor.

I also use Tidal with Roon quite a bit.

Tidal with Roon is terrific! I'm running it on a small PC running windows 10 and it sounds excellent with virtually no issues. I do wish I could stream to other clients while still outputting from computer into my Dac. The ability to do multi room synced playback is a great feature of Roon and it handles it much better than most other software.

David

That makes sense. I need to use the Chrome browser so I can stream lossless. Only thing is I'm not willing to download Chrome just to stream at this time, but I do appreciate understanding why I was disappointed with the sound quality. I didn't find it horrible, just soft, rather euphoric and lacking attack.

The other thing I didn't I didn't care for when searching for music I know and use as reference wasn't available on Tidal. All my CD's are available and I don't have to search for them.

I tried Tidal again after a hike in Interent download speed, thus avoiding the buffering problems of before.

Well, Tidal sounds like Qobuz downloads & aeroplane piped music. Very flat and uninteresting compared with redbook rips of the same album and agree with this post.. Google Chrome and A+ integrated were used just in case things might have changed, still sounds flat and uninteresting.

The navigation takes some getting used to, the search has its hits and misses, cancelled the experience after a week of wondering what the fuss was all about. YMMV, IMHO.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA