IGNORED

HQ Player

@sig8, I agree with tboooe.  You need to get the two systems talking to each other and confirm that networking is working correctly.  Once you have that working configure the routing table on the HQPlayer system to forward all multicast packets to the NAA interface.  Also, make sure that the firewalls are configured correctly.

I am having a strange problem since I upgraded from 3.164 to 3.18.

I have a high pitch distortion on voices and instruments when using pcm at 48, 96, 192, and 384. The noise

is the loudest at 48 and gets quieter the higher the rate. Note that all the other rates work just fine.

So I did a little bit of testing and found out this also happened in 3.17, but it's ok when I go back to 3.164.

I am running on a windows 10 server through an IFI iusb3.0 to my Esoteric K-03x. I found a newer driver for the esoteric, but the error still exists. I also do an uninstall of hqplayer each time.

Anyone have any suggestions...

I ran into a situation where I downsampled to PCM 48 and it locked something behind the interface into 48.  Even when I changed sample rate, the sample rate in the drop down menu it did not change the actual sample rate.  I had to uninstall and reinstall HQP to get things to work properly again.

3 hours ago, adol290 said:

I am having a strange problem since I upgraded from 3.164 to 3.18.

I have a high pitch distortion on voices and instruments when using pcm at 48, 96, 192, and 384. The noise

is the loudest at 48 and gets quieter the higher the rate. Note that all the other rates work just fine.

So I did a little bit of testing and found out this also happened in 3.17, but it's ok when I go back to 3.164.

These happen in some cases and configuration combinations and only on Windows. I've spent a week chasing down and working around this compiler bug. I will shortly release 3.18.1 fixing this problem...

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

8 hours ago, Miska said:

I don't think there's anything to be fixed on that front. Works fine for me, up to 512x conversion ratios.

Disappointed still can’t play xtr filters without popping after about 10 seconds into song.Back to 3.17.Hopefully it gets fixed.It worked fine for me to up to version 3.18.So if it works for you there is no issue.Well there is a issue because it doesn’t work for me.

4 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Disappointed still can’t play xtr filters without popping after about 10 seconds into song.Back to 3.17.Hopefully it gets fixed.It worked fine for me to up to version 3.18.So if it works for you there is no issue.Well there is a issue because it doesn’t work for me.

One thing that is certain is that over time CPU load will keep increasing. At some point something that used to work won't work anymore. That can be fixed with faster CPU.

This happens with all software, operating systems, etc. Not just with HQPlayer.

9 hours ago, Miska said:

One thing that is certain is that over time CPU load will keep increasing. At some point something that used to work won't work anymore. That can be fixed with faster CPU.

This happens with all software, operating systems, etc. Not just with HQPlayer.

CPU load did not change.

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

CPU load did not change.

You may want to uninstal HQ Player from you system completely, also clean out those files that buried deep in the system folders. Can not be more specific here, because I have macs, but someone with Windows knowledge may help with this. After that new HQ Player build should be clean installed (license may need to be used again). It might do the trick. Did you try to change multicore and auto rate settings in preferences? Buffer?

3 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

You may want to uninstal HQ Player from you system completely, also clean out those files that buried deep in the system folders. Can not be more specific here, because I have macs, but someone with Windows knowledge may help with this. After that new HQ Player build should be clean installed (license may need to be used again). It might do the trick. Did you try to change multicore and auto rate settings in preferences? Buffer?

On Windows, HQPlayer should be always uninstalled first using the provided uninstaller before installing a new version.

If uninstallation has not happened at some point, check that "C:\Program Files\Signalyst" folder is empty after uninstallation. And "C:\Program Files (x86)\Signalyst" shouldn't contain anything anymore (not used anymore).

Just a note, i also has image back up for the entire system.  just in case to roll back to the one that working.

DigitalDac: Chord DAVE, Amp: MC275 Mono, Preamp: FirstSound, Source: Esoteric K01X, Cable: TaraLab GME interconnect,
CASSOtM Trifecta Mod 75ohm MCI, TheLinearSolution TCXO Router

Analog: SME 20/2, SME V, Skala, Esoteric C03 Phono

15 hours ago, Outlaw said:

CPU load did not change.

What CPU do you currently have?  

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

On 10/15/2017 at 1:04 AM, Miska said:

Now 3.18.1 is out. Please let me know if it fixes those kind problems...

Hi to all .. I have been playing with 3.18 and faced a frequent lockup’s .. where Hqplayer freezes or no sound as the counter moves.

then 3.18.1 was launched

to cut a long story short and to share my experience on this forum 

1. Closed Form Fast in filter and over sampling is very tough to play... my 6900k overclocked to 4.2ghz loaded with fast memory and playing Hqplayer from Ramdisk in memory and all loaded albums in a second ram disk on RAM just cannot cut it. 

Yes I have Convolution engine (mono 32bit 192 kHz wav Giles using REW ) but even without convolution enabled HQPLAYER freezes

no sound 

While the NAA shows and the iDSD micro BL shows ok status it has actually crashed and I need to power cycle the iDSD connection together with the Uptone ISO Regen

2. So I went direct USB without the NAA ... sane result just a bit easier to reset the Isoregen and iDSD 

After a whole hour of experiments I found the following:

3.  I can play Up To “closed form” on both filter and oversampling with Modulator ASDM7 512 fs

but not the closed form fast

All my drivers on my GTX 970m and PC and Win 10 pro are latest (just uploaded today)

3. My question is : am I doing anything wrong or is the limit for 44.1khz Red book files.. 

i tried a 96khz 24 bit file Sara Bareilles Brave Enough from HDTRacks ... results are even worst ... 

I don’t think I even reach the sinc filter and closed form on oversampling!!!!

Any one thinks a GTX 1080 card upgrade may help with CUDA Offload?

Thx

11 hours ago, kelvinwsy said:

Hi to all .. I have been playing with 3.18 and faced a frequent lockup’s .. where Hqplayer freezes or no sound as the counter moves.

then 3.18.1 was launched

to cut a long story short and to share my experience on this forum 

1. Closed Form Fast in filter and over sampling is very tough to play... my 6900k overclocked to 4.2ghz loaded with fast memory and playing Hqplayer from Ramdisk in memory and all loaded albums in a second ram disk on RAM just cannot cut it. 

Yes I have Convolution engine (mono 32bit 192 kHz wav Giles using REW ) but even without convolution enabled HQPLAYER

Are you sure you are not hitting CPU's thermal throttling? IIRC, if your core temps hit 95 C the CPU is limited.

3.  I can play Up To “closed form” on both filter and oversampling with Modulator ASDM7 512 fs

but not the closed form fast

This is strange, because "fast" is just lighter version of the same...

All my drivers on my GTX 970m and PC and Win 10 pro are latest (just uploaded today)

Do you have CUDA offload enabled in settings? With mobile GPUs you can try it out, but it may not be very helpful, especially compared to such fast CPU.

But "closed form" has never been a problem on my older GTX 980...

Any one thinks a GTX 1080 card upgrade may help with CUDA Offload?

If you use convolution engine, CUDA offload can help quite a lot. But it depends on performance ratio of CPU vs GPU. With faster CPUs it may not be worth it, but sometimes good GPU is worthwhile upgrade for machines with older CPU.

OK, I have some solutions to try... I was checking out different setting combinations on my 7700K Win10 machine.

I can run closed-form-fast on the 7700K to DSD512 if I set "Multicore DSP" to enabled mode (box checked). With auto mode it doesn't work (box grayed).

closed-form-fast_dsd512_7700k.thumb.png.b8125b336fe01c01be9c847e2519ec6f.png

Still closed-form doesn't work on CPU, but works fine with CUDA offload enabled with GTX 980, both CPU and GPU average load ~20%.

closed-form_dsd512_7700k_cuda.thumb.png.a7b4dd78bfb78b0eae487e7c507a41d3.png

File source is a network share and output is to a NAA, gigabit ethernet.

I'll see if I can tweak the multicore "auto" for this case, on Windows, in next release.

Hi I ran into some cases when I shut down as many processes using Process Lasso ~ < 1000/ 40 processes I can barely run Closed Fast setting in filter and oversampling 

but convolution not enabled in over -add mode

Then I tried over-save mode ... Seem to work

BUT still touch and go

what is the difference in the Convolution Engine between ADD versus SAVE mode??? What

seems to be different ???

i also find sensitivity difference in the WAV file exported from REW .. one recent file created In 

32bit mono 192khz

The closed form fast Will not play 

the older REW WAV filed in 24bit seem to be ok for Closed Fast 

why is this so? Number of EQ frequency points is about the same except for the 24bit vs 32 bit

Thx