IGNORED

Official TIDAL HIFI Streaming Issues Thread

• 4 weeks later...
So all is good (well the crossfading is not working and was told by Kevin that a patch was in the works) save for a small pause at the beginning of each track. The track will start, pause, then start to play again. Is this a known issue with HiFi?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

And I found the fix to this as well....TURN OFF CROSSFADE.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I've had enough. As I now am having constant dropouts I now have to pump the play button. It usually drops out for minutes at a time.

It's completely unacceptable and I'll be writing down all my library manually and going to another service.

Goodbye Tidal.

You just didn't cut it!!!

Ipeng->IckStream->Tidal is displaying

"no content available" for any search.

Anyone else having this problem?

Using Tidal Audiophile plug in for Kodi (2.06), yes I get a playlist not found. (after logging out then logging in) since this weekend.

Interested if anyone else having this problem.

Thanks

Been pretty happy with Tidal.

When using the Tidal web player or the app on my Mac, I was getting dropouts and erratic playback but as soon as I switched to a player that caches the songs to RAM before playback, all those issues are 100% resolved. I use A+ and it has been great.

RIG:  iFi Zen Stream - Benchmark DAC3 L - LA4  AHB2 | Paradigm Sig S6 Cables:  anything available

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

"Using Amarra for Tidal searches are problematic. Using Tidal by itself, all is well. When I use Amarra for Tidal and search for a group, click on a specific album I too often get other albums from them and not the one I selected. After the groups albums available are all displayed If I bounce back and forth with another album from the same group and the one I want, etc., eventually I will get the one I selected but that is an amazing waste of time. Please assist, thank you."

HQ Player (#1) & Audrivana (#2) (wow! love the Apple w/music!!) .. these two software make my system "Amazing!", Purist USB- Benchmark DAC2 HGC (love it!), Purist Audio XLR , ATC SCM25A's (To Die For!) & Focal sub6 . Triode Power Cables with Uber Buss (Yes!) Also enjoy Audeze LCD3 w/"fat pipe cardas."

I've had enough. As I now am having constant dropouts I now have to pump the play button. It usually drops out for minutes at a time.

It's completely unacceptable and I'll be writing down all my library manually and going to another service.

Goodbye Tidal.

You just didn't cut it!!!

When you see so many folks having zero issues with Tidal I would think it would give you pause as to what is going on with your network, system, internet service or the way that you are accessing the service (i.e. Hardware, cables,etc).

On both mobile devices and desktop (Windows machine) I have had no complaints and find that the combination of Tidal and Roon is superb and a great way to supplement my digital library.

David

When you see so many folks having zero issues with Tidal I would think it would give you pause as to what is going on with your network, system, internet service or the way that you are accessing the service (i.e. Hardware, cables,etc).

On both mobile devices and desktop (Windows machine) I have had no complaints and find that the combination of Tidal and Roon is superb and a great way to supplement my digital library.

+1. The problem must be with your system somewhere. I strongly suspect your router, as I've seen the issue you describe several times and experienced it before I replaced mine. A top notch router with great coverage in your home is needed for things like this.

JC

Close to zero issues. An occasional blip. Once had bad "reception" for about 10 minutes.

I don't have a fast line: 10MB ADSL.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

+1 for Roon plus Tidal on my iMac (Win7 Bootcamp). No issues at all.

I am on a long road trip at the moment listening to Tidal on my old iPad2. So long as the hotel has decent WiFi, no dropouts. My PM-3 headphones complete my a portable rig.

+1 for Roon plus Tidal on my iMac (Win7 Bootcamp). No issues at all.

I am on a long road trip at the moment listening to Tidal on my old iPad2. So long as the hotel has decent WiFi, no dropouts. My PM-3 headphones complete my a portable rig.

Listening to Bob Weir's new recording on Tidal right now also.

I need to be out of town next week and not sure what I'll take besides an iPad. Maybe a pair of Audio Engine speakers to hook up to it.

David

Howdy - I just found this blog for Tidal streaming issues. My issue is that i'm noticing a sort of distortion in the high frequency range on many tracks on Tidal. I have a dedicated sound room with sound control and i can hear just the slightest noises. At first, I was very concerned it was my speakers, but have tried different speakers (all high end) and still notice it. Then i would play a DSD or MQA file of my own and wouldn't hear any distortion. My streaming setup is through the Auralic Aries(wireless) connected USB to Vega, and also have a Mytek DAC and I notice the distortion no matter what DAC i'm using. Very frustrated. Any ideas? Solutions? Work arounds? Am i crazy?

Thanks,

-sean

Howdy - I just found this blog for Tidal streaming issues. My issue is that i'm noticing a sort of distortion in the high frequency range on many tracks on Tidal. I have a dedicated sound room with sound control and i can hear just the slightest noises. At first, I was very concerned it was my speakers, but have tried different speakers (all high end) and still notice it. Then i would play a DSD or MQA file of my own and wouldn't hear any distortion. My streaming setup is through the Auralic Aries(wireless) connected USB to Vega, and also have a Mytek DAC and I notice the distortion no matter what DAC i'm using. Very frustrated. Any ideas? Solutions? Work arounds? Am i crazy?

Thanks,

-sean

Hi Sean - You're crazy, get the heck out of here! Only joking! This is interesting. When you play music that isn't sourced from Tidal, where does it come from (NAS, local Aries storage etc...)?

Are you using WiFi or wired Etherent?

Can you give us some specific tracks to listen to and possibly some parts of these tracks?

Just trying to figure out all the variables.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

lol. Hi Chris, thanks for the quick response.

My DSD, MQA, etc. files are stored on a NAS(wired). The Aries is wireless and I have plenty of bandwidth, it's the only device on my 5GHz network. I'll need to look at what files I was playing last night when I get home after work today. One of them was really bad, so much so I thought somehow my kids were able to fire up my system when I wasn't home and blew my speakers. I was that paranoid. It seems it's not with every track on Tidal either, so it is somewhat sporadic. In my research this morning, I came across an article on "Audio Watermark" and wondering if this is what's going on. Audio Watermark Listening Test

Thanks,

-sean

That's interesting, I've also been hearing anomalies or distortion lately. I'm also using an Aries in my streaming/digital system and I was really worried that there was a problem with my SF Olympica 3 speakers... however, this could be it. Haven't tried other sources yet, will move my cd player from my analog system and give it a go.

That's interesting, I've also been hearing anomalies or distortion lately. I'm also using an Aries in my streaming/digital system and I was really worried that there was a problem with my SF Olympica 3 speakers... however, this could be it. Haven't tried other sources yet, will move my cd player from my analog system and give it a go.

Yes, there was one track I was streaming last night that was so bad, I was convinced it was my speakers. I can't remember what song/artist it was, so I will need to go home and see if I can remember what I played. I know it was on a playlist recommended by Tidal. Again, not all tracks do I hear it. I also asked AURALIC, and he thought that the caching feature they released on the Aries would have helped this but it has not. I think they assumed it was a streaming/buffering latency causing it. But I don't think it is.

Yesterday evening was our monthly music listening event so I was unable to determine specific tracks from Tidal that I experienced distortion. I will research this weekend if our power doesn't go out, we are getting hammered in the pacific northwest with bad weather.

lol. Hi Chris, thanks for the quick response.

My DSD, MQA, etc. files are stored on a NAS(wired). The Aries is wireless and I have plenty of bandwidth, it's the only device on my 5GHz network. I'll need to look at what files I was playing last night when I get home after work today. One of them was really bad, so much so I thought somehow my kids were able to fire up my system when I wasn't home and blew my speakers. I was that paranoid. It seems it's not with every track on Tidal either, so it is somewhat sporadic. In my research this morning, I came across an article on "Audio Watermark" and wondering if this is what's going on. Audio Watermark Listening Test

Sincerely doubt it's a Tidal issue. No one else has it. Something in house, no doubt

Sent from my SM-T810 using Computer Audiophile mobile app