Dalhous - An Ambassador for Laing

Dalhous-AnAmbassadorforLaing_zpsab2bade8.jpg

Rainforest Spiritual Enslavement - Black Magic Cannot Cross Water

RainforestSpiritualEnslavement_zps1425ee8d.jpg

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | Revel subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Shai Maestro Trio: Shai Maestro Trio (24/44)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5737[/ATTACH]

One of my favorite new acquisitions.

Many thanks for the recommendation. I played this recording yesterday and got much musical enjoyment from it.

Back on topic: Shostakovitch's Piano Concerto's #1-2 and Rodion Schedrin's Piano Concerto #5 by Denis Matsuev and Gergeiev conducting the Mariinsky Orchestra in 24/96 from B&W Society of Sound. The Shostakovitch Piano Concertos are fine, and I much liked Schedrin's concerto #5 which I discovered with this disc. The sound quality is very good (which is not always the case in my experience with Society of Sound high-res downloads - I find for instance that the sound of Berlioz's Requiem by the late Sir Colin Davis is a bit muffled).

515t-ifR-ZL._SY300_.jpg

PS: I find it very odd that the name of the pianist is printed in much bigger font than the names of the composers.

Bob Mamet Trio: Impromptu

417hAp3FSPL._SY300_.jpg

A really nice Jazz piano trio album, with the great Joe Labarbera of Bill Evans fame on drums.

I believe recommended by somebody on this forum.

Followed by:

MI0001123662.jpg

Usually I loathe Musicals, however, this movie adaptation really got me 20 years ago, and the music by Howard Ashman touches me every time, in spite of it's slight cheesiness.

51yW7-b22NL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not." — Nelson Pass

Following Musciophile's recommendation, I downloaded the Keith Jarrett Jack DeJohnette Gary Peacock Trio Somewhere album 96/24 AIFF from HDtracks.com which for some reason lists this album with the title, Live In Lucerne. He may have purposefully unstated the recording as in the "...You won't be disappointed..." category. I will concur; I was not disappointed. And add that I was immediately enchanted with the quality. As I am a proponent of Amarra Symphony, I decided to play this album instead employing Audirvana Plus in Playlist mode, Integer mode (build 1.4.9.11) and through my newly upgraded W4S Dac2SE with startling presence. The combination: Taking all these elements together, the SQ sounds exalted. Did I say thank you, Musicophile?

Enjoying the music,

Richard

Keith Jarrett Trio Live In Lucerne.jpg

Following Musciophile's recommendation, I downloaded the Keith Jarrett Jack DeJohnette Gary Peacock Trio Somewhere album 96/24 AIFF from HDtracks.com which for some reason lists this album with the title, Live In Lucerne. He may have purposefully unstated the recording as in the "...You won't be disappointed..." category. I will concur; I was not disappointed. And add that I was immediately enchanted with the quality. As I am a proponent of Amarra Symphony, I decided to play this album instead employing Audirvana Plus in Playlist mode, Integer mode (build 1.4.9.11) and through my newly upgraded W4S Dac2SE with startling presence. The combination: Taking all these elements together, the SQ sounds exalted. Did I say thank you, Musicophile?

Enjoying the music,

Richard

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5773[/ATTACH]

Glad to like it. I'm always following your recommendations closely as well. Funnily enough, more often tha pn not, I have them already and fully agree with your assessment.

MORPHINE, The Night

Morphine, The Night.jpg

Interesting Rock group With Lead singer playing a 2 string slide Bass, a drummer and the lead is a Baritone Sax.

Top Floor, Bottom Buzzer is a fun song

My System TWO SPEAKERS AND A CHAIR

lol! Poor Munch gets slapped on everything :D

Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not." — Nelson Pass

MORPHINE, The Night

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5776[/ATTACH]

Interesting Rock group With Lead singer playing a 2 string slide Bass, a drummer and the lead is a Baritone Sax.

Top Floor, Bottom Buzzer is a fun song

Really miss these guys - definitely a different voice, always too few of those.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Long time favorite and CD I often use to demo equipment...great timbres especially on drums.

Founding member Josh Haden is Charlie Haden's son....I actually found Charlie through Spain. That said I doubt it's everyones cup of tea.

51NOUATWBXL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Reburning my collection, what a task but it's turning up so much I don't have in regular rotation. Forgot about Beth Orton & Central Reservation..gasp.

beth-orton-central-reservation-front-cover-12086.jpg

Eliane Elias I Thought About You (A Tribute To Chet Baker) HDtracks DL 96/24 AIFF. Enjoy her piano playing especially her tribute to Bill Evans album and her singing is fine. The SQ is excellent. My newly upgraded Dac2SE seems to render these latest DLs with an SQ so excellent as to get my attention each time.

Eliane Elias I Thought About You (A Tribute To Chet Baker)  .jpg

Paul McCartney: Wings Over America Disc 1 of 3 Discs; Topspin DL 96/24. Deluxe Edition provides code for High Quality DL in addition to the rest of the contents in the deluxe edition. Not sure of my reason for spending the stupendous price for the deluxe edition but it is well done.

Still, able to enjoy the music,

Richard

Paul McCartney Wings Over America Deluxe.jpg

prefab-sprout-steve-mcqueen_zps88c62f3b.jpg

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | Revel subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

TheBrianJonestown2_zpsbd865f54.jpg

The Brian Jonestown Massacre - The Singles Collection (1992- 2011)

v.s.

The Dandy Warhols - The Capitol Years 1996 - 2007

TheDandyWarhols1_zps3ba10b56.jpg

Rimsky-Korsakov: Scheherazade HDtracks DL 176.4/24 AIFF. Had this DL for a while. Finally got to it. Just gorgeous. The fuss over this Fritz Reiner is justified to my ears. Very moving edition. Highly recommended. But by now, that's old news.

Rimsky-Korsakov Scheherazade Fritz Reiner .jpg

Ray Brown Trio: Live At The Loa - Summer Wind Hybrid SACD XLD conversion to AIFF. Each time I am reminded how good this sounds. Love Hefti's Li'l Darlin' and the rest. Summer Wind is appropriate for the 90 degree temperatures in NY. My heart goes out to OK.

Ray Brown Trio Live At The LOA Summer Wind hyb sacd.jpg

Dusty Springfield: Dusty Springfield in Memphis K2HDCD. XLD conversion to AIFF. Gorgeous.

Dusty Springfield.jpg

Diana Krall: [iGlad Rag Doll (Deluxe Edition) [/i] HDtracks DL 96/24 AIFF. Have all the formats for this one. Excellent even as a DL.

These titles just for starters. Enjoying the music,

Richard

Diana Krall Glad Rag Doll (Deluxe Edition) .jpg