IGNORED

HQPlayer's Network Audio Adapter

And this is precisely why so many people use Roon with HQP. I hated spending all that money Roon but HQP sounds so good that it was worth it to have a much nice user interface.
Is there an easy way to learn how to integrate both together? I feel I am starting from far compared to you guys! Until a few days ago I had not realized we could use two separate software together one for the Audio and one from the library management. My life has been contained to Audirvana+ on a Mac and JRiver on a PC. Nothing wrong with them per say, but testing the HQPlayer on both my Mac and PC is making me question my current setup.

From the HQPlayer manual I could not easily find how to integrate with the likes of a Roon...or others. I guess I can scan every post on it in CA forums !

Mac Mini with Teradak supply running Audirvana+. Also have several PC based system running JRiver

Super easy. Install Roon. Select HQP as the output device in Roon settings. Sit back and enjoy!

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Super easy. Install Roon. Select HQP as the output device in Roon settings. Sit back and enjoy!

Thanks. Will try it tonight. The Roon install program keeps crashing on my Windows 8.1 PC (likely because I have not done any updates for several years!) so I will install Roon on my Mac mini first where I also have HQPlayer and that PC has latest software versions...

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

Mac Mini with Teradak supply running Audirvana+. Also have several PC based system running JRiver

If there's just one line, then HQPlayer is not hearing the NAA's response...

Just want to make sure - you have only one network connection on both machines and both are connected to your normal home network?

2 lines.

Only one network connection. The othe network option is disabled.

My local network. Which is my home network.

I'm having this discussion in several treads now. It must be quite confusing for all, or at least Miska and John Swenson / Jesus to keep track on all my post about the same issue in different treads.

I have a Beaglebone Black Rev. C which is running Arch Linux. Can you please guide me how to install NAA to it. Many thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not Miska, but you may want to try simply installing NAA on the current OS and seeing if it works. If not, I think your next option would be to install a newish Debian, then NAA on that. See Beagleboard:BeagleBoneBlack Debian - eLinux.org

Edit: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/hqplayer-network-audio-daemon/

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Not Miska, but you may want to try simply installing NAA on the current OS and seeing if it works. If not, I think your next option would be to install a newish Debian, then NAA on that. See Beagleboard:BeagleBoneBlack Debian - eLinux.org

Edit: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/hqplayer-network-audio-daemon/

Thanks, Jud. I managed to install package https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/naa/linux/stretch/networkaudiod_3.4.0-32_armhf.deb to the current OS on my Beaglebone Black.

Then I cannot start /usr/bin/networkaudiod because it requires glibc 3.4.21, but the newest glibc I can install by pacman is glibc-2.24-2-armv7h.

Is there any chance I can get glibc 3.4.21 or newer on arch linux armv7h?

Thanks, Jud. I managed to install package https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/naa/linux/stretch/networkaudiod_3.4.0-32_armhf.deb to the current OS on my Beaglebone Black.

Then I cannot start /usr/bin/networkaudiod because it requires glibc 3.4.21, but the newest glibc I can install by pacman is glibc-2.24-2-armv7h.

Is there any chance I can get glibc 3.4.21 or newer on arch linux armv7h?

Remove the NAA package you installed and see whether the pacman package I linked to will install and work. If not, you will need to remove the current OS (if you think you'd like to go back to it, back it up) and install a newer Debian that has the proper glibc version, which will be available at the first link I gave.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Remove the NAA package you installed and see whether the pacman package I linked to will install and work. If not, you will need to remove the current OS (if you think you'd like to go back to it, back it up) and install a newer Debian that has the proper glibc version, which will be available at the first link I gave.

I did also with the pacman package you provided. Actually it does nothing except inflating deb package and repack with a PKGBUILD file https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/tree/PKGBUILD?h=hqplayer-network-audio-daemon

I think next step I will try Miska's image built for Beaglebone Black https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/naa/images/naa-340-beaglebone.zip

I did also with the pacman package you provided. Actually it does nothing except inflating deb package and repack with a PKGBUILD file https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/tree/PKGBUILD?h=hqplayer-network-audio-daemon

I think next step I will try Miska's image built for Beaglebone Black https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/naa/images/naa-340-beaglebone.zip

Ah - I think when I last looked, either the image hadn't been updated recently or it wasn't what I wanted for my BeagleBoard-xM. Or possibly I'm wrong about that. :)

Anyway, please let us know how it goes.

Ah - I think when I last looked, either the image hadn't been updated recently or it wasn't what I wanted for my BeagleBoard-xM. Or possibly I'm wrong about that. :)

Anyway, please let us know how it goes.

Just let you know this image worked on my Beaglebone Black https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/naa/images/naa-340-beaglebone.zip. But it is very annoying.

After image booted I can get HQPlayer desktop find the NAA Beaglebone Black, play music to it. However if I stop playing music then start playing music again then HQPlayer desktop can not find NAA BBB any more. I have to restart NAA BBB in order to play another music. The cycle lost-connection -> have-to-restart-NAA-BBB happens again and again each time I stop HQPlayer :(

Just let you know this image worked on my Beaglebone Black https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/naa/images/naa-340-beaglebone.zip. But it is very annoying.

After image booted I can get HQPlayer desktop find the NAA Beaglebone Black, play music to it. However if I stop playing music then start playing music again then HQPlayer desktop can not find NAA BBB any more. I have to restart NAA BBB in order to play another music. The cycle lost-connection -> have-to-restart-NAA-BBB happens again and again each time I stop HQPlayer :(

I had the same problem with my BeagleBoard, so I bought a Cubox and everything works.

I had the same problem with my BeagleBoard, so I bought a Cubox and everything works.

Installed NAA on ubuntu server 16.04 LTS on my ECS Liva mini PC, then HQPlayer connects to NAA permanently. No need the restart cycle :)

I did not try installing NAA on latest Stretch image on Beaglebone Black.

Installed NAA on ubuntu server 16.04 LTS on my ECS Liva mini PC, then HQPlayer connects to NAA permanently. No need the restart cycle :)

I did not try installing NAA on latest Stretch image on Beaglebone Black.

I had the latest Stretch image on my BeagleBoard-xM and it had the problem, so I guess there is something about the Beagles that triggers it. You did better for yourself using the Liva.

@Miska: Could you please compile a NAA deb package for armv7h but using glibc 2.24.x. Your current armv7h deb requires very high glibc version.

I don't have such environment. Another problem is that usually systems with older version of glibc also have too old version of kernel or alsa-lib and as a result networkaudiod doesn't build/work...

Currently ARM builds are for Debian Stretch (testing). Jessie is too ancient.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

I don't have such environment. Another problem is that usually systems with older version of glibc also have too old version of kernel or alsa-lib and as a result networkaudiod doesn't build/work...

Currently ARM builds are for Debian Stretch (testing). Jessie is too ancient.

Thanks. But you can have such environment on a microSD card quickly. Jessie is good enough for a NAA device. Pls give a try :)

Thanks. But you can have such environment on a microSD card quickly.

Yes, of course, Debian provides official images for number of platforms. I would say it is easier and all ways better than with Jessie.

Jessie is good enough for a NAA device. Pls give a try :)

No it is not, it has too old kernel and alsa-lib. Both require patching to make those NAA compatible. For some time, I provided patched packages, but it is easier for everybody when the absolutely required things are available straight from Debian.

Yes, of course, Debian provides official images for number of platforms. I would say it is easier and all ways better than with Jessie.

No it is not, it has too old kernel and alsa-lib. Both require patching to make those NAA compatible. For some time, I provided patched packages, but it is easier for everybody when the absolutely required things are available straight from Debian.

My experiences of NAA were not good with my Beaglebone Black, in terms of both your premade image or your guide to install Debian Stretch then NAA.

I very much prefer having NAA run on Rune Audio on my Beaglebone Black, since Rune on my BBB sounds so good with MPD and RoonBridge. But I failed to install NAA on Rune as NAA required glibc 3.4....

My experiences of NAA were not good with my Beaglebone Black, in terms of both your premade image or your guide to install Debian Stretch then NAA.

Why? In what sense not good?

I very much prefer having NAA run on Rune Audio on my Beaglebone Black, since Rune on my BBB sounds so good with MPD and RoonBridge. But I failed to install NAA on Rune as NAA required glibc 3.4....

How is it different, apart from having more software running and older versions of the components?

@Miska: this post reported my experience with pre-built NAA image for BBB. Thanks.