kipeta

Call for testers! Daphile

Hi All,

I might be mistaken but Daphile seems to not be able to play Apple Lossless files ripped from CD natively where I expect the bit rate to be 1422kbps.

It seems to play it at 705kbps variable bit rate (VBR)

In the "advanced settings" under file types, transcoding or decoding into either FLAC/PCM/WAV gives a different VBR but all less than 1422kbps.

What does this all mean and is there an optimum setting.

Thanks for any pointers.

Geoff

PH SR7 > MacMini+Uptone MMK Mod > Audirvana 3.2 > re-clocked D-LInk switch/LPS1.1 > sMS-200Ultra/LPS1.2 > tX-USBUltra/PH SR7 > Chord BluDave > Focal Utopia(Norne Silver) or Voxativ 9.87/ Stereo REL G1 Mk II

Is it possible with daphile as OS to bridge server and player as Austin pop thread intitled "a novel way to ..." describes for windows

/30376-a-novel-way-to-massively-improve-the-sq-of-computer-audio-streaming/#comments

Richard 

I can't find the explicit item you are referencing but if you mean separating the server and player using separate computers linked by the network then yes, it is possible in daphile. See settings general and the option too link to an external lms library.

Hello again, I am recently using Daphile with Youtube. Sound is very good as my ears, however, music just 128kbps. Anyway to have better sound? e.g 320kbps? Thank you.

Screenshot_20190604-201452_Chrome.jpg

5 hours ago, Viet said:

Hello again, I am recently using Daphile with Youtube. Sound is very good as my ears, however, music just 128kbps. Anyway to have better sound? e.g 320kbps? Thank you.

Screenshot_20190604-201452_Chrome.jpg

Uhm, check out paid services like Spotify, Qobuz and Tidal? All 3 play well with Daphile.

And a major plus with daphile streaming  is the ability to upsample. Tidal HiFi upsampled to dsd256 or dsd512 (depending on your cpu) is an interesting experience.

On 6/5/2019 at 1:30 AM, misterspense said:

Uhm, check out paid services like Spotify, Qobuz and Tidal? All 3 play well with Daphile.

I had both Spot. and Tidal, yet Qob. Ti.'s sound is better and more paid. But I prefer things like JazzGroove/Smooth, Yo.tube etc.

On 6/5/2019 at 1:53 AM, Triplefun said:

And a major plus with daphile streaming  is the ability to upsample. Tidal HiFi upsampled to dsd256 or dsd512 (depending on your cpu) is an interesting experience.

Many Tks. Still looking for affordable i7 hardware.

On 5/11/2019 at 10:35 AM, Ricardo007 said:

Is it possible with daphile as OS to bridge server and player as Austin pop thread intitled "a novel way to ..." describes for windows

/30376-a-novel-way-to-massively-improve-the-sq-of-computer-audio-streaming/#comments

Richard 

I wanted to try Daphile for the first time... but was not able to connect my Synology NAS or my uRendu. Like Richard, I wanted to connect the uRendu directly from the PC (Kaby lake, i7 8550u). PC has two ethernet ports, so thought this would work. It’s easy to do on Mac and Windows, but I’ve never used Linux (wouldn’t count the uRendu!). 

My NAS has an IP address that doesn’t seem to change, but that isn’t working with Daphile (following NFS guide). The uRendu does change its IP address between 192.168.1.7 and one similar I tried. But neither connected to Daphile. 

Any suggestions to help this fool out would be greatly appreciated 🙏

Hop all are safe and well, Luke

Synology NAS DS216SE -> Router -> Daphile on SD card on mini PC -> UltraRendu -> Burson Conductor V2+ -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Hifiman HE560

5 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Can daphile route Qobuz music through a convolution filter?

I do It with Tidal so I Guess yes

On 1/23/2016 at 5:44 AM, armergeddon said:

I am new to this stuff. How can I use BruteFir? I have installed the beta of daphile, but when I want to configure BruteFir it is looking for some files. I would use Brutefir for left-right balance.

Frank

On 1/9/2016 at 4:49 AM, HenSch said:

Hello,

I've already tried hard to find a hint how to activate the BruteFIR mode with Daphile with no result. On some screenshots I can see a small icon on the Audio Player screen in the lower right corner iconing some tone controls. That's not shown on my screen unfortunately. Has anybody an idea how to activate it?

I'm running newest beta of Daphile.

Thanks so much in advance,

Henning

I know this post is old and you guys have likely figured it out or moved on, but I'm going to post for others. I searched for this forever.

Anyway, getting convolution to work with Daphile using BruteFir requires a locally attached audio device. See screenshot for the exact place the config is selected. I really want to output audio to a Sonore Rendu, but pass all the audio through a convolution filter. Apparently this isn't possible using Daphile. 

Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 1.09.35 PM.png

Founder of Audiophile Style

Announcing Polestar | Quick Community Reviews and Ratings

Hi All.

Free b/c of Covid19:(

I now use Daphile with 2 laptop, connect by a switch, wifi disabled. However, connect to mysqueezebox account failed (while ok with single laptop). Pls help. Thank you.

{There was an error loading the remote feed for : (Couldn't resolve IP 
address for: www.mysqueezebox.com) }