IGNORED

Are we living in the Golden Age of the Jazz Piano Trio?

Monty is a big gap in my collection, no idea why. I have only a small handful of albums.

Which ones should I get?

My favs are Montreux Alexander...and Reunion in Europe.

Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not." — Nelson Pass

New to this thread, I hope this hasn't been mentioned yet:

Tarek Yamani Trio - Ashur (Piano Trio with a tuba instead of a double base)

Anne Guus Teerhuis Trio - Tarhouse Tales.

Both bands feature the same drummer, btw.

This isn't available on HD Tracks or qobuz as of yet but you can stream it via tidal.

New to this thread, I hope this hasn't been mentioned yet:

Tarek Yamani Trio - Ashur (Piano Trio with a tuba instead of a double base)

Anne Guus Teerhuis Trio - Tarhouse Tales.

Both bands feature the same drummer, btw.

This isn't available on HD Tracks or qobuz as of yet but you can stream it via tidal.

Tarhouse Tales is excellent.

cd_anne_guus_teerhuis_trio_tarhouse_tales.jpg

Nachtfahrten | Michael Wollny – Télécharger et écouter l'album

0614427959232_300.jpg

Listened only via web, but sounds pretty interesting and good. Anyone already has it and can post DR values?

--

Krzysztof Maj

http://mkrzych.wordpress.com/

"Music is the highest form of art. It is also the most noble. It is human emotion, captured, crystallised, encased… and then passed on to others." - By Ken Ishiwata

They actually run the PCM track through an analog console to record it in DSD. Seems

like a waste of time to me. Here, you can buy the studio master which is PCM and cheaper than the DSD copy. Call me crazy, but I want the studio master. I have several of their recordings. En Azul sounds sensational in 24/96 WAV. Excellent playing as well. This one is a no brainer.

21409d1441783502t-are-we-living-golden-age-jazz-piano-trio-witmertrio300shadow.jpgrecorded in 24/96 PCM

21410d1424616464t-are-we-living-golden-age-jazz-piano-trio-impromptu.jpgrecorded in DSD and in PCM.

read here; DSD or here Sound Liaison Music Shop

I just stick with PCM for both albums....but I have to admit that the DSD does sound good too.

Nachtfahrten | Michael Wollny*– Télécharger et écouter l'album

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21427[/ATTACH]

Listened only via web, but sounds pretty interesting and good. Anyone already has it and can post DR values?

Thanks. Will probably buy it over the weekend.

Thanks. Will probably buy it over the weekend.

Yeah, the same on my side I think ;-) Piano sounds quite nice over the web, I am not fan of ACT, but Adam Baldych recent album is quite good sounding - done on analogue console and Adam respond to me that he spent quite lot of time on the mix. Curious how about Machael…

--

Krzysztof Maj

"Music is the highest form of art. It is also the most noble. It is human emotion, captured, crystallised, encased… and then passed on to others." - By Ken Ishiwata

Yeah, the same on my side I think ;-) Piano sounds quite nice over the web, I am not fan of ACT, but Adam Baldych recent album is quite good sounding - done on analogue console and Adam respond to me that he spent quite lot of time on the mix. Curious how about Machael…

Streaming it now in 16/44 lossless on Qobuz sitting in an airplane lounge. Doesn't sound overly compressed.

Streaming it now in 16/44 lossless on Qobuz sitting in an airplane lounge. Doesn't sound overly compressed.

First Impression: very weird and dark, but very interesting. Expect a review on my blog tomorrow. And I'm certainly going to buy it when I get back home, so will publish some Musicscope.

First Impression: very weird and dark, but very interesting. Expect a review on my blog tomorrow. And I'm certainly going to buy it when I get back home, so will publish some Musicscope.

Yes, as Michael said they are nocturnes.

--

Krzysztof Maj