Laura-Marling-Once-I-Was-An-Eagle.jpg

Laura Marling- Once I was an Eagle

Only have time to listen to it 3 times, but I love it. She links one song with the next in a good natural way. Nice lyrics, beautiful playing and singing. Joni Mitchell fans should like it.

Oscar

MBP 2012 ML 10.8.3 16 Gb and itunes 10.7 > Amarra Symphony with IRC, A+, PM> Tellurium Q Black Diamond USB + AQmicroUSB adaptor> Chord Hugo> Zensati #3 RCA > McIntosh C2500 preamp> Atlas Mavros XLR> McIntosh MC452 amplifier >Atlas Mavros speaker cable > Focal Scala Utopia > Ears > Brain > Enjoyment

Essential Audiotools Filtered Mains Multiplier/Sablon Audio Gran Corona

Analogue:Clearaudio master solution+SME V+Benz micro LP-S+Clearaudio Sixtream phono cable

HP: Ipod Classic 160Gb>Centrance Hifi-M8>Audeze LCD-X/Audeze LCD-XC

Grant Heart - Intolerance

Husker Du drummer solo project - infused with a little Van Morrison

Grant-Hart-Intolerance-466227.jpg

Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not." — Nelson Pass

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6297[/ATTACH]

I am sure this enhances sound enjoyment much more cost effectively than über-priced power cords.

Back on topic, to take a good break, I listened once more to Daft Punk Random Access Memories, in gorgeous (despite the volume compression) 24/88 sound from Qobuz. I can't tire of this album. Like Musicophile, I accompanied it with a fine produce of the land, sun, and expertise of winemakers, but I could not locate a picture for it.

daft-punk-random-access-memories-400x400.jpg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6297[/ATTACH]

I don't musk up everyday, but when I do, I prefer this:

[video=youtube;zLq2-uZd5LY]

Wait, Musicophile, was that cologne or liquor in your post????!?? :)

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

EditorsWeightofYourLove_zps2957cce3.jpg

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Wait, Musicophile, was that cologne or liquor in your post????!?? :)

Nice clip; and regarding the Tariquet, it surely smells nicely enough for cologne... Not sure all women would fall for it though.

Anyway, we've had several timid starts already around the forum, but maybe it would be worth doing a formal "liquor of the evening" thread?

But back to topic:

Emma Bell: Händel Operatic Arias (24/96): a really great Linn download.

0691062025225.jpg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6274[/ATTACH]

Laura Marling- Once I was an Eagle

Only have time to listen to it 3 times, but I love it. She links one song with the next in a good natural way. Nice lyrics, beautiful playing and singing. Joni Mitchell fans should like it.

Oscar

I finally gave in after seeing this album posted a few times by different people here, so I fired up MOG to give it a listen. I ordered it on CD and on Vinyl. It is great!

No electron left behind.

333.jpg

The Pastels- Slow Summits

Good indie pop songs from the Scotish band.

MBP 2012 ML 10.8.3 16 Gb and itunes 10.7 > Amarra Symphony with IRC, A+, PM> Tellurium Q Black Diamond USB + AQmicroUSB adaptor> Chord Hugo> Zensati #3 RCA > McIntosh C2500 preamp> Atlas Mavros XLR> McIntosh MC452 amplifier >Atlas Mavros speaker cable > Focal Scala Utopia > Ears > Brain > Enjoyment

Essential Audiotools Filtered Mains Multiplier/Sablon Audio Gran Corona

Analogue:Clearaudio master solution+SME V+Benz micro LP-S+Clearaudio Sixtream phono cable

HP: Ipod Classic 160Gb>Centrance Hifi-M8>Audeze LCD-X/Audeze LCD-XC

That sounds like a great idea; listening to a different album each and every night in its entirety. I don't think I've done that since I was about 16-years old.

I guess now is as good of a time to start as any -- I think I'll pop in Sixteen Stone by Bush

Hi Mav,

I love this album!

Best regards,

Barry

Soundkeeper Recordings

Barry Diament Audio

Yikes!

Just when I thought, I could visit this thread and not want to spend mulah. However one spells spending money.

George Harrison: Brainwashed. XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. I will not bother to state the obvious. I miss this Beatle over and over and over and...I'll never get over you (him).

Enjoying the music and missing the one's who have passed on...

Richard

I hate to loose him, cause I can't forget him...

Richard

image.jpg

Even though there's only 2 tracks in english and I can't understand the rest... I still really enjoyed this. Her voice is smokey, sexy and Portuguean.... what's not too like about that?!? Sound quality on this is pretty darn good for a 2012 released disc.

Ana Moura.jpg

220px-Jasonisbellandthe400unitherewerest.jpg

Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit - "Here We Rest." (Touch of the south.)

• Win 10 (64), (Front Room) Phil's Audio Optimizer, Tidal/Roon, HQPlayer, RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Hegel H300, van den Hul - The Clearwater, PMC Twenty.24's.

For me, this is the record of the first half of 2013. Can't get enough of it.

stories dont end.jpg

Office: MacBook Pro - Audirvana Plus - Resonessence Concero - Cavailli Liquid Carbon - Sennheiser HD 800.

Travel/Portable: iPhone 7 or iPad Pro - AudioQuest Dragonfly Red - Audeze SINE or Noble Savant