Joshua Redman: Walking Shadows HDtracks DL 88.2/24 AIFF. Wonderful ballads. His core quartet and strings. Gorgeous SQ (especially these days).

Enjoying the music,

Richard

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6080[/ATTACH]

Oh, I must download this. I haven't purchased anything by Mr. Redman in a while .. thanks Richard (again!).

Oh, I must download this. I haven't purchased anything by Mr. Redman in a while .. thanks Richard (again!).

With pleasure. I believe you will truly enjoy the Redman with his quartet and the ensemble including strings. I found the time flew by and the ballads are those I love. Enjoy the music,

Richard

a reflective evening....a celebration of Summer solstice....and news of the passing of one dear to us.

A dichotomy of emotion, yet significant solace is found in the notes of those who can communicate emotions through their instruments.

51TPtue07iL._SY300_.jpg

Followed by

51UVX5HKIiL._SY300__PJautoripBadge,BottomRight,4,-40_OU11__.jpg

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob

....just an "ON" switch, Please!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6089[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6088[/ATTACH]

Richard .. yes, gorgeous SQ.

Melvin,

Gorgeous is as gorgeous does. So glad!

Chick Corea and Gary Burton: Hot House XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. Hot House is cool! Great SQ.

Highly recommended.

Enjoying the music,

Richard

image.jpg

a reflective evening....a celebration of Summer solstice....and news of the passing of one dear to us.

A dichotomy of emotion, yet significant solace is found in the notes of those who can communicate emotions through their instruments.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6094[/ATTACH]

Followed by

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6095[/ATTACH]

Bill,

Attended Joshua Redman's live concert at Town Hall, NYC back when. One of the best live jazz concerts I had ever attended. His quartet played what became the Mood Swing album, or already was. Redman, Brad Mehldau, Chris McBride, Brian Blade. Extraordinary musicians, musicality and technique. I became an instant fan of all four musicians.

Enjoy the music,

Richard

A great, great live performance. Ladies and gentlemen, mr. Tim Buckley...

live1b.jpg

Good weekend.

Oscar

MBP 2012 ML 10.8.3 16 Gb and itunes 10.7 > Amarra Symphony with IRC, A+, PM> Tellurium Q Black Diamond USB + AQmicroUSB adaptor> Chord Hugo> Zensati #3 RCA > McIntosh C2500 preamp> Atlas Mavros XLR> McIntosh MC452 amplifier >Atlas Mavros speaker cable > Focal Scala Utopia > Ears > Brain > Enjoyment

Essential Audiotools Filtered Mains Multiplier/Sablon Audio Gran Corona

Analogue:Clearaudio master solution+SME V+Benz micro LP-S+Clearaudio Sixtream phono cable

HP: Ipod Classic 160Gb>Centrance Hifi-M8>Audeze LCD-X/Audeze LCD-XC

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6102[/ATTACH]

Yes, I'm playing this again and noting it here simply because it is worth noting. This is a marvelous release from Mr. Redman & company. Highly recommended.

Egad, you're right!!! Just downloaded it. Thanks.

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.

- Einstein

Chet Baker and Bill Evans: The Complete Legendary Sessions XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. Featuring musical assistance from Zoot Sims, Herbie Mann, Pepper Adams, Kenny Burrell, Paul Chambers and Philly Joe Jones. SQ is superb. Musicians, musicality and arrangements just gorgeous. Highly recommended.

Bill Evans & Chet Baker The Complete Legendary Sessions.jpg

Paul Desmond and Gerry Mulligan: Two Of A Mind XLD conversion K2HD 100kHz / 24-Bit to AIFF. Simply astoundingly gorgeous. An art at work. Paul Desmond, alto sax Gerry Mulligan, baritone sax Wendell Marshall, bass Joe Benjamin, bass John Beal, bass, Connie Kay, guest artist, drums, Mel Lewis, drums.

Paul Desmond Gerry Mulligan Two Of A Mind K2HD.jpg

Enjoying the music,

Richard

In addition to listening to my standard albums for critical listening (trying out some great iZotope setting from Jud) over the weekend, I pulled out and dusted off/ rediscovered some of my older albums and had quite a bit of fun in the process.

Hoodoo Gurus- Stoneage Romeos

One of the better albums from the new wave scene from the early 80's, so many great songs....

HoodooGurus-StoneageRomeos_zpsa7d96e78.jpg

Simple Minds - New Gold Dream

SimpleMinds-NewGoldDream_zpsab85d7f9.jpg

Ice House - Flowers

Icehouse-Flowers.jpg

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Boards-of-Canada-Tomorrows-Harvest.jpg

I took a chance on the new Boards of Canada release based upon a review over on Audiostream. Turns out that this is not only a release that is well composed from a music perspective, but also a recording that has excellent sonics in its 24 bit .wav format. Electronic music is not usually my thing as my ear tends to lean more so towards acoustic instruments so this would normally be out of bounds. Those that enjoyed the Daft Punk release should check this one out – there is very little if any compression at work on this recording. - Enjoy!

+1 on Boards of Canada, Tomorrow's Harvest. I am really enjoying my redbook cd version, but I am a BOC/electronic music fanatic, and own every BOC album, so I am biased. I definitely concur with your recommendation.

One small caveat that I would add- if you are new to the electronic music genre- this album is a bit more advanced, and certainly not as mainstream and accessible as the Daft Punk release. This is not dance or party music, but if you approach it with an open mind you will be rewarded.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Deep Purple - Who Do You Think We Are?

DELL INSPIRION 660•FLAC•jRiver Media Center 19•Onkyo CP-1260F•ONKYO C-707•ONKYO A-9000R•B&W 805 Diamond + DB1•iPod Classic 160GB• Musical Fidelity V-Can•Audio Technica ATH-A900X•SONY BD-P790ES •SONY KDL-46W905A

Yes: Going For The One. Audio Fidelity Hybrid SACD. Mastered by Steve Hoffmann at Stephen Marsh Mastering. XLD conversion to AIFF. Very good SQ. Better than HDtracks? Not better, not lesser. I have three editions, the other a redbook CD.

Enjoying the music,

Richard

image.jpg

A great, great live performance. Ladies and gentlemen, mr. Tim Buckley...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6097[/ATTACH]

Good weekend.

Oscar

Oscar: My step-father is Lee Underwood, Timmy's lead guitarist and close friend for many years. When he moved in with my mom I when I was 12, he then became West Coast Editor for Downbeat magazine and we had a steady parade of jazz and fusion greats come through our apartment for interviews (and back stage or at studios). It was cool. I met Quincy Jones, Chick Corea, John McLaughlin, and a ton of other. Our house reeked of pot all the time, but hey, it was the '70s!

Dream Letter Live... is terrific too.

Cheers,

ALEX

Zomby - With Love

Zomby-WithLove_zpsb537cdd9.jpg