images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT816BXn53aXG4-YfiIx9SG-jFDdCVK22R5KDSIHKbAJBOSu7PjSAThe Lizard King cuts loose. Doors - Live in Boston

• Win 10 (64), (Front Room) Phil's Audio Optimizer, Tidal/Roon, HQPlayer, RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Hegel H300, van den Hul - The Clearwater, PMC Twenty.24's.

cover.jpg

John Lennon - Walls and Bridges (underrated record)

Keith Jarrett - Shades

cover.jpg

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

My wife and I were at a party over the weekend and they had a terrific local dj, who just signed on with Interscope Records. We gave him a lift home, along with his gear and we talked electronic music/dj scene stuff.

A couple tracks from his set (not his own music, just a few tracks he played at the party) (legitimate sharing on Soundcloud, with the artists' permission):

Onra (french dj) remix of Al. B. Sure's 'Night and Day'

https://soundcloud.com/onra/al-b-sure-night-n-day-onra-mix

Cherokee (french dj) remix of Daft Punk 'Something About Us':

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Daft Punk - Random Access Memories

Streamed for free from iTunes.

daft-punk-random-access-memories-410.jpg

Sound quality suffers a bit from streaming, but amazingly good. You get rather lost in the music, and it isn't all hard edged dance nonsense. Old farts like me can't take too much of that anymore! ;)

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

Same as above. The quality of the stream is pretty good though: it's AAC at an average bitrate of 280kbps, that's pretty hard to distinguish from lossless. Great album btw.

Listening Room: ALIX.2D2 (Voyage MPD) --> Arcam rDAC --> Marantz PM-15S2 --> Quadral Wotan Mk V

Drinking Room: ALIX.2D2 --> M2Tech hiFace 2 --> Cambridge Audio Azur 740C --> Rotel RC-06/RB-06 --> B&W XT4

Home head-fi: Grado SR80i, Sennheiser HD 650

On the go head-fi: Sennheiser IE 8

0014583f_medium.jpeg

Schnittke's Quartets. This time I listened to them in 16/44 rather than mp3. These pieces are really to my taste musically. The 16/44 is of course better, a bit smoother sonically than the mp3. In a way, I must confess that I enjoyed the slight harshness, the aggressiveness of the mp3s as it fits this musical style quite well. But I'll keep the 16/44 in my music collection of course; it is only by mistake that I listened to the mp3s anyway.

UEMI_ASD2889__59394__04012010112355-1983.jpg

Previn, LSO: Rachmaninov's second symphony, in 24/96 from Qobuz. I found this splendid musically and sonically. I owe great thanks to David for his recommendation in the thread "downloads to die for".

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5570[/ATTACH]

Are you still hacking into my library?

Johnny Hartman: Collection 1947-1972. Disc 1 of 2 Discs. XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. Just love his voice. Arrangements are excellent.

Johnny Hartman Collection- 1947-1972.jpg

Milt Jackson & Wes Montgomery: Bags Meets Wes XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. Marvelous SQ, musicality, technique. Match made in heaven (where there playing nightly).

Milt Jackson Wes Montgomery Bags Meets Wes.jpg

Enjoying the music,

Richard

Bill Evans: Alone [Extra Tracks, Original Recording Remastered] XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. Excellent SQ. Highly recommended

Bill Evans Alone.jpg

Oscar Peterson: The Complete Clef/Mercury Rec. Of Oscar Peterson Trio Disc 5 of 7 Discs. XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. Excellent SQ. Highly recommended.

Enjoying the music,

Richard

Oscar Peterson Mosaic Collection.jpg

MI0000216699.jpg.jpg

Labradford - E Luxo So

Good post-rock, ambient, instrumental music for this evening. It puts me near nirvana...

MI0000127697.jpg.jpg

Boxhead Ensemble- Dutch Harbor:where the sea breaks its back

Another ambient album by members of Tortoise, Jim O'Rourke, Will Oldham, et al.

389470654-1.jpg

Mikal Cronin- MCII

Great noise-power-pop music. First album on Merge records

Good listening

Oscar

MBP 2012 ML 10.8.3 16 Gb and itunes 10.7 > Amarra Symphony with IRC, A+, PM> Tellurium Q Black Diamond USB + AQmicroUSB adaptor> Chord Hugo> Zensati #3 RCA > McIntosh C2500 preamp> Atlas Mavros XLR> McIntosh MC452 amplifier >Atlas Mavros speaker cable > Focal Scala Utopia > Ears > Brain > Enjoyment

Essential Audiotools Filtered Mains Multiplier/Sablon Audio Gran Corona

Analogue:Clearaudio master solution+SME V+Benz micro LP-S+Clearaudio Sixtream phono cable

HP: Ipod Classic 160Gb>Centrance Hifi-M8>Audeze LCD-X/Audeze LCD-XC

Liars - WIXIW

LiarsWIXIW_zps9031c562.jpg

8137937456_3e8ac9570e_b_zps259bf515.jpg

The Haxan Cloak - Excavation

TheHaxanCloak5_zps0eedcafd.jpg

TheHaxanCloak1_zpsb2f23f7d.jpg

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Liars - WIXIW

LiarsWIXIW_zps9031c562.jpg

8137937456_3e8ac9570e_b_zps259bf515.jpg

Cool record! I love it! My favourite since Drum's Not Dead.

All the best

MBP 2012 ML 10.8.3 16 Gb and itunes 10.7 > Amarra Symphony with IRC, A+, PM> Tellurium Q Black Diamond USB + AQmicroUSB adaptor> Chord Hugo> Zensati #3 RCA > McIntosh C2500 preamp> Atlas Mavros XLR> McIntosh MC452 amplifier >Atlas Mavros speaker cable > Focal Scala Utopia > Ears > Brain > Enjoyment

Analogue:Clearaudio master solution+SME V+Benz micro LP-S+Clearaudio Sixtream phono cable

Agreed, Drum's Not Dead is a great album.

buddy guy - damn right,i've got the blues

main system; mac mini/mac os mountain lion/bel canto usb/cambridge audio dac magic/creek destiny intregrated/reference 3a mm de cappo i/svs pb-12-nsd/dh labs cables and wires/denon ah-d2000

Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong: Autumn in New York Hybrid SACD. XLD conversion AIFF. Remastered by Povee Chan. Perfect.

Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong Autumn in New York.jpg

Kenny Barron Quintet: Images XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF.Kenny Barron - piano Anne Drummond - flute, alto flute; Kim Thompson - drums; Kiyoshi Kitagawa - double bass; vibraphone- Stefon Harris

Kenny Barron Quintet Images.jpg

Lift: Work Of Art Soundkeeper Recordings. 24/96 DVD-R AIFF. Highly recommended.

Enjoying the music,

Richard

Lift Work Of Art.jpg

Kicking back.

• 51VomEqvLzL._SL500_SS110_.jpg

Ted Hawkins - The Next Hundred Years.

• Win 10 (64), (Front Room) Phil's Audio Optimizer, Tidal/Roon, HQPlayer, RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Hegel H300, van den Hul - The Clearwater, PMC Twenty.24's.

Milt Jackson & Wes Montgomery: Bags Meets Wes XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. Marvelous SQ, musicality, technique. Match made in heaven (where there playing nightly).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5573[/ATTACH]

Hi Richard. What CD version do you have?

Regards

Oscar

For a good weekend ;-)

LC_20090807071810.jpg

The Durutti Column- LC

Factory Benelux 2CD reissue. One of the best from Vini Reilly. XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF.

SAM_AMIDON_Bright_Sunny_South_cover_image-300x300.jpg

Sam Amidon- Bright Sunny South

New album full of XIX folk ballads, a mainstream song cover and some originals. Good voice and instrumentations! XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF.

All the best

Oscar