IGNORED

HQPlayer's Network Audio Adapter

Hi,

Maybe someone - or Miska - can point me in the right direction. I have searched all forums but was not able to find an answer to my problem. I use a Mac Mini with HQPlayer and own a mircroRendu but no devices show up under the NAA backend in HQPlayer. Both devices connect through ethernet to a router (Airport Extreme). Am I missing something, do I need to purchase a switch instead? Thanks for all help.

Hi,

Maybe someone - or Miska - can point me in the right direction. I have searched all forums but was not able to find an answer to my problem. I use a Mac Mini with HQPlayer and own a mircroRendu but no devices show up under the NAA backend in HQPlayer. Both devices connect through ethernet to a router (Airport Extreme). Am I missing something, do I need to purchase a switch instead? Thanks for all help.

Make sure the NAA app is chosen in the uRendu, and then restart HQPlayer.

Have you tried HQ > Rendu direct (no Roon)? If your settings in HQ are not set in accordance to your DAC capabilities you are not going to get linked. I would try playing cd quality (no hirez) PCM files that are on a storage device plugged directly into your Mac and loaded in the HQ library to start trying to troubleshoot. Jesus is always willing to lend a helping hand and is very sensitive to his customers needs and I am sure will step in.

I am another happy owner of the MicroRendu since about a week. I have Roon Server and HQplayer running on a Win 10 PC and utilize the MR as a NAA. Everything works fine when upsampling up to 96/24 but anything higher begins to stutter /drop.

I have the MR connected via Ethernet Cat 6 through a Net Gear Pro Safe 16 Port switch in the living room. This is connected to my Cisco SG200 in the office where my Win 10 PC and NAS resides.

Any suggestions for me as to the best way to address the problem?

Thx.

I am another happy owner of the MicroRendu since about a week. I have Roon Server and HQplayer running on a Win 10 PC and utilize the MR as a NAA. Everything works fine when upsampling up to 96/24 but anything higher begins to stutter /drop.

I have the MR connected via Ethernet Cat 6 through a Net Gear Pro Safe 16 Port switch in the living room. This is connected to my Cisco SG200 in the office where my Win 10 PC and NAS resides.

Any suggestions for me as to the best way to address the problem?

Thx.

Do you have this stutter issue when playing without the NAA?

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

When streaming from the same PC with JRiver to my Devialet, I am getting no stutter with 192/24 material. Also when I place my Win 10 PC in the living room and connect it directly via USB to the Devialet (in combination with Roon Server), I encounter no stuttering / drops. This indicates to me that my Win 10 PC is capable of upsampling all material to 192/24 (via HQPlayer) and my network is robust enough to handle it. Thoughts?

HQPlayer used to work well with NAA on another pc (both Windows Server 2012 R2 in core mode). However after a few months of not having used this setup, I just tried and it no longer works. After starting networkaudiod.exe on the 'audio pc', HQPlayer on the 'control pc' can no longer find it. Both pc's are on the same wired network. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

audio system

HQPlayer used to work well with NAA on another pc (both Windows Server 2012 R2 in core mode). However after a few months of not having used this setup, I just tried and it no longer works. After starting networkaudiod.exe on the 'audio pc', HQPlayer on the 'control pc' can no longer find it. Both pc's are on the same wired network. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

Is anything showing up in the Network Name dialog under the tools menu from Hqplayer?

I just tried to reach NAA from another computer, this time from a mac on which HQPLayer is running. And that worked: HQPlayer does find NAA, and its IP address appears in the 'Network Audio Adapter Naming'. So I guessed the problem was with my HQPlayer version: beta 314b1.

When I installed the last stable version 3133, it worked fine again!

Is it a known problem that NAA does not work with the latest beta versions?

audio system

I just tried to reach NAA from another computer, this time from a mac on which HQPLayer is running. And that worked: HQPlayer does find NAA, and its IP address appears in the 'Network Audio Adapter Naming'. So I guessed the problem was with my HQPlayer version: beta 314b1.

When I installed the last stable version 3133, it worked fine again!

Is it a known problem that NAA does not work with the latest beta versions?

3.14b1 is old, current one is 3.14b5...

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

When streaming from the same PC with JRiver to my Devialet, I am getting no stutter with 192/24 material. Also when I place my Win 10 PC in the living room and connect it directly via USB to the Devialet (in combination with Roon Server), I encounter no stuttering / drops. This indicates to me that my Win 10 PC is capable of upsampling all material to 192/24 (via HQPlayer) and my network is robust enough to handle it. Thoughts?

Hmm, perhaps I should ask a different question. :)

Is there anything which needs to be considered from a network perspective when utilizing the microrendu as a NAA together with the HQplayer? i.e., Does it have specific requirements in regards to multicast, Igmp snooping, etc.?

I am a little stuck with this one so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Win Server is not supported, probably in Core mode something is missing for a proper 3.14x installation. Try to restore to Minimal GUI mode and then try to re-install 3.14b5. Then, perhaps you can go back to Core mode.

hi bibo01, I did just that, and after going back to core mode it still worked with NAA. So now I can use the latest beta version. Thanks!

audio system

Is there anything which needs to be considered from a network perspective when utilizing the microrendu as a NAA together with the HQplayer? i.e., Does it have specific requirements in regards to multicast, Igmp snooping, etc.?

Yes, multicast is certainly needed to be properly functional. In general all the normal networking functionality needs to be available and not blocked for example by firewall. For example when OS X firewall asks permission whether to allow network access, it is already too late and the packets are already lost (and HQPlayer has already given up waiting to hear back from NAA).

Yes, multicast is certainly needed to be properly functional. In general all the normal networking functionality needs to be available and not blocked for example by firewall. For example when OS X firewall asks permission whether to allow network access, it is already too late and the packets are already lost (and HQPlayer has already given up waiting to hear back from NAA).

So, I reconfigured the Microrendu as a RAAT and was able to stream 192/24 without a problem. That really only leaves the network communication between HQPlayer and the MR in the NAA mode as the problem. Perhaps I have an incorrect setting in the HQplayer? I am only upsampling PCM, so there is no DSD in the equation. Any ideas?

Thx

So, I reconfigured the Microrendu as a RAAT and was able to stream 192/24 without a problem. That really only leaves the network communication between HQPlayer and the MR in the NAA mode as the problem. Perhaps I have an incorrect setting in the HQplayer? I am only upsampling PCM, so there is no DSD in the equation. Any ideas?

Please make sure the NAA software module (networkaudiod) in microRendu is version 3.4.0. And then try latest HQPlayer beta 3.14b5 from here:

Signalyst - Installing HQPlayer beta

Both contain some discovery improvements.