IGNORED

HQPlayer's Network Audio Adapter

Hi Miska - iFi micro-iDSD. I don't think this is the problem. My guess is the remaining noise is ground noise. Today I received the network isolator and put it into the downstairs system, not using the NAA, and my wife immediately said "I don't know what you did, but it sounds really good." (And it does. :) )

Sorry if you've said this, but I can't see it in the thread: what sort of network isolator, and where in the system?

Sorry if you've said this, but I can't see it in the thread: what sort of network isolator, and where in the system?

Hi Craig. This is *not* (so far) with the NAA in the system. It's a Baaske Medical network isolator, and the configuration is:

eero router -> Blue Jeans cat6a -> Baaske isolator -> Blue Jeans cat6a -> MacBook Pro Ethernet input

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Hey guys...need some help. For some reason HQP will not play music through my NAA anymore. It worked fine last night but now when I try to play music I see the "Please wait" box flash on and off constantly in HQP. I checked settings and the NAA is recognized. I havent changed anything or upgraded any software recently. When I connect the pc running HQP directly to the DAC via usb it works fine.

When i check the networkaudiod window on my win10 machine I see the error "start failure: clASIOMiniEngine::StartAudioClient(): ASIOCreateBuffers()"

I re-installed by DAC USB driver and I am now getting music again but there is occasional static and dropouts. I've checked my wireless router and wireless bridge. Everything seems to be working ok. I think it must be something with Win10 on my NAA machine which right now is an old Atom d525 while I wait for my i3-5005u to arrive. The weird thing is everything was working perfectly for weeks prior to yesterday morning. Any ideas on what I may be the cause?

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

The weird thing is everything was working perfectly for weeks prior to yesterday morning. Any ideas on what I may be the cause?

Win10 updates? Usually Win10 silently looks for and installs updates in the background, and does lot of other activity too. Some updates may change some behaviors too. Microsoft recently published second big update for Win10 called Anniversary Update.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

On the subject of Windows 10, check out this warning on the latest big update by Gordon Rankin:

Computer Audio Asylum

It sounds ominous, but he also says in the thread there may be a fix floating around out there. Whether the fix works or not has not been confirmed, though...

More information from anyone on this USB issue would be appreciated. I selected the scheduled update option as far out as I could, but now it is only in three days, ha.

My system here

Win10 is not making me very happy at all. I'm going to go back to Server Essentials for the NAA.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Can't win for losing, it seems. I've got the BBXM hooked up to Ethernet with the Baaske isolator inline, and powered from the battery. I can no longer hear noise so far as I can tell, but I say "so far as I can tell" because networkaudiod now does this in a few seconds after I start the music:

● networkaudiod.service - Network Audio Adapter daemon

Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/networkaudiod.service; enabled; vendor pr

eset: enabled)

Active: active (running) since Wed 2016-08-17 11:45:01 EDT; 5min a

go

Main PID: 4646 (networkaudiod)

CGroup: /system.slice/networkaudiod.service

└─4646 /usr/sbin/networkaudiod

Aug 17 11:49:21 arm networkaudiod[4646]: [/usr/sbin/networkaudiod] (4646): ALSA

period sizes: 23 - 65536

period time: 100000

period size: 17640

engine started at: 5644800 (5644800)

Aug 17 11:49:21 arm networkaudiod[4646]: [/usr/sbin/networkaudiod] (4646): enter

streaming mode

engine running...

engine stop request...

Aug 17 11:49:31 arm networkaudiod[4646]: [/usr/sbin/networkaudiod] (4646): push to queue timed out!

Aug 17 11:49:31 arm networkaudiod[4646]: [/usr/sbin/networkaudiod] (4646): begin disconnection

Aug 17 11:49:31 arm networkaudiod[4646]: [/usr/sbin/networkaudiod] (4646): ALSA

I've tried with DSD256 and here with DSD128 - exactly the same result.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Is anyone else using NAA on Win10? For some reason NAA is no longer working for me even though it was working fine for about 2 weeks. From the NAA window, I see that I keep getting some sort of ASIO error. I tried re-installing my DAC driver but it doesnt help.

Other components:

Tboooe, Do you think your problem could be related to my above posts regarding Windows 10 Anniversary edition? There is a way to reverse the update per my second post.

On a related note, I checked the "defer updates" checkbox in the Update Advanced Options and so far the alleged Anniversary USB bugfest hasn't been unleashed on my PC.

My system here

Tboooe, Do you think your problem could be related to my above posts regarding Windows 10 Anniversary edition? There is a way to reverse the update per my second post.

On a related note, I checked the "defer updates" checkbox in the Update Advanced Options and so far the alleged Anniversary USB bugfest hasn't been unleashed on my PC.

Thank you so much for the reply. I actually did you use your post and checked to see if any updates were installed. My Pc showed no updates any my only option was to revert back to Win7 (which I am temped to do!).

Other components:

It would be good to also check the HQPlayer side log for any hints what is going wrong.

And then check that playback in general is starting up fine, by trying playback with aplay.

Life is good now. For some reason when HQPlayer starts, the BBxM loses its connection with the iFi. All that is necessary is to unplug and replug something to get the BBxM to "see" the DAC with HQPlayer running. (In my system the easiest thing to do is unplug and replug power to the Regen between BBxM and iFi.) As I set up VNC to control HQPlayer on the desktop upstairs while listening to the main system downstairs, this is now easy and does not involve running up and down steps. :)

With the BBxM running from a battery and the Baaske isolator on the Ethernet connection between router and BBxM, there's now no noise, and the sound is very nice. (There was noise without the isolator, even running the BBxM from battery. Don't know why, but there was.) Can run at DSD256 even with the fairly old desktop machine, with only a very occasional hiccup that I can tolerate. Buffer's 100ms - for some reason both default and 250ms perform worse.

Heh, OK I'm impulsive. Enjoying some quiet music at home, but figured Gigabit Ethernet could potentially help with the few blips I'm experiencing. And really, these mini-computers are so darn cute.

Good enough for Sonore, good enough for me. Ordered a CuboxTV (quad core) on sale for less than the dual core. But I won't have time to play with it before Labor Day.

Is anyone else using NAA on Win10? For some reason NAA is no longer working for me even though it was working fine for about 2 weeks. From the NAA window, I see that I keep getting some sort of ASIO error. I tried re-installing my DAC driver but it doesnt help.

Not sure what I did but NAA on Win10 machine works again. I first installed ASIO4All and it played fine though it does not support some features of my DAC like DSD. I then switched back to my DAC ASIO driver in HQPlayer and now everything works again. I don't know why but I'm just happy NAA is working again. I just hopes it doesn't break again.

Other components:

Jud, I'm impulsive too! I am going to have to compare the cuboxtv against my i3-5005u pc tweaked with Audiophile Optimizer and Fidelizer. Btw, I purchased the i3 pc from taobao.com for $140 shipped. I already had ddr3l memory and an SSD so the total cost is similar to the cuboxtv.

Heh, OK I'm impulsive. Enjoying some quiet music at home, but figured Gigabit Ethernet could potentially help with the few blips I'm experiencing. And really, these mini-computers are so darn cute.

Good enough for Sonore, good enough for me. Ordered a CuboxTV (quad core) on sale for less than the dual core. But I won't have time to play with it before Labor Day.

Other components:

Jud, I'm impulsive too! I am going to have to compare the cuboxtv against my i3-5005u pc tweaked with Audiophile Optimizer and Fidelizer. Btw, I purchased the i3 pc from taobao.com for $140 shipped. I already had ddr3l memory and an SSD so the total cost is similar to the cuboxtv.

Tbooe

So you did end up buying something from Taobao. Did you manage to find any i7 quad core pc's in a fanless case for a good price?

If so, please point me towards a link.

Thanks

Mine was $97 shipped at Jet.com after applying the 15% first time buyer's discount.

is there a chance that you are going to make a NetworkAudioDaemon for Gentoo? Anu plans?!

The binary built on Ubuntu Trusty will likely work also on Gentoo and ArchLinux OpenRC, you just need to convert the package. Init script may need some adjustments. The Debian Stretch package will likely work on distributions based on systemd and likely doesn't need modifications to the service file.

I don't have plans to support any other distributions than Ubuntu/Debian and Gentoo the least due to how packages are handled there. Ubuntu is supported because it is likely the most popular distro (and has LTS versions) and Debian because it has widest support for ARM based hardware.

The binary built on Ubuntu Trusty will likely work also on Gentoo and ArchLinux OpenRC, you just need to convert the package. Init script may need some adjustments. The Debian Stretch package will likely work on distributions based on systemd and likely doesn't need modifications to the service file.

I don't have plans to support any other distributions than Ubuntu/Debian and Gentoo the least due to how packages are handled there. Ubuntu is supported because it is likely the most popular distro (and has LTS versions) and Debian because it has widest support for ARM based hardware.

Some people is claiming there is a big improovement in 3.4 version in respect of 3.3 could you tell us what is changed from a technical point of view and what do you thing is most causing the improovement? Please forgive my curiosity, but as a developer I always look forward on how to improve software and try to learn something, when possible.

Thanks, Marco.

________________________________________________________________________________
Writer of  the R2 patch to Squeezelite and C-3PO.plugin.  note liberehttps://github.com/marcoc1712
Logitech media Server 7.9 > miniPc + squeezelite-R2 / SB+ > "Lu Criaturu" NOS R2R DAC / AudioResearch DAC 1-20 > 
Klimo Merlino Gold TPS > DIS Interconnect > Kent Gold > Reference > Monitor Audio Studio 20 SE

Some people is claiming there is a big improovement in 3.4 version in respect of 3.3 could you tell us what is changed from a technical point of view and what do you thing is most causing the improovement? Please forgive my curiosity, but as a developer I always look forward on how to improve software and try to learn something, when possible.

I don't remember 3.3 specifically, but the only recent notable changes are support for IPv6 and improved NAA discovery. Both require HQPlayer >= 3.14.

many tanks.

________________________________________________________________________________
Writer of  the R2 patch to Squeezelite and C-3PO.plugin.  note liberehttps://github.com/marcoc1712
Logitech media Server 7.9 > miniPc + squeezelite-R2 / SB+ > "Lu Criaturu" NOS R2R DAC / AudioResearch DAC 1-20 > 
Klimo Merlino Gold TPS > DIS Interconnect > Kent Gold > Reference > Monitor Audio Studio 20 SE

Has anyone been able to get NAA working on Server R2 in core mode? I tried it last night and got an error about missing avrt.dll in Windows/System32 folder. I copied that DLL back into the System32 folder after switching to Core mode but then got an error about missing another file. Does anyone know what files I need to copy back into System32 folder for NAA to work in Core mode?

Btw, using NAA in minimal server mode with Audiophile Optimizer is glorious!!!

Other components: