IGNORED

SACD ripping using your PS3 (part 2)

Stefan,

if you need further help or hints/tips, you could also contact me in german via PM or mail.

Esoterc SA-60 / Foobar2000 -> Mytek Stereo 192 DSD / Audio-GD NFB 28.38 -> MEG RL922K / AKG K500 / AKG K1000  / Audioquest Nighthawk / OPPO PM-2 / Sennheiser HD800 / Sennheiser Surrounder / Sony MA900 / STAX SR-303+SRM-323II

• 2 weeks later...

Ted, Have you heard of any progress being made on later versions (say like 4.31 :-))

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

Ted, Have you heard of any progress being made on later versions (say like 4.31 :-))

Good question. No. I pin'g Mr Wicked a month ago or so; he earlier told me he'd resubmit his ripper to the google page once it's updated with the new keys. So I guess he'll tell me when that is done.

A new Windows version of sacd_extract (the app one uses to extract DSF and DFF files and folders from PS3-ripped SACD ISOs) is now available. It is here:

sacd_extract_0.3.7_WIN32.zip - sacd-ripper - SACD Extract 0.3.7 (WIN32) - SACD ripping software using a PS3 - Google Project Hosting

version 0.3.7 changelog

- fixed a bug where arranger phonetic was referenced incorrectly during print (-P)

- option to allow individual dsf/dsdiff track extraction

- added (foobar) compatible escaping to cuesheets

- added user optional output filename/folder (last parameter)

Here is where the new parameter to extract only certain tracks (-t) is shown:

extract v037.jpg

Hello everybody and Happy New Year!

I was able to successfully rip my first SACDs a few days ago. However, I was asking myself if the PS3-ripped SACD ISOs are really bit-prefect, i. e. being fully congruent to the data on the disk? Mechanical problems in CD players affecting the sound quality are well known, so that bit-perfect CD rips are in most cases only with multiple reading of the tracks (in computer drives with special software) and even so only with a certain probability possible. Is there a need or a way in your opinion to optimize the SACD rip quality? Isn't it for example detrimental that my PS3 stands upright?

Thanks,

Stefan

Hello everybody and Happy New Year!

I was able to successfully rip my first SACDs a few days ago. However, I was asking myself if the PS3-ripped SACD ISOs are really bit-prefect, i. e. being fully congruent to the data on the disk? Mechanical problems in CD players affecting the sound quality are well known, so that bit-perfect CD rips are in most cases only with multiple reading of the tracks (in computer drives with special software) and even so only with a certain probability possible. Is there a need or a way in your opinion to optimize the SACD rip quality? Isn't it for example detrimental that my PS3 stands upright?

Thanks,

Stefan

Or if you have an external fan.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

A new Windows version of sacd_extract (the app one uses to extract DSF and DFF files and folders from PS3-ripped SACD ISOs) is now available. It is here:

sacd_extract_0.3.7_WIN32.zip - sacd-ripper - SACD Extract 0.3.7 (WIN32) - SACD ripping software using a PS3 - Google Project Hosting

version 0.3.7 changelog

- fixed a bug where arranger phonetic was referenced incorrectly during print (-P)

Here is where the new parameter to extract only certain tracks (-t) is shown:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3263[/ATTACH]

Thanks, Ted. Quick question: OK to install this version directly over the old, or should the old version be deleted first?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

No need to build anything. The .pkg, keys and extract.exe are available. Environment? Ripping with SACD-compatible PS3 with OtherOS 3.55, Windows Vista for extraction using sacd_extract.exe and bat files. It's all spelled out in the guide, or here on the thread. Pm sent.

Welcome to CA.

Hi Ted_b,

I have just acquired a old PS3 is would like to convert my SACD collection in digital collection. Would you kindly share any necessary components to me? Million Thanks!!

Thanks.

Kevin

Hi Ted, would you happen to have the latest compiled sacd_ripper.pkg featuring this version? Will be great if you can send it to me if you do. Still using version 0.3.0 for all my ripping on my PS3. Thanks!

Featuring what version? 0.37? That's simply the extract download (on the link in my post). But I can send you a PM with the network daemon version of the ripper, version .36 (which is almost a year old)...but it has nothing to do with this extract...two different things.

PM sent.

Featuring what version? 0.37? That's simply the extract download (on the link in my post). But I can send you a PM with the network daemon version of the ripper, version .36 (which is almost a year old)...but it has nothing to do with this extract...two different things.

PM sent.

Oh! I have always thought that the sacd_ripper.pkg (package that is installed on the PS3) is compiled from the source codes found from the sourceforge site and in this instance, v0.3.7. I have attempted compiling it once previously but i keep running into errors with the compiler when I tried to compile the sacd_ripper.pkg using the 0.3.6 source codes.

Oh! I have always thought that the sacd_ripper.pkg (package that is installed on the PS3) is compiled from the source codes found from the sourceforge site and in this instance, v0.3.7. I have attempted compiling it once previously but i keep running into errors with the compiler when I tried to compile the sacd_ripper.pkg using the 0.3.6 source codes.

Just checked the SVN packages again and it is now at v0.3.1 (seems like version numbers for sacd_ripper.pkg and sacd_extract.exe are different) and it is currently on r392

Dunno anything about the sourceforge site. The ripper (PS3) is completely independent of the extraction app (Windows, and earlier versions Win/Mac). The extraction app requires no compiling, it's just an executable and downloaded from the google site. Regarding the ripper (which i thought was your question) I happen to have the 036 version of the ripper (already compiled into a .pkg) and sent it to you.

Net/net, you are confusing my announcement of the 037 extraction app (on google) with the ripper. No new ripper since May or earlier (the v036 ripper that allows ripping to a drive on your LAN). And that is how the development is to be expected. The whole idea of making the extraction app on a general use pc (or MAC) is to save valubale PS3 drive wear and tear, and to do more development in that extraction end of the process. The only change to the ripper that we envision is the change that will occur once the newly discovered LV0 keys are implemented, allowing later firmware greater than 3.55. That change is not expected for awhile, though, but who knows.

Addendum (due to timing out on editing above post): the ripper rips to an ISO image, period. Then you take that ISO image and extract DSF or DIFF files (on a Windows or Mac platform). Earlier versions of the ripper did extraction, too, as an option, but was later decided that it was a waste of wear and tear on valuable old PS3's, and a poor platform to do the extraction on anyway.

Net/net, you are confusing my announcement of the 037 extraction app (on google) with the ripper. No new ripper since May or earlier (the v036 ripper that allows ripping to a drive on your LAN). .

the SACD Ripper package was updated a few days ago:

version 0.3.7

Music Interests: http://www.onebitaudio.com