On 2/18/2018 at 10:40 PM, Musicophile said:

Really good album/good recording. A good bass showcase for your system, too. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

The Gershwin Moment: Rhapsody in Blue; Concerto in F

Kirill Gerstein

Exciting new recording featuring not only the two well-known numbers but also some great Earl Wild virtuoso arrangements of Gershwin songs for piano.  Love the jazzy feel of all of the works - not your typical laid back "classical" performance, and Gerstein is remarkable in this (and everything else I've ever heard him do).

Highly recommended.

4260183510222_600.jpg

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

5 hours ago, sphinxsix said:

The quartet, electronics and Laurie's voice blend seamlessly. A fantastic album IMO!

MI0004382997.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

24-44 from Qobuz:

https://www.qobuz.com/fr-fr/album/landfall-laurie-anderson-kronos-quartet/0075597933864

Tried a couple of selections on Tidal a few days ago but did not give it enough time.

Now most of the way through and I am glad I did.  I am not that into "spoken voice" but the music is subdued and draws you in...

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

11 hours ago, Guidof said:

Is this particular version available for download?  If so, where? Thanks.

Klemperer recorded the Eroica twice with the Philharmonia, once 1955 in Mono, and again 1959 in Stereo. The above cover above is presumably of the Stereo version (I have the same album on CD; with a different cover, bought in the early 1990s). 

Both the mono and stereo version are available for download at Qobuz:

This should be the later stereo recording, with a different "filler", remastered in 24/96, in surprisingly acceptable SQ. 

https://www.qobuz.com/fr-fr/album/beethoven-symphonie-no-3-fidelio-overture-otto-klemperer/5099992803152

And this is the earlier mono one, much more shoe box sound:

https://www.qobuz.com/fr-fr/album/beethoven-symphony-3-leonore-overtures-1-2-otto-klemperer/0724356774155

Both have their merits. I prefer the stereo version due to better SQ.