IGNORED

HQ Player

iFi has a new USB audio driver 3.2 for the micro iDSD that allows ASIO buffer size up to 32767 samples.  The previous 2.26 driver was limited to 8192 samples.  I'm not sure when this driver became available.  I just discovered it today while reviewing all my current drivers.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

19 minutes ago, rickca said:

iFi has a new USB audio driver 3.2 for the micro iDSD that allows ASIO buffer size up to 32767 samples.  The previous 2.26 driver was limited to 8192 samples.  I'm not sure when this driver became available.  I just discovered it today while reviewing all my current drivers.

Thanks for the heads-up. How does it sound?

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

8 minutes ago, lmitche said:

Thanks for the heads-up. How does it sound?

I don't know yet, I literally just installed it.  I know that @Miska has mentioned the 8192 sample limit in previous drivers as an unfortunate restriction.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

@jdubs,  not 100% sure but there is most likely an upgrade cost when 4.0 becomes available and the the time frame on when is unknown.  So far all the updates with 3.x version have been free.

I am assuming that you have already gone through the eval and liked what you heard and want to hold off purchasing due to concerns with potential 4.0 release and additional cost.

HQP just keeps getting better and better.

The latest version (3.18.0) features "optimizations". One thing I've noticed is that, with successive updates, the delay I used to experience when switching between tracks of differing resolutions or formats (upsampling everything to DSD256) kept lessening. Now it seems to be gone completely.

I also wanted to mention that I'm really enjoying the sound of poly-sync-hb. I've got no idea what "hb" is B|, but I wanted to mention it because I hadn't seen anyone else do so.

The combined strengths of Roon & HQPlayer (both continuously improving) have led to a truly gratifying listening experience. 

Thanks Miska

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i

I am also enjoying HQP 3.18 but since upgrading from 3.17 I've noted CUDA offload does not appear to be working. Settings that prev. gave me 15-20 % cpu utilization with my video card utilization in same range now give greater cpu and no vid. card utilization. No other hardware or software settings were changed.

Video card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB

Processor is Intel i7-7700@ 4.2 GHz

Miska, any explanation / advice?

Desktop: HQ Player --> Singxer SU-1 --> Matrix X-Sabre Pro --> McChanson SuperSilver UltimatE

Headphones: Audeze MM-500, Meze Audio Elite, Focal Utopia 2022, Focal Bathys (Wireless)

Portable Gear: Hiby RS6, xDuoo XD05 Bal 2, FiiO BTR7, Creative BT-W5, FiiTii HiFiDots TWS

Nearfield Active Speakers: Audioengine HD3 

Power Conditioning: Furman Elite-15 PFi

6 minutes ago, LoryWiv said:

I am also enjoying HQP 3.18 but since upgrading from 3.17 I've noted CUDA offload does not appear to be working. Settings that prev. gave me 15-20 % cpu utilization with my video card utilization in same range now give greater cpu and no vid. card utilization. No other hardware or software settings were changed.

I tested it to work, but you need to have latest Nvidia drivers, 385.x or later.

Check what HQPlayer reports about offload in the status bar when starting playback...

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

32 minutes ago, Miska said:

I tested it to work, but you need to have latest Nvidia drivers, 385.x or later.

Check what HQPlayer reports about offload in the status bar when starting playback...

Great advice, Miska. Updated my NVidia driver and voila, CUDA offload is working as before.

Thanks, as always.

Desktop: HQ Player --> Singxer SU-1 --> Matrix X-Sabre Pro --> McChanson SuperSilver UltimatE

Headphones: Audeze MM-500, Meze Audio Elite, Focal Utopia 2022, Focal Bathys (Wireless)

Portable Gear: Hiby RS6, xDuoo XD05 Bal 2, FiiO BTR7, Creative BT-W5, FiiTii HiFiDots TWS

Nearfield Active Speakers: Audioengine HD3 

Power Conditioning: Furman Elite-15 PFi

On 22.9.2017 at 5:50 PM, r_g said:

I use HQP 3.17 and I have a problem which had already been discussed back in 2015 in this forum.
But I have not found a solution here.

HQP is working on a Win7 computer. If there many files loaded in HQP and if

I call 'hqp-control.exe localhost --playlist-get' I get the 'premature end of document' error.
It depends on how long the foldernames and the filenames are in total. The error occurs approximately
after 36-45 files.

Is there already a solution to this problem in a Win7 environment?

I just checked if this 'premature end of document' error still appears in version 3.18.0.
In my Win7 environment the error is gone. I can list the complete playlist with hqp-control.exe,
even if there are 100+ tracks loaded in the playlist.

Miska, Thank you very much for this new version.

10 hours ago, k6davis said:

HQP just keeps getting better and better.

The latest version (3.18.0) features "optimizations". One thing I've noticed is that, with successive updates, the delay I used to experience when switching between tracks of differing resolutions or formats (upsampling everything to DSD256) kept lessening. Now it seems to be gone completely.

I also wanted to mention that I'm really enjoying the sound of poly-sync-hb. I've got no idea what "hb" is B|, but I wanted to mention it because I hadn't seen anyone else do so.

The combined strengths of Roon & HQPlayer (both continuously improving) have led to a truly gratifying listening experience. 

Thanks Miska

Some interesting light reading including some words regarding 'hb' filters:

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/13071-hqplayer-resampling-filter-setup-guide-for-ordinary-person/

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

I will always define HQ PLayer as a great work ... in progress.  

HQ Player (#1) & Audrivana (#2) (wow! love the Apple w/music!!) .. these two software make my system "Amazing!", Purist USB- Benchmark DAC2 HGC (love it!), Purist Audio XLR , ATC SCM25A's (To Die For!) & Focal sub6 . Triode Power Cables with Uber Buss (Yes!) Also enjoy Audeze LCD3 w/"fat pipe cardas."

10 minutes ago, Theobetley said:

What is the workaround to get hqp to recognize my registration? Haven't used in awhile but decided to try 3.18.

I believe Miska changed the format of the license file to address some of the issues that users were running into with one of the Windows 10 update.  I think you will need to reach out to Miska to get it converted.