kipeta

Call for testers! Daphile

Rate this topic

Hi All,

I might be mistaken but Daphile seems to not be able to play Apple Lossless files ripped from CD natively where I expect the bit rate to be 1422kbps.

It seems to play it at 705kbps variable bit rate (VBR)

In the "advanced settings" under file types, transcoding or decoding into either FLAC/PCM/WAV gives a different VBR but all less than 1422kbps.

What does this all mean and is there an optimum setting.

Thanks for any pointers.

Geoff

PH SR7 > MacMini+Uptone MMK Mod > Audirvana 3.2 > re-clocked D-LInk switch/LPS1.1 > sMS-200Ultra/LPS1.2 > tX-USBUltra/PH SR7 > Chord BluDave > Focal Utopia(Norne Silver) or Voxativ 9.87/ Stereo REL G1 Mk II

Is it possible with daphile as OS to bridge server and player as Austin pop thread intitled "a novel way to ..." describes for windows

/30376-a-novel-way-to-massively-improve-the-sq-of-computer-audio-streaming/#comments

Richard 

I can't find the explicit item you are referencing but if you mean separating the server and player using separate computers linked by the network then yes, it is possible in daphile. See settings general and the option too link to an external lms library.

Hello again, I am recently using Daphile with Youtube. Sound is very good as my ears, however, music just 128kbps. Anyway to have better sound? e.g 320kbps? Thank you.

Screenshot_20190604-201452_Chrome.jpg

5 hours ago, Viet said:

Hello again, I am recently using Daphile with Youtube. Sound is very good as my ears, however, music just 128kbps. Anyway to have better sound? e.g 320kbps? Thank you.

Screenshot_20190604-201452_Chrome.jpg

Uhm, check out paid services like Spotify, Qobuz and Tidal? All 3 play well with Daphile.

And a major plus with daphile streaming  is the ability to upsample. Tidal HiFi upsampled to dsd256 or dsd512 (depending on your cpu) is an interesting experience.

On 6/5/2019 at 1:30 AM, misterspense said:

Uhm, check out paid services like Spotify, Qobuz and Tidal? All 3 play well with Daphile.

I had both Spot. and Tidal, yet Qob. Ti.'s sound is better and more paid. But I prefer things like JazzGroove/Smooth, Yo.tube etc.

On 6/5/2019 at 1:53 AM, Triplefun said:

And a major plus with daphile streaming  is the ability to upsample. Tidal HiFi upsampled to dsd256 or dsd512 (depending on your cpu) is an interesting experience.

Many Tks. Still looking for affordable i7 hardware.