IGNORED

Call for testers! Daphile

1 hour ago, Viet said:

@Triplefun thanks a lot for yr info.! With conversion of upto DSD256 only,  Intel celeron is OK?

Probably not. Use either a pentium g5600 (2 cores / 4 threads) or better still an i3 8100 (4 cores / 4 threads). The pentium works fine 44khz / 16 bit to dsd256 but struggles with the higher resolution files. Happy Christmas. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I use Daphile with my old laptop by usb boot, it runs fine with USB Amanero DAC, soud is good.

At the samtime, I install Logitech Media Server on my Surface, I can connect to above USB Amanero DAC as player,  music files can be played (meter on player counting) but no sound. Pls help. Thank you.

It came back to the previous issue: No change have been saved after restart Daphile, including change of static IP :(

Even when I move/copy a file from this drive to other drive (RW checked), i can check the file in new drive, but when restart Daphile: that file disappreared!

Hi,

I re-install Daphile on my old laptop, it works fine, goes straight to mysqueezebox account and I also install others (Quobuz, Spotty...)

However, when I set external Media server to connect to Logitec Media Server (with Squeezelight Player) on my Surface pro4 (server IP adress: setting>information>Logitec Media Server status). But it failed. Anyone can help? Many tks 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Viet said:

Hi, pls. let me know whether Daphile's improve sound quality and/or performance if:

1. add more RAM (mine currence of 1G is ok with dsd64 conversion)

2. Add usb isolator before DAC (e.g self-powered Urgreen usb hub)

Thank you.

I would suggest min 2gb. More is useful if you plan to explore option of playing from ram. I use a single ddr4 8gb stick.

Second question depends on the quality of the dac USB input. I use a singxer su-1 for i2s output to my DAC. I also upsample all media to dsd512.

12 hours ago, Viet said:

Seems very good improvement but not cheap with ~$150 

I might not have recommended it at that price. I just looked at my receipt and these were selling for $79 when I bought mine in April last year. I was looking to upgrade something in my chain and this was a relatively inexpensive option at the time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@Triplefun s'ry for late reply. Yes, I mean HD streaming. I am using old latop for dsd music and for streaming online radio via Logitech media server with Daphile. Sound is fine, and better with better computer.

With 5G, maybe no any computer needed and dsd512 signals direct from modem to DAC?!

4 hours ago, Viet said:

@Triplefun s'ry for late reply. Yes, I mean HD streaming. I am using old latop for dsd music and for streaming online radio via Logitech media server with Daphile. Sound is fine, and better with better computer.

With 5G, maybe no any computer needed and dsd512 signals direct from modem to DAC?!

There is limited dsd256 material yet alone dsd512. Also dsd over sampling is not everyone's choice with many now preferring the original sample with r2r nos dacs. I also believe the more data that needs to be downloaded the greater the scope for jitter. So internal oversampling will be around for the short to medium term. In particular, I like the way daphile is able to over sample tidal for an effective enhancement.