IGNORED

HQPlayer's Network Audio Adapter

The binary built on Ubuntu Trusty will likely work also on Gentoo and ArchLinux OpenRC, you just need to convert the package. Init script may need some adjustments. The Debian Stretch package will likely work on distributions based on systemd and likely doesn't need modifications to the service file.

I don't have plans to support any other distributions than Ubuntu/Debian and Gentoo the least due to how packages are handled there. Ubuntu is supported because it is likely the most popular distro (and has LTS versions) and Debian because it has widest support for ARM based hardware.

My friend confirmed that NAA Trusty version works on Gentoo:

IMG_0816.JPG

You need to download and install the necessary Microsoft runtime. It is referenced on my web page right below the NAA download link.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

Thanks Miska. No error when installing NAA.

I now now have another newbe / stupid question.

Is this all that's required ? My PC is now a NAA, and all I have to do is connect the USB cable to my DAC?

Then the NAA option in HQPlayer will pick this PC as a NAA, as it did with the MicroRendu ?

(HQPlayer is on a different PC, as the purpose of this excercise is look for a possible error in the MicroRendu SW)

Then the NAA option in HQPlayer will pick this PC as a NAA, as it did with the MicroRendu ?

(HQPlayer is on a different PC, as the purpose of this excercise is look for a possible error in the MicroRendu SW)

It is good idea to edit the provided .bat to have a suitable name for NAA and use it to launch networkaudiod. This way you and HQPlayer know to talk to a right device and you can also more easily switch between PC and microRendu.

Also check that firewall software on your NAA PC is not blocking incoming network traffic...

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

Just a little bump to see if anyone has gotten NAA to work in Server R2 core mode? I ended up having to add 13 different DLL files back into the System32 folder but then I get an error related to vcruntime130.dll. This DLL is present in the System32 folder but there is some sort of execution error. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Has anyone been able to get NAA working on Server R2 in core mode? I tried it last night and got an error about missing avrt.dll in Windows/System32 folder. I copied that DLL back into the System32 folder after switching to Core mode but then got an error about missing another file. Does anyone know what files I need to copy back into System32 folder for NAA to work in Core mode?

Btw, using NAA in minimal server mode with Audiophile Optimizer is glorious!!!

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

For anyone else trying to get NAA working on Server R2 in Core mode check the thread below. Thanks to clipper, I was able to do this.

Miska, it seems an update to the C runtime is required as well as replacing avrt.dll.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f28-highend-audiopc-sponsored/anyone-able-get-naa-working-core-mode-29677/#post577501

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Miska, it seems an update to the C runtime is required as well as replacing avrt.dll.

I don't know, the runtime installation package is linked to from my web page.

But Windows Server versions are not supported and not recommended. Those are optimized for data throughput at the cost of latency reliability and other things important for multimedia/desktop use cases.

I recently swapped my raspberry pi NAA with a macmini NAA. Huge difference in sound quality. I am not very technical but I think it might have something to do with the better USB implementation of the mac mini.

Now the options for NAA are large, from raspeberry pi to microrendu. From cheap to expensive.

I wonder what would be the best device and on what elements would you concentrate: power suply? USB Implementation? Galvanic Isolation? CPU? OS?

In other words: what would be the ideal NAA device.

I recently swapped my raspberry pi NAA with a macmini NAA. Huge difference in sound quality. I am not very technical but I think it might have something to do with the better USB implementation of the mac mini.

Now the options for NAA are large, from raspeberry pi to microrendu. From cheap to expensive.

I wonder what would be the best device and on what elements would you concentrate: power suply? USB Implementation? Galvanic Isolation? CPU? OS?

In other words: what would be the ideal NAA device.

Great question! I just compared running NAA on pi3 versus a small PC running an i3-5015u processor, Server R2, Audiophile Optimizer, and Fidelizer. I think everything you listed is important and plays some role in the sound quality. In my experience, power and USB implementation has the biggest impact to my ears and in my system.

Other components:

what would be the ideal NAA device.

For me, the Sonore microRendu checks off most boxes given that it was specifically built with all (most) of these considerations in mind.

For instance, there are number of ways to power the device. It runs Linux which is usually a fairly lean OS (and free). It has basically an Uptone Regen unit built-in to address USB issues.

Plus, it is preloaded with the software so pretty much plug & play.

It is good idea to edit the provided .bat to have a suitable name for NAA and use it to launch networkaudiod. This way you and HQPlayer know to talk to a right device and you can also more easily switch between PC and microRendu.

Also check that firewall software on your NAA PC is not blocking incoming network traffic...

I think I need some more help here. The NAA should show up as a CMD window, right ?

Should I use KS mode ?

I still should find my hiFace Evo as a selection in HQPlayer settings as before with the MicroRendu ?

In order to at least get somthing out from USB, I tried Foobar that did worked years ago in W7.

Now I get this error:

"Unrecoverable playback error: KS output error: unable to find filter corresponding to selected device"

I find a USB/SPDIF under devices, and I can see in the device manager that the SW/driver is installed for the EVO.

Any suggestion how to proceed in order to make a PC a NAA ?

I think I need some more help here. The NAA should show up as a CMD window, right ?

Should I use KS mode ?

I still should find my hiFace Evo as a selection in HQPlayer settings as before with the MicroRendu ?

Windows NAA supports only ASIO drivers and nothing else. Since I think there is no ASIO driver for hiFace Evo, you need to use ASIO emulation with ASIO4ALL. Although it is not a real ASIO driver, it can get you going.

In order to at least get somthing out from USB, I tried Foobar that did worked years ago in W7.

Now I get this error:

"Unrecoverable playback error: KS output error: unable to find filter corresponding to selected device"

KS was never officially supported by Microsoft and it has been always subject to go away. WASAPI Exclusive mode is proper replacement.

I still cannot get my NAA to work reliably.

Can you please elaborate on whats happening?

Other components:

Windows NAA supports only ASIO drivers and nothing else. Since I think there is no ASIO driver for hiFace Evo, you need to use ASIO emulation with ASIO4ALL. Although it is not a real ASIO driver, it can get you going.

I was able to have Foobar and KS mode working. Anyway are you saying I should select NAA or ASIO in HQPlayer ?

I'm still not sure what to do with the NAA-PC in order for the HQPlayer-PC to be able to see it.

It seems that I have some sort of connection in WASAPI, as there I have two selections available in HQPlayer. ASIO and NAA does not give any choises

Also I do not have a ASIO4ALL control panel. Should I ?

EDIT: Reinstalled with options. Now control panel is available

Stilll status for HQPlayer is the same.

I was able to have Foobar and KS mode working. Anyway are you saying I should select NAA or ASIO in HQPlayer ?

I'm still not sure what to do with the NAA-PC in order for the HQPlayer-PC to be able to see it.

It seems that I have some sort of connection in WASAPI, as there I have two selections available in HQPlayer. ASIO and NAA does not give any choises

Also I do not have a ASIO4ALL control panel. Should I ?

EDIT: Reinstalled with options. Now control panel is available

Stilll status for HQPlayer is the same.

You dont need to do anything with the NAA PC other than connect to the same network HQPlayer PC is on and also install the DAC driver on it. Once you do that, in HQP you should see NAA as an option in Backend and in Device drop down you should see NAA:"name of your DAC driver"

If you dont see the NAA option then make sure any firewall is turned off and that you can ping that NAA PC from another PC on the same network.

Other components:

You dont need to do anything with the NAA PC other than connect to the same network HQPlayer PC is on and also install the DAC driver on it. Once you do that, in HQP you should see NAA as an option in Backend and in Device drop down you should see NAA:"name of your DAC driver"

If you dont see the NAA option then make sure any firewall is turned off and that you can ping that NAA PC from another PC on the same network.

OK. Well turn both fire off, did not help. Yes, I can ping. And remember this worked with MicroRendu. In the "CMD window" I can see a new line every time I choose NAA in HQP, so someting is happening.

Asio4All has my hiFace in the WDM list.

Will the logfile for HQP help ? Any other suggestion ?

I use the latest beta HQP. Both PC W10.