IGNORED

Call for testers! Daphile

4 minutes ago, skipspence said:

Or how can I start shh session from W10, don't need Putty or do I? 

Yes, you need Putty from Windows.

By default ssh is disabled in HQPe, to enable it you need to login from console and create a user of your choice with the command 

useradd new-user

then you need to set a password for that new-user with the command 

passwd new-user

then type the password, hit enter and retype the password and hit enter again.

From now on you’ll be able to start e remote terminal session (ssh) from any pc using Putty on Windows or terminal on macOS 

Stefano

My audio system

1 hour ago, stefano_mbp said:

Yes, definetly … but it should work … 

I should try to reinstall Daphile from scratch ….

One more question:

Do you have UPnP/DLNA Media Interface installed as 2-nd instance to UPnP/DLNA Bridge plugin? Don't they conflict with each other? 

Before I go and reinstall Daphile, I'll try to reinstall UPnP/DLNA Bridge. Guess it's broken... 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello

If the conditions are good, I'm thinking of switching from Euphony v3 to Daphile, as the structure and many good features really appeal to me! Do you think Daphile sounds at least as good as euphony v3 or even better?

In your opinion, which operating app is the best for configuring and controlling Daphile?

In your opinion, which of the three boot ISOs is the best in terms of sound?

If anyone could provide support to a newbie, I would be very happy!

Does Daphile play better with two separate SSDs than with one?

An Intel Optane 32GB m.2 for the OS

A second Samsung 980 Pro 2TB for the local music archive.

I look forward to hearing from you and thank you in advance for your efforts.

Best regards

Never used Euphony, so I am unable to compare.

Any browser should get the job done. Just make sure to use the Material Skin plugin.

64 bits with RT kernel sounds awesome here.

I stream content from an external server, not sure if I can tell a difference while using internal storage.

You should start booting from USB. Obviously, this will impose some limitations, test the setup accordingly and plan any further action after that.

On 9/21/2023 at 11:18 PM, sedest said:

Never used Euphony, so I am unable to compare.

Any browser should get the job done. Just make sure to use the Material Skin plugin.

64 bits with RT kernel sounds awesome here.

I stream content from an external server, not sure if I can tell a difference while using internal storage.

You should start booting from USB. Obviously, this will impose some limitations, test the setup accordingly and plan any further action after that.

Hi Sedest

Thanks for the information!

I'm going to buy a new SSD to install Daphile!

I will archive the SSD with Euphony!

I think I probably won't go back to euphony V3.

Best regards

On 9/22/2023 at 4:14 AM, fantasia said:

If the conditions are good, I'm thinking of switching from Euphony v3 to Daphile, as the structure and many good features really appeal to me! Do you think Daphile sounds at least as good as euphony v3 or even better?

I have compared Euphony v3, Daphile, and Volumio in mid 2021 :  Euphony v3 > Daphile > Volumio

Volumio user experience has improved a lot since it is now commercialized.  Sound wise still not there.

Daphile is LMS on Linux.  I prefer LMS on Windows even though there are extra steps required, especially with mapping NAS.  LMS sound quality with an optimized headless Windows 10 is better compared to Daphile. 

LMS uses web interface.  From another Windows machine, http://servername:9000 will find it. Unfortunately, due to limitations of tablets (both Android and IOS), you need to specify the IP address from tablet's browser to control LMS.  The alternative is Squeezer app for music control.  For PlugIns and Audio settings, browser is still required.  My recommendation is to set fixed/reserved IP address for your music server from router, then create a browser shortcut into tablet's home.

Music server builder

11 hours ago, Anwar said:

I have compared Euphony v3, Daphile, and Volumio in mid 2021 :  Euphony v3 > Daphile > Volumio

Volumio user experience has improved a lot since it is now commercialized.  Sound wise still not there.

Daphile is LMS on Linux.  I prefer LMS on Windows even though there are extra steps required, especially with mapping NAS.  LMS sound quality with an optimized headless Windows 10 is better compared to Daphile. 

LMS uses web interface.  From another Windows machine, http://servername:9000 will find it. Unfortunately, due to limitations of tablets (both Android and IOS), you need to specify the IP address from tablet's browser to control LMS.  The alternative is Squeezer app for music control.  For PlugIns and Audio settings, browser is still required.  My recommendation is to set fixed/reserved IP address for your music server from router, then create a browser shortcut into tablet's home.

Hello Anwar

Thank you very much for your message, which was very valuable to me!

So I'm sure that I'll go the route with Daphile in the future.

Unfortunately, since I don't have the necessary Windows knowledge to create a stock Windows 10 for audio, this is probably the best option!

If I worked at Microsoft, I would have pushed for such a Windows for audio lovers long ago!

Now until that happens, it's probably Windows 11 for audio As we all know, hope dies last.

I will operate and control it with an Android tablet and browser as you suggested!

A fixed IP address is almost a must for an audio PC in order to avoid connection problems in the first place!

Fortunately, the router supports this feature.

With kind regards

12 hours ago, Anwar said:

Unfortunately, due to limitations of tablets (both Android and IOS), you need to specify the IP address from tablet's browser to control LMS

It depends on you network and primarily on the router that probably doesn’t have a good working dns.

Here, on iPad, I can connect without issues using:

• daphile.local
  • daphile.local:9000/material 
  • eunhasu.local:9000 (lms running on sotm sms200)
  • hqplayer.local:8088

Stefano

My audio system