IGNORED

HQ Player

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

That didn’t work .Do you know were I can download version 3.17 as it worked perfectly ? Asked this a few times and can’t seem to get a answer ? Thanks

Why did you delete the previous installation package before you verified that the new version works for you?

You can modify the download URL to point to he old version. There are couple of older versions available on the server.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

On 10/1/2017 at 10:40 PM, oilpaint said:

I have the latest HQP and the latest ROON but still am getting random stops with 2 seconds left while playing PCM files. This issue has been around a long time - are there any settings that will make the issue go away? Is this a HQP issue or ROON?

Just posted on the Roon forum that next update of Roon will contain a fix for what is an issue at their end. Apparently took them quite a while to figure out what the problem was.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

8 hours ago, Miska said:

Why did you delete the previous installation package before you verified that the new version works for you?

You can modify the download URL to point to he old version. There are couple of older versions available on the server.

It would be nice to have clearly accessible links to previous builds on a site for those who have problems with updates, isn't it?

1 hour ago, AnotherSpin said:

It would be nice to have clearly accessible links to previous builds on a site for those who have problems with updates, isn't it?

No? :D

I also occasionally remove old builds from the server, those have bugs and shouldn't be used. If someone wants to use old version, they need to keep copy of it.

Pipeline Setup with DSD-Files (2 Channel).

I can play DSD-Files with HQP to an ExaSound E28 DAC without problems. But not with pipeline-setup.

For this test a used the following settings in HQP.

1. Scenario
DirectSDM is enabled to hold CPU-Load down.
SampleType for Output is SDM(DSD).
Pipeline Setup is enabled. All Channel-Mappings are at default for test-purposes.
SourceChannel 1 maps to MixChannel 1 with 0dB
SourceChannel 2 maps to MixChannel 2 with 0dB
and so on...

result -> No Outputstream on channel 1 and 2.

The track is playing in HQP but the DAC only tries to connect to a stream (a short RST in the display) 
but then reset to 'not playing state'.
It seems that there is no real DSD-stream from HQP.

2. Scenario
DirectSDM is enabled to hold CPU-Load down.
SampleType for Output is PCM.
Pipeline Setup is enabled. 
Following Channel-Mappings.
SourceChannel 1 maps to MixChannel 1 with 0dB
SourceChannel 2 maps to MixChannel 2 with 0dB
SourceChannel 6 maps to MixChannel 6 with 0dB
SourceChannel 1 maps to MixChannel 7 with 0dB
SourceChannel 2 maps to MixChannel 8 with 0dB

result -> OutputStream on channel 1 and 2. No Outputstream on channel 7 and 8.

If I play PCM-Files I can map SourceChannels in the pipeline-setup to different MixChannels and it is working without problems.

Perhaps anyone can test if pipeline-setup is working with DSD-Files on your own system?

Or am I doing something wrong ?

6 hours ago, Miska said:

No? :D

I also occasionally remove old builds from the server, those have bugs and shouldn't be used. If someone wants to use old version, they need to keep copy of it.

I still have every single version of HQP since I first purchased about 2 years ago saved on a usb drive!  Not sure why I keep them all but it makes me feel fuzzy knowing I "own" them and have them in my possession. 

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

29 minutes ago, tboooe said:

I still have every single version of HQP since I first purchased about 2 years ago saved on a usb drive!  Not sure why I keep them all but it makes me feel fuzzy knowing I "own" them and have them in my possession. 

I also have some previous builds distributions. But, as we see from an yesterday posts not everyone follows the same habit, and for them it may represent a rather annoying problem. Which may be avoided easily if official site would have some support archive. But, of course, it is developer decision.

13 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

Windows - https://www3.signalyst.com/bins/HQPlayerDesktop3-setup-3170.exe

Linux (Ubuntu) - https://www3.signalyst.com/bins/hqplayer_3.18.0-64_amd64.deb

Mac - https://www3.signalyst.com/bins/HQPlayerDesktop3-mac-3180.dmg

The only one that I confirmed was the Windows version.

5 hours ago, tboooe said:

Same here.  I save everyone that I have used but lately I have using Linux Embedded 4.0 beta, the Windows version has taken a back seat :)

14 minutes ago, ted_b said:

So what is the current conventional wisdom for HQP desktop: install 3.18 or let it get de-bugged and stay on 3.17 for now (talking Windows 10 in my case)?

Only known bug in 3.18 at the moment is in one of the new features in the remote control protocol.

1 hour ago, ted_b said:

So what is the current conventional wisdom for HQP desktop: install 3.18 or let it get de-bugged and stay on 3.17 for now (talking Windows 10 in my case)?

With my settings I have zero issues with 3.18.  I only play DSD and have 2 channel convolution.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

10 minutes ago, jimdukey said:

What does Convolution do in 2 CH Stereo?

I thought it was for MC.

TIA!

There are many folks who have room issues and need some eq in 2 channel.

4 hours ago, Miska said:

Only known bug in 3.18 at the moment is in one of the new features in the remote control protocol.

Sorry, I did not mean to stir up anything, but could have sworn there were several veteran users who have reported stoppages in their favorite filters with 3.18.  I could be wrong.  I will install 3.18 soon then.

4 hours ago, ted_b said:

Sorry, I did not mean to stir up anything, but could have sworn there were several veteran users who have reported stoppages in their favorite filters with 3.18.  I could be wrong.  I will install 3.18 soon then.

3/18 is working the best of the last few verisons for me. No issues.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

8 hours ago, jimdukey said:

What does Convolution do in 2 CH Stereo?

I use it to load EQ filters for overly bright recordings.

I created a collection of different EQ filter files (impulse responses) so I can apply different EQ to different recordings.  In most cases it is a parametric EQ dip at around 4 KHz, but I have filter files for different center frequencies, and I also have filter files for a high frequency rolloff instead of a dip.

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

6 hours ago, ted_b said:

I use 3.18, hb filter, without issues, but I have dmg files of recent builds archived.

Hi guys...I just completed a new build to replace my old i7-3700s cpu with an i7-6700 because I was having issues converting high res to DSD512.  Everything is working great.  However, I have a question about Turbo mode and cpu utilization.  With the 3700s CPU I would be at around 80% utilization at Turbo mode freq of 3.90ghz.  I noticed with the 6700 cpu, no matter what I do, I cant get it to go into Turbo mode even when using non -2s filter.  The max freq I get is 3.4ghz, even when cpu utilization is above 80%. 

Curious if others using this CPU or similar experience the same?  And yes, Turbo mode is enabled in bios.

Other components:

5 hours ago, tboooe said:

Hi guys...I just completed a new build to replace my old i7-3700s cpu with an i7-6700 because I was having issues converting high res to DSD512.  Everything is working great.  However, I have a question about Turbo mode and cpu utilization.  With the 3700s CPU I would be at around 80% utilization at Turbo mode freq of 3.90ghz.  I noticed with the 6700 cpu, no matter what I do, I cant get it to go into Turbo mode even when using non -2s filter.  The max freq I get is 3.4ghz, even when cpu utilization is above 80%. 

Curious if others using this CPU or similar experience the same?  And yes, Turbo mode is enabled in bios.

My 6700k machine runs at 4 ghz all the time. It's locked in the high power profile and speed step is turned off. 

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

11 minutes ago, lmitche said:

My 6700k machine runs at 4 ghz all the time. It's locked in the high power profile and speed step is turned off. 

Thank you...my machine is also set at high performance with speed step turned off.  Not sure whats happening.  I see in cpu-z that my multiplier range is 8-40 so the cpu should hit Turbo.  I just tried running Prime95 on 1 core and even when that core is pegged at 100% utilization, the freq never goes above 3.4ghz. Something must not be set right in my Bios.  Maybe because I have all the C states enabled?  

Other components: