OOOOps!

Oscar, sorry for my confusion. The album is actually an HDtracks Download 96/24 AIFF. https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php?file=catalogdetail&valbum_code=HD00025218484220. I went to my music collector database which apparently has misinformation. My apologies. However, SQ is excellent.

Best,

Richard

Thanks Richard

I'll check it

MBP 2012 ML 10.8.3 16 Gb and itunes 10.7 > Amarra Symphony with IRC, A+, PM> Tellurium Q Black Diamond USB + AQmicroUSB adaptor> Chord Hugo> Zensati #3 RCA > McIntosh C2500 preamp> Atlas Mavros XLR> McIntosh MC452 amplifier >Atlas Mavros speaker cable > Focal Scala Utopia > Ears > Brain > Enjoyment

Essential Audiotools Filtered Mains Multiplier/Sablon Audio Gran Corona

Analogue:Clearaudio master solution+SME V+Benz micro LP-S+Clearaudio Sixtream phono cable

HP: Ipod Classic 160Gb>Centrance Hifi-M8>Audeze LCD-X/Audeze LCD-XC

Kiko - Los Lobos. How did I miss this first time around? Superb.

Agreed!

J.J. Johnson and Kai Winding: Trombone For Two, Jay & Kai XLD conversion Mosaic redbook CD to AIFF. Just love jazz trombone twice.

Enjoying the music,

Richard

J.J johnson and kai winding Mosaic.jpg

I know this is not an album of the evening, but my wife and I watched the blu-ray edition of the director's cut of Amadeus last night. Wow! The music was thrilling. The acting superb. But the music...

Enjoying the music, the acting, Mozart...

Richard

Amadeus the blu-ray.jpg

Dvorak: Cello Concerto by Frans Helmerson and the Gothenburg SO conducted by N. Järvi. Just unbelievably good. Before I listened to this recording, the EMI SACD remaster of Jacqueline DuPré's disc was my reference, but this recording is just miles above in terms of music and sound. To me it is another example that top-notch 16/44 is very hard to surpass. I am increasingly convinced that the main benefit of high-res is that it makes it easier to record very well, but that 16/44 is enough though much more demanding on the expertise of the audio engineer.

BIS-CD-245.gif

956.jpg

Lambchop - How I Quit smoking (Merge Records)

It was 1996 and I was 20 years old. I discovered this record (and many more) in a music magazine and my life changed...Apart from the misterious cover/graphic art and title, the CD was full of histories -funny, strange, anxious, beautiful stories-, narrated by a nicotine voice (the great Kurg Wagner), almost whispered, all surrounded by a band in a very intimate way. "Midnight country". I felt proud of having it as a good companion, still today.

Like Morrissey said once "don´t forget the songs that made you cry and the songs that saved you life...". I don´t

Oscar.

MBP 2012 ML 10.8.3 16 Gb and itunes 10.7 > Amarra Symphony with IRC, A+, PM> Tellurium Q Black Diamond USB + AQmicroUSB adaptor> Chord Hugo> Zensati #3 RCA > McIntosh C2500 preamp> Atlas Mavros XLR> McIntosh MC452 amplifier >Atlas Mavros speaker cable > Focal Scala Utopia > Ears > Brain > Enjoyment

Essential Audiotools Filtered Mains Multiplier/Sablon Audio Gran Corona

Analogue:Clearaudio master solution+SME V+Benz micro LP-S+Clearaudio Sixtream phono cable

HP: Ipod Classic 160Gb>Centrance Hifi-M8>Audeze LCD-X/Audeze LCD-XC

OMD-Architecture_zps08186c6d.jpg

Diiv-Oshin_zps4158c22e.jpg

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Melvin,

I totally agree with your taste in music in overall. Which version of this particular Dire Straits album do you prefer?

Bernhard

Thanks Bernhard .. I'm listening to the Warner Remasters (remastered by Bob Ludwig), I have them all. I like it but not sure it's a preference per se. I'm curious, do you have a preference?

Eric Alexander: Dead Center. XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. Eric Alexander is an extraordinary musician in sound and phrasing. His accompaniment compliments.

Eric Alexander Dead Center.jpg

Kenny Barron: New York Atitude XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. You don't know what love is till you've heard him play (it). Backed by the best.

Enjoying the music every way,

Richard

Kenny Barron New York Attitude.jpg

Thanks Bernhard .. I'm listening to the Warner Remasters (remastered by Bob Ludwig), I have them all. I like it but not sure it's a preference per se. I'm curious, do you have a preference?

To my knowledge the SHM-SACD is the same Bob Ludwig remaster. So we listen to basically the same version.

All these wonderful Dire Straits albums, from this one up to Brothers in Arms would be great in a new 'reference' transfer from the orig. tapes to a modern HD format.

Till then we enjoy the existing version of this timeless music! :-)

Try this one Melvin. it is more recent. Gillian Welch - The Harrow & the Harvest Theharrowandtheharvest.jpg

• Win 10 (64), (Front Room) Phil's Audio Optimizer, Tidal/Roon, HQPlayer, RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Hegel H300, van den Hul - The Clearwater, PMC Twenty.24's.