IGNORED

HQ Player

41 minutes ago, ted_b said:

+1. As is life.

As are we. :)  (Unless you believe my mom.  She said to me once, “Jud, people don’t change, they just get more like themselves.”)

OK, back to HQPlayer...

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

7 hours ago, Theobetley said:

Where do I find my old key?

When you bought HQPlayer, you were given a key file in TXT format. That is the one you need to convert. Its start with "hqplayer3-dw-....".

It should be on your hard disk and I hope you made a backup of it. Don't waste your time trying to retrieve the original download link where your purchased as it dies after a month. 

12 minutes ago, bibo01 said:

When you bought HQPlayer, you were given a key file in TXT format. That is the one you need to convert. Its start with "hqplayer3-dw-....".

It should be on your hard disk and I hope you made a backup of it. Don't waste your time trying to retrieve the original download link where your purchased as it dies after a month. 

Oh shit I think I lost it.

17 hours ago, Theobetley said:

Oh shit I think I lost it.

This is the #1 reason why I love GMail. I just searched my archive history for emails from "signalyst.com" and was able to recover my licence file attachment ;)

CAPS Pipeline with HDPlex Linear PSU running Win10 64 bit, AO 2.0, RoonServer, HQPlayer -> T+A DAC8 DSD -> Linear Tube Audio's MicroZOTL2 Headphone Amp with Mojo Audio's Illuminati Linear PSU -> Focal Utopia/Audeze LCD-3

On 9/25/2017 at 5:33 PM, rickca said:

iFi has a new USB audio driver 3.2 for the micro iDSD that allows ASIO buffer size up to 32767 samples.  The previous 2.26 driver was limited to 8192 samples.  I'm not sure when this driver became available.  I just discovered it today while reviewing all my current drivers.

Ok, so running at low latency 16k samples is sounding best here with dsd512.  Anyone else give this a try?

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

25 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

What are the changes in 3.18.Cant play the xtr filters get stuttering.Never had issues in previous builds.Thought I would uninstall and reinstall but there seems to be a issue on download server.Says time to download 46 minutes ??

Interesting...I can play xtr -2s filters on version 3.18.  In fact, I noticed the CPU utilization went down about 5%.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Running into an odd issue with HQP 3.18 on my Windows 10 server, with Roon sending the signal to HQP. 

1. In settings I have a minphaseFIR filter chosen under PCM upsample default settings and a poly synch filter chosen under SDM defaults;

2. In the main playback window I've chosed "auto" for the upsampling; in other words PCM upsamples as PCM, DSD as DSD;

3. The above is working, but all upsampling - whether to PCM or DSD - is being filtered with the minphaseFIR filter, according to the enhanced signal path view provided by Roon. M\

My question is why DSD files aren't being filtered with the poly synch filter I chose?

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

6 hours ago, firedog said:

My question is why DSD files aren't being filtered with the poly synch filter I chose?

DSD to DSD doesn't use those filters, just modulator choice and FIR, etc choice in DSF settings. So it looks like Roon is simply showing you what HQPLAYER filter was set last?

1 hour ago, oilpaint said:

I have the latest HQP and the latest ROON but still am getting random stops with 2 seconds left while playing PCM files. This issue has been around a long time - are there any settings that will make the issue go away? Is this a HQP issue or ROON?

Interesting, because the problem stopped for me with the new 3.18. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

20 hours ago, Outlaw said:

With release 3.18 can not get xtr filters to work without a popping sound after about 10 secs of playing.Never had issues with previous builds.Where Can I find the download for 3.17 so I can go back to that release ?

Did you try going to settings and unchecking Multicore DSP, playing some to see how it goes and then go back and set it again?

That did the trick for me. 

I suspect @Miska has a a little bug where he needs to re-initialize the setting... at least that's what it looks like to a black-box tester ;-)