IGNORED

Call for testers! Daphile

Hi all

USB booting 3.1 (speed reading/writing 200/150) in use! Loading faster (of course), sound is better a little bit IMO.

With online radio, in evening, some stations of about less than 320kbps are staggering while station of more than 900kbps no shattering, may be due to network traffic of a specific station?

Other thing is that IMO, Daphile is better than Jriver27 (paid) in term of usability. Sound quality is the same.

Thanks for reading.

Hi, I recently noiced Daphile switches to next track in playlist every 4.32~ minutes if resampling to higher PCM rates, in my case 44,1x8 or x16. Seems only to play the track right to the end if it's shorter than 4 minutes, and if last track in playlist is longer than 4.xx minutes it simply stops playing. Streaming locally or internet (Tidal) looks like the same...

I always resample on server side and not in player, using 2 PC setup. Before I used only PCM>DSD128 (256) conversion always with success and never knew about this seemingly a PCM-only resampling behaviour issue. Tried to change some settings including buffers etc, but nothing works. The workload on my Intel i5 CPU is also only 10% doing PCM>PCM up, so looks like nothing to do with cpu overload here...

I'll be very grateful, If someone could help to insight and share possible solution maybe having experienced the same issue like mine here,

and always cheers to all!

• 2 weeks later...

For Trackstat, I found the solution, just select the  very last selector "use unsupported extension", Trackstat was moving in that list (seen in LMS dedicated forum) because the creator stop developping it for personnal reasons, but as it was fully working (in my side), it seems OK to use it still ^^.

I'm using it to rate my tracks, a new plugin can do it recently "Rating lights". But I didn't found the way to show evaluated tracks to play selected rating, neither how to import a Trackstat saved file, neither import the Mediamonkey evaluation I made years ago.

Such a shame that there is no cleaner solution to rate .flac and generate open (I mean an open standard format) data base , as evaluation is not a standard line in .flac metadata, unlike ID3 :(

• 3 months later...

Hi All,

Long term user of Daphile here but only just found this forum so hoping for some help on my one and only issue with it.

Due to a lightening strike taking out my daphile server I have just got a new mini pc and running it headless with the latest Daphile Beta 21.04-b101500-x86_64-rt.

My music is on a NFS share on my NAS.

All is working fine.

But I would like to have my playlists on another shared folder on the NAS as well.

I can't find anywhere in the settings to change this location, although it is in the basic config of the off the shelf LMS.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can achive this?

Is there any chance of having this added as an option in the Settings>Storage>Network Drives section of the GUI?

It's the one thing that's putting me off right now as I use other players at times and it would be good to have everything looking at the same playlists so I can manage them all in one place.

Many thanks in advance for any help/ideas.

5 minutes ago, Labdoc said:

It is under Network Drives. Same place as Music Library on a NAS. 

I have a similar setup to you. Playlist on NAS at subdirectory of the Music Library, e.g.

cifs://admin@<NAS-IP>/NAS-Directory/NAS-Music-Library/Playlists

Sorry, are you saying that all I need to do is create another link to a network folder under Storage>NetworkDrives and it will automatically use it for playlists?

The only options I have for useage is Music, Backup or Disable. I have obviously set the <usic directory to Useage=Music. What would I set the /Playlists directory to?

I'm going to feel a bit daft if it is really that simple ;)

2 minutes ago, Labdoc said:

My apologies - I have a Network "Playlist" folder as described. I thought Daphile was able to access this for Playlists, but I was wrong.

Let's see if other users have a solution to your question.

That's a shame. Had my hopes up there for a while 😁

Figured out how I made it work in the past. I just tried it and it works.

1. Create the NAS Playlist directory 

2. In the Material Skin interface (a fabulous plugin if you do not know it), go to Settings > Server > Playlists Folder.

3. Replace the default (which points to the headless server playlists folder) with "/srv/mediaserver/music/Network Drives/Playlist-NAS" where Playlists-NAS is the "Identification" of the Playlist folder on the NAS which you entered into Daphile under the Network Storage entry. It is not the actual name of the folder on the NAS. In my earlier example, the actual folder is "cifs://admin@<NAS-IP>/NAS-Directory/NAS-Music-Library/Playlists" and the Identification entered on the same screen when setting up this share in Daphile is "Playlists_RNAS" since I am using a Netgear Readynas.

21 minutes ago, Labdoc said:

Figured out how I made it work in the past. I just tried it and it works.

1. Create the NAS Playlist directory 

2. In the Material Skin interface (a fabulous plugin if you do not know it), go to Settings > Server > Playlists Folder.

3. Replace the default (which points to the headless server playlists folder) with "/srv/mediaserver/music/Network Drives/Playlist-NAS" where Playlists-NAS is the "Identification" of the Playlist folder on the NAS which you entered into Daphile under the Network Storage entry. It is not the actual name of the folder on the NAS. In my earlier example, the actual folder is "cifs://admin@<NAS-IP>/NAS-Directory/NAS-Music-Library/Playlists" and the Identification entered on the same screen when setting up this share in Daphile is "Playlists_RNAS" since I am using a Netgear Readynas.

Sorry again, I have enabled the Material Skin Plugin. I haven't changed any of it's defaults but it doesn't apear to have changed anything in my GUI? I don't see a Settings>Server option.

Just to be clear we are talking about Daphile here?

Thanks for your help BTW :)

Did you click Save in Material Skin? - it is easy to miss at the bottom of the page

Yes, it is Daphile. I use the Material Skin interface (http://<DaphileServer-IP>:9000/MATERIAL/) and the Daphile interface (http://<DaphileServer-IP>/cgi-bin/AudioPlayer) interchangeably. 

4 minutes ago, Labdoc said:

Did you click Save in Material Skin? - it is easy to miss at the bottom of the page

Yes, it is Daphile. I use the Material Skin interface (http://<DaphileServer-IP>:9000/MATERIAL/) and the Daphile interface (http://<DaphileServer-IP>/cgi-bin/AudioPlayer) interchangeably. 

Aha, I wasn't going to port :9000/MATERIAL.

I have it up now, changed the folder location just got to test but all looking good so far.

Thank you so much for your help. It has been annoying me for some time 😆

Just a quicky. Do you know if changes made in the Material interface are all persistent and will survive reboots etc.?

Anyone have a SB Radio connected to their Daphile?

I have just picked one up for the office and I am getting an error sugesting it needs a firmware upgrade in Advanced>Information>Player Information.

The LMS forum has a comunity firmware available Here.

Is this a safe way to load the firmware through Daphile or is there a manual way to upgrade the firmware on the radio itself?

Any pointers apreciated.

22 hours ago, cliver said:

Anyone have a SB Radio connected to their Daphile?

I have just picked one up for the office and I am getting an error sugesting it needs a firmware upgrade in Advanced>Information>Player Information.

The LMS forum has a comunity firmware available Here.

Is this a safe way to load the firmware through Daphile or is there a manual way to upgrade the firmware on the radio itself?

Any pointers apreciated.

I did a factory reset and it now seems to find my library and play from it OK.  still get the error listed in player information (see screenshot)

SBRadio.thumb.png.0a7cbafa65d5b15aff74806df07acf3e.png

The get more info links to a blank page. As it is working I'm not that worried but it would be good to get rid of the error if possible.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
22 minutes ago, FRANCY2007 said:

Greetings all,
i'm asking for help with a question. What does it mean for Daphile to select "Enable Kernel Mode Setting (KMS) driver" in Settings>General?
Best regards.

Vincent

This is an excerpt of an old change log:

New release on July 21st 2014

CHANGES:
- DRM/KMS graphics drivers are now disabled by default. The enabling must be confirmed after "Save & Restart" in order to verify that system operates properly. It's recommended that you enable them only if you need them for HDMI audio or they solve some other problem.

… it seems it is only needed for hdmi audio, but I have never configured it …

Stefano

My audio system

• 2 months later...

@stefano_mbp,

back here!

Stefano, do you have experiences in dual mode setup? Is there a sonic advantage? Right now I use an Intel NUC 12 where I have installed Daphile plus 2 Tera flac-files (driven by a very very good power-supply). From there I go to my switch (EtherREGEN) also driven by an excellent power-supply and from there to Aqua LinQ (I will get its new squeezelite module in a few days). This is my present setup.

What I could do is to install LMS server on my second Intel NUC 11 where windows is running. Would this deliver any benefit?

Martin