IGNORED

Official TIDAL HIFI Streaming Issues Thread

Netgear READYNAS Duo (old) Library (Stock UPNP/DLNA)

Ethernet into gigabit switch

SOTM SMS-100 DLNA Renderer

Stock USB cable into

SOTM SDP-1000 DAC/PRE

I usually use a valve pre but I'm redesigning and rebuilding it.

Balanced outputs to Art Audio PX25

Lowther Horns (Icon Audio)

Bubble UPNP on Galaxy Tab

TIDAL HIFI TRIAL

Cool, the other to thing to consider is Android 5 and above up samples so that may be a factor. I know UAPP player app avoids the up sampling, not sure about Bubble.

Cool, the other to thing to consider is Android 5 and above up samples so that may be a factor. I know UAPP player app avoids the up sampling, not sure about Bubble.

I don't understand, fairly new to streaming but my understanding is that the control app simply sends a URL to the renderer, which then pulls the data from the source. No audio data should pass through the control, nor should any processing take place on it. Am I right ?

I don't understand, fairly new to streaming but my understanding is that the control app simply sends a URL to the renderer, which then pulls the data from the source. No audio data should pass through the control, nor should any processing take place on it. Am I right ?

You're probably right, I was just throwing that out there...

You're probably right, I was just throwing that out there...

Thanks - I probably didn't explain myself well enough. No problem streaming on the S5, but I had a problem casting to the SMS-100 from the S5, then it worked on the TAB.

Thanks for the input anyway. I didn't know that Android 5+ resamples.

Correct, but only if you are referring to a UPnP/DLNA renderer streaming from a UPnP/DLNA media server and using a UPnP/DLNA controller.

However, TIDAL's online server is not a UPnP/DLNA media server, therefore the BubbleUPnP Android app has to intervene in some way in order for it appear that the URLs being supplied to your UPnP supporting renderer have come from a 'normal' UPnP media server.

Bare minimum, the BubbleUPnP app will have to resolve the actual TIDAL tracks URLs, given that they'll be an authentication token involved. Also, it's possible that the BubbleUPnP app has detected that your UPnP renderer is not able to access external servers and is forcibly proxying the TIDAL track streams. Or, you yourself have manually configured the BubbleUPnP app to proxy the TIDAL streams (and all other cloud streams), by setting the Use Proxy option in:

Settings>Local Media Server(>CLOUD CONTENT section)

Incidentally, when proxying for a UPnP renderer the BubbleUPnP app does nothing to the actual audio content of the TIDAL streams - so definitely no upsampling.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Correct, but only if you are referring to a UPnP/DLNA renderer streaming from a UPnP/DLNA media server and using a UPnP/DLNA controller.

However, TIDAL's online server is not a UPnP/DLNA media server, therefore the BubbleUPnP Android app has to intervene in some way in order for it appear that the URLs being supplied to your UPnP supporting renderer have come from a 'normal' UPnP media server.

Bare minimum, the BubbleUPnP app will have to resolve the actual TIDAL tracks URLs, given that they'll be an authentication token involved. Also, it's possible that the BubbleUPnP app has detected that your UPnP renderer is not able to access external servers and is forcibly proxying the TIDAL track streams. Or, you yourself have manually configured the BubbleUPnP app to proxy the TIDAL streams (and all other cloud streams), by setting the Use Proxy option in:

Settings>Local Media Server(>CLOUD CONTENT section)

Thanks for the detailed reply. I followed this sequence to try and diagnose ...

1. Close Bubble on tablet

2. Run Bubble on S5 and stream TIDAL,play an album. Stuttering so I pause. Screen on all the time.

3. Exit bubble on S5

4. Run Bubble on tablet. Now playing and play list show th e album I streamed.

5. Pressing play causes Stuttering.

6. Stop and clear play list. Stream same album. No problem.

Bubble have looked into this and the logs provided...

"Your log files shows that the SOTM streams directly from TIDAL, so any stuttering would come from either the SOTM, it's network connection or

TIDAL servers issues. BubbleUPNP is not involved during streaiming itself: it just provide the stream URL to the SOTM when a track begins."

So all Bubble is doing is to send a list of URLs to the SOTM, but when that's done from the TABLET it works, when from the S5 it doesn't. Very odd. Bubble suggested I try proxying on the S5. I haven't yet, but I have checked it's disabled on both.

• 2 weeks later...

TIDAL has just terminated its CFO and COO according to reports in Norwegian and Swedish papers. TIDAL is moving accounting and operations from Oslo to New York, but leaving the technical team and key support staff in Norway.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Anyone else in APAC having stuttering problems? My finger is hovering over the cancel subscription button...

Oh yes, & for the last 4 weeks. I'm on the Hong Kong server. Each evening at 22:00 HK time the wheels fall off. None of the workarounds above work. Did you raise a ticket? I will do, now I know it's not only me.

Oh yes, & for the last 4 weeks. I'm on the Hong Kong server. Each evening at 22:00 HK time the wheels fall off. None of the workarounds above work. Did you raise a ticket? I will do, now I know it's not only me.

We're back to great service! Complaining seems to work.

• 2 weeks later...

I am using Bubble UPnP on an Android tablet to stream TIDAL to a PS Audio DAC via Bridge II (as renderer). Everything was working flawlessly until recently. Now the DAC will no longer display album artwork from TIDAL. Is anyone else having this problem?

Below is the response I received on the Bubble UPnp forum:

Response:This is probably due to a recent change on how Tidal http servers serve images.

I see that it uses chunked encoding which is slightly unusual and may cause your renderer to fail loading the image.

If you wish, you can report it to the manufacturer giving them this url so they can test it:

http://images.osl.wimpmusic.com/im/i…bumid=57273408

• 4 weeks later...

Tidal just got integrated with Audirvana. Any impressions so far, say compared to streaming from the Tidal app on computer?

Speaker Rig: Roon > microRendu + HDPlex 100W > Yggdrasil > iTube > Sansui Au-555a > Dali Royal Menuet II 

Vinyl Rig: Sansui SR-2050C > Sansui Au-555a > Dali Royal Menuet II

Home Rig: Roon > microRendu > iPurifier 2 > Yggdrasil > iCAN SE > HD800S (LPS: HDPlex 100W)

Office Rig: Roon > mac mini > iDSD BL > HD800S / Viso HP50 / Marshall Major II

• 4 weeks later...
Tidal just got integrated with Audirvana. Any impressions so far, say compared to streaming from the Tidal app on computer?

I just started the trial offered through Audirvana.

Previously I was unable to get through a single track on Tidal without pauses, stutters, and drop-outs. I'm on Comcast broadband. So, I'm not sure what Audirvana is doing, but my streams are now 99% problem-free.

And now that i'm not pulling my hair out and can just listen to the music, the sound quality on Tidal is amazingly good. Audirvana will also allow you to upsample the Tidal stream if you like.

p.s. You also have browsing and search access to Tidal via the Audirvana remote app on IOS.

2013 MacBook Pro Retina -> {Pure Music | Audirvana} -> {Dragonfly Red v.1} -> AKG K-702 or Sennheiser HD650 headphones.

I had the reverse issue with A+. Once logged onto Tidal and played some songs I can't get my digital albums to play. 3-4 tries and I gave up. Leave Tidal to the tidal app.

Speaker Rig: Roon > microRendu + HDPlex 100W > Yggdrasil > iTube > Sansui Au-555a > Dali Royal Menuet II 

Home Rig: Roon > microRendu > iPurifier 2 > Yggdrasil > iCAN SE > HD800S (LPS: HDPlex 100W)

Thanks. Been considering alternatives to my macbook running A+. Will check out these options.

• 1 month later...

Hey All Tidal Users,

Is anyone having a bug where in My Music/My Albums it will only show a short list of all my albums? It seems to be defaulting to an x number ...so like a-f etc. This happens on my mac desktop app and chrome web app. I have tested on my work and home macbook pros. Logged in and logged out, updated teh desktop app etc. In addition, it is also having just buggy hang ups and lag time since the update. I have a ticket in with Tidal but wondered if anyone else saw this.

Thx,Eyeba11kid

Hey All Tidal Users,

Is anyone having a bug where in My Music/My Albums it will only show a short list of all my albums? It seems to be defaulting to an x number ...so like a-f etc. This happens on my mac desktop app and chrome web app. I have tested on my work and home macbook pros. Logged in and logged out, updated teh desktop app etc. In addition, it is also having just buggy hang ups and lag time since the update. I have a ticket in with Tidal but wondered if anyone else saw this.

Thx,Eyeba11kid

Hi,

How many albums do you have in My Music? Maybe try deselecting a few in the F - G range and see if something there is hanging the populate process. Weird.

No issues here in USA with the latest Tidal update - but - I only have a couple dozen albums in My Music and barebones with Playlists, Videos, etc. I usually listen to Tidal via Roon but on new music Fridays I run Tidal directly.

Good luck eyeball,

Tom

I'm using Win 10 but my Tidal app is showing all my albums A-Z. I'm not really sure how I got all of these, I don't recognize many of them. I also generally use Roon so I don't have that much hands-on time with the Tidal app.

Hey All Tidal Users,

Thx,Eyeba11kid

I've not had any problems. This is what usually works for me if things get weird. It's from Tidal support:

*****Please uninstall the app> reboot > reinstall this should correct the issue.*****

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

• 2 weeks later...
Tidal Will Not Stream HiFi On My Android Device.

Any ideas as to a fix? I'm on Marshmallow 6.0.1 LGG3. Tidal will stream and play downloaded files up to the High setting but HiFi is a no go. :(

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Are you sure you are paying for 'HiFi'? Have you played HiFi quality through other devices? I have an LG GPad and can stream HiFi via the Tidal app, Sonos, and Bubble UpNp.

Are you sure you are paying for 'HiFi'? Have you played HiFi quality through other devices? I have an LG GPad and can stream HiFi via the Tidal app, Sonos, and Bubble UpNp.

Don't know anything about Sonos or Bubble and I'll Google that in a minute but yes I'm on the 2 week trial and liking the smooth look and unique playlists it offers, to make this quick I've sorta found a work around. Seems that Tidal was having an issue with Viper4Android and/or the kernel of Turbo ROM I've been currently running on my Lgg3 lately. I flashed Cyangenmod and all is GOOD, I'm able to stream HiFi now from Tidal.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk