[ATTACH=CONFIG]5923[/ATTACH]

I've tried lot's of versions of Dvorak's B minor concerto, but this is the one that always blows me away.

A splendid disc in my view too. It was my favourite version until I listened to Frans Helmerson and the Gothenburg SO conducted by N. Järvi which in my view surpasses it in emotional involvement and, by a huge margin, in sound quality:

5657d1369070175-album-evening-bis-cd-245.gif

Back on topic: Manfredo Fest SACD, Just Jobim. Very nice music, extremely well recorded. I express my gratitude to Teresa who recommended this album in reply to a post of mine on this forum.

manfredo_fest-just_jobim_span3.jpg?1234935531

A splendid disc in my view too. It was my favourite version until I listened to Frans Helmerson and the Gothenburg SO conducted by N. Järvi which in my view surpasses it in emotional involvement and, by a huge margin, in sound quality:

5657d1369070175-album-evening-bis-cd-245.gif

Yeah, I have the Helmerson version as well Boris. Indeed a very fine performance.

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.

- Einstein

I really like this one, so thanks for the inspiration:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5924[/ATTACH]

After listening to the first movement of my album above, I noticed I had the wrong recording in mind: the Piatgorsky, while well recorded, actually suffers from some sloppy playing. The one I actually really like is again the good old Janos Starker:

Dvorak_ Cellokonzert - Starker - Dorati - LSO.png

Classic: Jethro Tull - Aqualung (just bringing us back to the street.)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTfpPSUg_LicEB2zZMBkaxPMJ0zJ6NdcvYLJLtPidHXAfyeJM4cA

• Win 10 (64), (Front Room) Phil's Audio Optimizer, Tidal/Roon, HQPlayer, RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Hegel H300, van den Hul - The Clearwater, PMC Twenty.24's.

After listening to the first movement of my album above, I noticed I had the wrong recording in mind: the Piatgorsky, while well recorded, actually suffers from some sloppy playing. The one I actually really like is again the good old Janos Starker:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5925[/ATTACH]

I wish the Fournier/Szell/Berlin PO (Deutsche Grammophon) collaboration were remastered and made available as high-resolution Studio Master download.

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

Whoo hoo!!! It finally arrived! After a 7-year drought, it was worth the wait.

boards-of-canada_tomorrows-harvest-608x608_zps449cc2c4.jpg

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | Revel subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Looks to be available at Qobuz at 24/44...there is is nice little handful of new releases coming out this year in higher res.

Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not." — Nelson Pass

I just went with the redbook cd.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | Revel subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Brahms: Piano Quintet - Leipzig String Quartet with Andreas Staier

Brahms_ Klavierquintett - Leipziger - Staier.png

Highly recommended (but beware: less than 40 min on an album, a bit disappointing).

Followed by:

Manu Katché: Neighbourhood

1318333529-0.jpg

Still my favorite Katché album, no wonder with those brilliant musicians playing with him, and very well recorded. November 99 is one of my regular test tracks.

Joni Mitchell: Court and Spark HDtracks DL 192/24 AIFF. 10% off on several titles. Have the redbook CD. Enjoying the DL and prefer the DL over the much older redbook CD which is not meant to denigratenthe SQ ofnthe redbook CD.

Enjoying the music,

Richard

image.jpg