LOL .. well, I find your taste impeccable! In fact, it was your "Memphis" post which reminded me I haven't listened to Boz in a while. I intend on purchasing "Memphis" and "Charlie Parker with Strings" .. this thread is costing me a fortune.

If you have a few dollars more (Clint) Melvin,

Willie Nelson & Wynton Marsalis:Two Men With The Blues XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. Excellent SQ, arrangements and anything else that may matter to one : >}

Enjoying the music,

Richard

image.jpg

If you have a few dollars more (Clint) Melvin,

Willie Nelson & Wynton Marsalis:Two Men With The Blues XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. Excellent SQ, arrangements and anything else that may matter to one : >}

Enjoying the music,

Richard

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6429[/ATTACH]

I like this kind of cross-fertilization, which shows you the roots of rock-'n'-roll. Here's another, "Rhythm, Country and Blues." Aaron Neville will put chills down your spine on "I Fall to Pieces." Lyle Lovett and Al Green on Willie Nelson's "Funny How Time Slips Away" are great, too.

RC&B.jpg

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I like this kind of cross-fertilization, which shows you the roots of rock-'n'-roll. Here's another, "Rhythm, Country and Blues." Aaron Neville will put chills down your spine on "I Fall to Pieces." Lyle Lovett and Al Green on Willie Nelson's "Funny How Time Slips Away" are great, too.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6433[/ATTACH]

Now I am reaching for my credit card ; >}

Richard

After weeks of waiting for it to arrive in the mail, finally......

Kraftwerk: Minimum-Maximum Live

2 DVD set, 24/48, using DVD Audio Extractor, fabulous sound quality.

Thanks for the head's up Junker!

kraftwerklive_zpsd6af8bab.jpg

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

51d2l4A9QcL__SS135_SL160_.jpg Trombone Shorty. And thanks to everyone for reminding me about music I've forgotten and introducing me to new music as well.

Family Room: Panny TCP65S2, Panny BDP-55, DTV HR-24, SB Touch, Schiit Bifrost Multibit, Yamaha RX-V3900, Emotiva XPA-3, Rocket NM 550's, Rocket 150's, X-CS, UFW-10, Harmony 700.

Computer Room: Dell laptop, Uptone Regen Amber, Schiit Bifrost Multibit, Decware SE84C+, Zu Omen, ALO National, Mr.Speakers Mad Dog headphones

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6434[/ATTACH] Trombone Shorty. And thanks to everyone for reminding me about music I've forgotten and introducing me to new music as well.

TS is one of my relatively new discoveries. Great fun of the upbeat kind. You may find similar reward with the Dirty Dozen Brass Band

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob

....just an "ON" switch, Please!

Nice soundtrack from the new movie

ManofSteel-Zimmer_zps1413c989.jpg

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

OLE Bull, Annar Follesø & Norwegian Radio Orchestra: OLE BULL Violin Concertos 2L DL DSD 128. Excellent SQ and performances. Highly recommended.

image.jpg

Rhythm Blues and Country, Vince Gill and various artists: XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. Recommended by Jud. Clever pairing of super artists singing super songs with average SQ, but so entertaining I stopped caring about the SQ (sorta, maybe) ; >}

Enjoying the music.

Nashville meets Memphis! This recording contains duets by the stars of R&B and country, including Vince Gill and Gladys Knight, Al Green and Lyle Lovett, Aaron Neville and Trisha Yearwood, Little Richard and Tanya Tucker, Clint Black and the Pointer Sisters and Natalie Cole and Reba McEntire and more.

Richard

image.jpg

Live, Philadelphia 8_16_07.jpg

David Bromberg and Angel Band

Live at the Philadelphia Folk Festival

8/16/07

24/96 download from HDtracks.com

https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php?file=catalogdetail&valbum_code=HD810514010958

Killer live set from Bromberg and his quartet, plus his wife Nancy Josephson's vocal trio, Angel Band, featuring the incredibly hot Kathleen Weber. Bromberg must be seen live to be appreciated, and this recording captures the ambiance and performance very well. Sound quality is excellent.

A very musical week-end:

JS Bach's John Passion by the Dunedin Consort in 24/192. Really beautiful (if sad obviously) and extremely well recorded. I don't understand at all why it got slated by the French music magazine Classica this month. Well, one fact which I hope is unrelated is that I have not seen ads for Linn records in Classica in a long time.

ckd-419.jpg

Wagner, Die Walküre, G. Solti, in 24/48 from HDtracks

HD00028945555928_185.jpg

Mark Knopfler, Sailing to Philadelphia, DVD-A

cwar48119l.jpg

Roberto Gerhard, The Plague, by Antal Dorati and the Washington DC National Symphony Orchestra. Emotionally tough but very good music, extremely well recorded. I found the scene with the death of the young boy very disturbing, but I have to say that this is extremely effective melodrama.

61et91t-TkL._SX300_.jpg

Time Out by the Dave Brubeck Quartet, Analogue Productions SACD. The sound quality is very good, especially the drums which are much better defined than in the Sony-Columbia SACD. The bass is a bit tighter on the Sony-Columbia SACD though. Overall, on balance, I prefer the Analogue Productions SACD.

CAPJ_8192_SA__83633__06142012093451-3901.jpg

metal-box.jpg

PIL - Metal Box

Post-punk Masterpiece!

Cheers

Oscar

MBP 2012 ML 10.8.3 16 Gb and itunes 10.7 > Amarra Symphony with IRC, A+, PM> Tellurium Q Black Diamond USB + AQmicroUSB adaptor> Chord Hugo> Zensati #3 RCA > McIntosh C2500 preamp> Atlas Mavros XLR> McIntosh MC452 amplifier >Atlas Mavros speaker cable > Focal Scala Utopia > Ears > Brain > Enjoyment

Essential Audiotools Filtered Mains Multiplier/Sablon Audio Gran Corona

Analogue:Clearaudio master solution+SME V+Benz micro LP-S+Clearaudio Sixtream phono cable

HP: Ipod Classic 160Gb>Centrance Hifi-M8>Audeze LCD-X/Audeze LCD-XC

The Allman Brother's Band: Eat A Peach. MFSL conversion Hybrid SACD to AIFF. Superb! All the comments from those who have praised this issue, I concur.

Thank you.

Allman Brother's Band Eat a Peach.jpg

John Coltrane: My Favorite Things. HDtracks DL 192/24 AIFF. One of my favorite things since I was a kid. Don't ask how long ago I was a kid (presently still a kid when it comes to the wonderment contemplating genius).

Enjoying the music, sometimes we a tear in my eye, for all the genius' gone

Richard

John Coltrane My Favorite Things.jpg

John Coltrane: My Favorite Things. HDtracks DL 192/24 AIFF. One of my favorite things since I was a kid. Don't ask how long ago I was a kid (presently still a kid when it comes to the wonderment contemplating genius).

Richard

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6480[/ATTACH]

This is probably my favorite Coltrane album, even before A Love Supreme.

Back to topic:

Reis/Demuth/Wiltgen [24/44 Qobuz]

Like Shai Maestro from the same label, in very high rotation right now.

Reis - Demuth - Wiltgen [24_44].jpg

Followed by my first high-res download ever (feels like ages ago, but has only been a year):

Tord Gustavsen: The Well [24/96 Highresaudio]

The Well [24_92].jpg

Richard

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6480[/ATTACH]

Love this record. Haven't heard yet the hires HDtracks edition. My Coltrane top 3 goes to: A Love Supreme, Ole Coltrane and Blue Train (I can change that Top3 from day to day ;-)

MBP 2012 ML 10.8.3 16 Gb and itunes 10.7 > Amarra Symphony with IRC, A+, PM> Tellurium Q Black Diamond USB + AQmicroUSB adaptor> Chord Hugo> Zensati #3 RCA > McIntosh C2500 preamp> Atlas Mavros XLR> McIntosh MC452 amplifier >Atlas Mavros speaker cable > Focal Scala Utopia > Ears > Brain > Enjoyment

Analogue:Clearaudio master solution+SME V+Benz micro LP-S+Clearaudio Sixtream phono cable

Cat_Power-Moon_Pix_(album_cover).jpg

Cat Power- Moon Pix

My favourite of Chan's career... Dirty Three (Australian band) members played in it.

(Last year's Sun was truly disappointing)