IGNORED

HQ Player

Yes I did all the test with Ethernet linked. I succesfully installed a naa on a slightly recent pc running W10 64 bit but with this older one pc and w7 32bit no way. 

MacMini 2012 i5 2.3| 4GB |Crucial M4 64 Gb SSD |10.9.1| NorthStar Driver | Optimization Script |HiFace 1| JRiver 19 Mac | Buffalo II DAC | Mastersound 220| Rega Naos

5 minutes ago, Conte_Oliver said:

Yes I did all the test with Ethernet linked. I succesfully installed a naa on a slightly recent pc running W10 64 bit but with this older one pc and w7 32bit no way. 

Where is HQPlayer (server) installed?  Does it see the NAA?

Hi HQP is installed in a Windows 10 partition of a MacMini .

if you connect the macmini to a naa installed in a Win10 64 pc is all ok (this pc is not mine)

the macmini doesn't see the pc with Win7 32 (and I got that error)

maybe do I need an older daemon?

MacMini 2012 i5 2.3| 4GB |Crucial M4 64 Gb SSD |10.9.1| NorthStar Driver | Optimization Script |HiFace 1| JRiver 19 Mac | Buffalo II DAC | Mastersound 220| Rega Naos

I am having issues with Auto rate when upsampling 96kHz 24bit to DSD512. V3.17

If I leave it on Auto and hit play in Roon it appears the music is playing, but nothing is going on.

If I press Pause and manually choose 44.1k x512 or 44.1k x256 (the only options available in Auto menu) and hit play it is fine, but if left on Auto, nothing.

The log file says No suitable output rate found, stop. 

Any ideas why there is no suitable rate when I choose Auto, but it is ok when I manually select it?

Vinnie Rossi LIO (AVC/Tubestage, AMP Module with built in HPF 100Hz 24dB/octave, DAC 2.0), Harbeth P3ESR, Rythmik F8

Win10 i7-7700 -> Roon -> HQPlayer DSD512- > LIO 100Hz HPF -> Harbeth P3ESR

->LIO  -> miniDSP <100Hz -> Rythmik F8  

Hi all,

I’m using HQPlayer (with ROON UI) to convert and upsample sources from 16b/44.1 Khz to DSD 128 or DSD 512.

I want to apply convolution filters for Digital Room Correction purpose.

What is best compromise regarding filters files format (bitdepth, sample rate) , my concerns are about sound quality and computer ressources optimization ?

Thank you.

ROON > HQPlayer > USBridge > T+A DAC8 DSD > NAD M22 (Ncore Hypex) > Harbeth SLH5+
Setup details

2 hours ago, volpone said:

I’m using HQPlayer (with ROON UI) to convert and upsample sources from 16b/44.1 Khz to DSD 128 or DSD 512.

I want to apply convolution filters for Digital Room Correction purpose.

What is best compromise regarding filters files format (bitdepth, sample rate) , my concerns are about sound quality and computer ressources optimization ?

Convolution filter file bitdepth and sample rate generally don't have notable effect on computer resource usage, apart from the initialization time before playback begins.

If you use Acourate, then I'd recommend to generate filters for 384k sampling rate, 64-bit mono WAV. Remember to check the "Brick" box too, then you can keep the "Expand HF" off in HQPlayer - then it needs to do less massaging on the filters...

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

HQ Player Stuttering while loading long playlists in Muso.

I am using Muso as to control for HQ Player.

However, I notice that when I play long playlists, or CD box sets that contain many albums, I get a considerable amount of stuttering in HQ player until the playlist fully loads into HQ player.

Is there any thing I can do about this?

3 hours ago, Miska said:

Convolution filter file bitdepth and sample rate generally don't have notable effect on computer resource usage, apart from the initialization time before playback begins.

If you use Acourate, then I'd recommend to generate filters for 384k sampling rate, 64-bit mono WAV. Remember to check the "Brick" box too, then you can keep the "Expand HF" off in HQPlayer - then it needs to do less massaging on the filters...

Thank you @Miska.

If my sources files are only 16/44 and output only DSD 512 do you still recommend "to generate filters for 384k sampling rate, 64-bit mono wav" ?

ROON > HQPlayer > USBridge > T+A DAC8 DSD > NAD M22 (Ncore Hypex) > Harbeth SLH5+
Setup details

9 minutes ago, volpone said:

If my sources files are only 16/44 and output only DSD 512 do you still recommend "to generate filters for 384k sampling rate, 64-bit mono wav" ?

If you have source files only in that format and nothing else, then you can create filters for 44.1k sampling rate instead.

Normally you would generate filters for highest source file sampling rate you would imagine using.

13 minutes ago, jimdukey said:

Thanks! So I could have it set all the time, listen to unprocessed DSD and Upsampled PCM?

That would be great as I've only experimented briefly with Direct SDM.

That seems to what's already happening, as you mentioned.

Not sure if you do convolution, but if you have Direct SDM selected then the filters will not be applied either.  I would prefer Direct SDM as well but I need convolution. Perhaps @Miska can have an option to enable convolution even when Direct SDM is selected.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

On 9/15/2017 at 8:22 PM, tboooe said:

Not sure if you do convolution, but if you have Direct SDM selected then the filters will not be applied either.  I would prefer Direct SDM as well but I need convolution. Perhaps @Miska can have an option to enable convolution even when Direct SDM is selected.

Direct SDM is for plain bit-perfect DSD pass-through. So it cannot involve any processing like convolution or such...

What happens in other cases depends on your configuration. When doing convolution for DSD, I also recommend to do at least 2x upsampling for the DSD content if possible. This gives you some extra output precision.

I used 3.16.0 with my Win10 NAA last 1/2 year. I did Creators Update on my Win10 HQPlayer computer (no change on the NAA computer). Because of startup crash I needed to  update HQPlayer to 3.17. Now I cannot access my Win10 NAA anymore - I tried both NetworkAudioAdapter and NetworkAudioAdapter IPv6.

Miska, did anything change in the way how NAA is discovered between 3.16 and 3.17 ? Is there anyone using Win10 HQPlayer computer with Win10 NAA after Creators update on HQPlayer computer? Do I need to update NAA? My NAA version is 3.4.2.0.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500

I use HQP 3.17 and I have a problem which had already been discussed back in 2015 in this forum.
But I have not found a solution here.

HQP is working on a Win7 computer. If there many files loaded in HQP and if

I call 'hqp-control.exe localhost --playlist-get' I get the 'premature end of document' error.
It depends on how long the foldernames and the filenames are in total. The error occurs approximately
after 36-45 files.

Is there already a solution to this problem in a Win7 environment?

10 hours ago, r_g said:

If there many files loaded in HQP and if

I call 'hqp-control.exe localhost --playlist-get' I get the 'premature end of document' error.

I sometimes get that error too, even with a play queue having only 8 tracks.  I can repeat the command and then it works, so it's not predictable.

I'm running hqp-control in MacOS 10.12 (Sierra), and HQP Desktop in MacOS 10.11 (Capitan).

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

12 hours ago, Bob Stern said:

I sometimes get that error too, even with a play queue having only 8 tracks.  I can repeat the command and then it works, so it's not predictable.

I'm running hqp-control in MacOS 10.12 (Sierra), and HQP Desktop in MacOS 10.11 (Capitan).

In my Win7 environment it's definitely predictable.
And when I repeat the command the error occurs everytime and will not dissapear.

So it seems to be different in my Win7 version and your MacOS version.

Hey guys, what does the purchase of a license get you in terms of updates?  I'm probably just not seeing it...so a link is totally cool...but if I buy it now...which is on version 3.17...how many more updates does my $ get me?  

How many more 3.x versions are expected?

Thanks

Jim

6 hours ago, jdubs said:

Hey guys, what does the purchase of a license get you in terms of updates?  I'm probably just not seeing it...so a link is totally cool...but if I buy it now...which is on version 3.17...how many more updates does my $ get me?  

How many more 3.x versions are expected?

Thanks

Jim

How many you want? :confused: