Try this one Melvin. it is more recent. Gillian Welch - The Harrow & the Harvest Theharrowandtheharvest.jpg

Fantastic record!

MBP 2012 ML 10.8.3 16 Gb and itunes 10.7 > Amarra Symphony with IRC, A+, PM> Tellurium Q Black Diamond USB + AQmicroUSB adaptor> Chord Hugo> Zensati #3 RCA > McIntosh C2500 preamp> Atlas Mavros XLR> McIntosh MC452 amplifier >Atlas Mavros speaker cable > Focal Scala Utopia > Ears > Brain > Enjoyment

Essential Audiotools Filtered Mains Multiplier/Sablon Audio Gran Corona

Analogue:Clearaudio master solution+SME V+Benz micro LP-S+Clearaudio Sixtream phono cable

HP: Ipod Classic 160Gb>Centrance Hifi-M8>Audeze LCD-X/Audeze LCD-XC

Tim O'Brien and Darrell Scott: Real Time XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. Excellent voices and musicianship.

image.jpg

Darrell Scott: Long Ride Home. XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. Excellent voice and musicianship.

Enjoying the music,

Richard

image.jpg

Beth Hart - Bang Bang Boom BoomFront.jpg

DELL INSPIRION 660•FLAC•jRiver Media Center 19•Onkyo CP-1260F•ONKYO C-707•ONKYO A-9000R•B&W 805 Diamond + DB1•iPod Classic 160GB• Musical Fidelity V-Can•Audio Technica ATH-A900X•SONY BD-P790ES •SONY KDL-46W905A

The Dillinger Escape Plan - One of us is the killer

Math metal with some great vocals.

folder.jpg

Main / Office: Home built computer -> Roon Core (Tidal & FLAC) -> Wireless -> Matrix Audio Mini-i Pro 3 -> Dan Clark Audio AEON 2 Noire (On order)

Portable / Travel: iPhone 12 Pro Max -> ALAC or Tidal -> iFi Hip Dac -> Meze 99 Classics or Meze Rai Solo

Led Zeppelin III

Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp will always make the hair on my neck stand on end. Just truly a great song!

folder.jpg

Main / Office: Home built computer -> Roon Core (Tidal & FLAC) -> Wireless -> Matrix Audio Mini-i Pro 3 -> Dan Clark Audio AEON 2 Noire (On order)

Portable / Travel: iPhone 12 Pro Max -> ALAC or Tidal -> iFi Hip Dac -> Meze 99 Classics or Meze Rai Solo

I'm late to the party on this release but really liked Mazzy Star..nice to find new material.

Bavarian Fruit Bread is the debut album from Hope Sandoval, former vocalist of Mazzy Star, and Colm Ó Cíosóig, former drummer of My Bloody Valentine.

41W9R7FTAML.jpg

Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not." — Nelson Pass

I'm really impressed how adventurous you are with composers that I've never even heard of!

Thanks for the kind words. Since I upgraded to hi-fi from a mid-fi setup in 2011, I discovered that I could enjoy contemporary music that previously just sounded irritating. This, together with the re-discovery of old pop and rock albums, have been the two main benefits of hi-fi to me. In a way, I don't really need my hi-fi system to thoroughly enjoy the music I like best (such as Furtwaengler's wartime recordings of Beethoven and Bruckner or his post-war Brahms 1st in Hamburg), but I need it for more challenging scores.

Back on topic: Aldo Romano, Threesome. An enjoyable disc for those who like jazz trio.

418iZZvJ3bL.jpg

Hey George, lovin Sarah. How About Patty. "Downtown Church" - Patty Griffin.ZRegards Bill

• Win 10 (64), (Front Room) Phil's Audio Optimizer, Tidal/Roon, HQPlayer, RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Hegel H300, van den Hul - The Clearwater, PMC Twenty.24's.

M83-Hurry-Up-Were-Dreaming-e1322771581554_zps3c8c2119.jpeg

and, Iceage - You're Nothing

Iceage-YoureNothing_zps568917fc.jpg

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Onra-ChinoiseriesPt2_zps5e39e654.jpg

Onra_zps6d08762e.jpg

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Thanks for the kind words. Since I upgraded to hi-fi from a mid-fi setup in 2011, I discovered that I could enjoy contemporary music that previously just sounded irritating. This, together with the re-discovery of old pop and rock albums, have been the two main benefits of hi-fi to me. In a way, I don't really need my hi-fi system to thoroughly enjoy the music I like best (such as Furtwaengler's wartime recordings of Beethoven and Bruckner or his post-war Brahms 1st in Hamburg), but I need it for more challenging scores.

Back on topic: Aldo Romano, Threesome. An enjoyable disc for those who like jazz trio.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5722[/ATTACH]

I'll certainly have to look into this more. Any albums you'd recommend worth having? Could even be the subject of a separate thread.

Back to topic:

Wayne Shorter - Footprints (redbook). Probably my favorite Shorter album.

Adam's Apple.png

Followed by:

Mozart: Symphonies No. 38-41 - Mackerras - SCO [24/88]

Mozart_ Sinfonie Nr. 38-41 - Mackerras - Scottish [24_88].png

This Linn download is one of the rare combinations (like the John Butt Dunendin recordings), where great sound meets reference level conducting. This Prague is my favorite of all times, and I cannot tire of the Jupiter.

Chopin: The Complete Preludes - Rafal Blechacz

Chopin_ Préludes - Blechacz.png

Rafal Blechacz is probably one of the most underrated pianists of today. Some time ago, I had the pleasure of hearing him and two other winners of the prestgious Chopin contest live in concert in just one week (which is quite a feat, given that the contest is only held every 5 years). The others were Maurizio Pollini and Krystian Zimerman. And honestly, the shy young guy who looked like he barely started university was the most impressive.

As an anecdote: When he won the Chopin competition in 2005, the jury decided not to give a 2nd price, as the distance to the other participants was just too big.

a0555242788_2.jpg

Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not." — Nelson Pass

Onra-Chinoiseries_zps11c7ed64.jpg

I'll certainly have to look into this more. Any albums you'd recommend worth having? Could even be the subject of a separate thread.

Thanks for the question. It would be nice to have a thread about favourite albums and discoveries, maybe by genre? One I can recommend without hesitation is the one I listened to yesterday evening for the first time: Rimsky's Scheherazade by Reiner and CSO in its SACD issue. The music is extremely pleasant to my ears, and the sound quality is just unbelievable for something that was recorded more than 50 years ago.

CRCASA66377.jpg

PS: thanks for the Blechacz recommendation. Would you know if it is available in high-res somewhere? I've not been very successful so far at locating high-res versions of recent DG recordings.

Thanks for the question. It would be nice to have a thread about favourite albums and discoveries, maybe by genre? One I can recommend without hesitation is the one I listened to yesterday evening for the first time: Rimsky's Scheherazade by Reiner and CSO in its SACD issue. The music is extremely pleasant to my ears, and the sound quality is just unbelievable for something that was recorded more than 50 years ago.

CRCASA66377.jpg

Fully agree about the Scheherazade, it's a great recording (unfortunately have redbook only). Just to clarify: my comment was more directed towards the more unknown composers, especially more contemporary ones, that you constantly seem to discover, and share here. But a more general thread of discoveries would also make sense.

PS: thanks for the Blechacz recommendation. Would you know if it is available in high-res somewhere? I've not been very successful so far at locating high-res versions of recent DG recordings.

No, DG hasn't been too hot on high-res so far, Qobuz lists a total of 13 albums available as Studio Masters. Anyhow, the SQ is, as typical for DG, ok but not outstanding.

51VVjIx65JL.jpg