IGNORED

SACD ripping using your PS3 (part 2)

I used to have that player with same upgrade board. Was decent multichannel option, but sold it before I discovered the Metric Halo LIO-8. You should LOVE that DAC.

Ted, a couple things? One is, can you pm me your ripping guide too? Thanks!!

And two, are you stil using the LIO 8? It can't play DSD or DSF files. Just wondering your playback system. (I too have the LIO 8)

Chris

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

Ted, a couple things? One is, can you pm me your ripping guide too? Thanks!!

And two, are you stil using the LIO 8? It can't play DSD or DSF files. Just wondering your playback system. (I too have the LIO 8)

Chris

PM sent. I have two DSD DACS, the Meitner MA-1 (main rig) and the Mytek (home office). I do not have the LIo-8 (was demoing it but never bought).

Oh, thought you had it. But I bet Meitner sounds sweet! And Thanks for the pm, much appreciated!

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

Hi Ted,

Thanks to your guide I can rip now my SACD's. My question is: what is the best choice, playing the ISO or playing the dff's after extracting the ISO into dff's, using the script for the Mac?

If your DAC is DSD-capable then extracting into DSF files (not DIFF). If you have to convert to PCM, it probably doesn't matter which way you go (ISo or DSF), but DSF is my recommended DSD file format, not DIFF. DIFF does not support tags, etc.

Hi Ted,

Forget the previous reply. I found the answer in your guide. Thanks!

Great, but your question spurned me on. :) It's important that folks understand what these scripts or bat files do, and how to edit them to do DSF...cuz DSF is sooooo much better.

Here are the commands; simply replace (right-click, edit) a -p with a -s

sacd extract help.jpg

Finally a post that drew me out of lurk mode; I stumbled across an older Playstation 3 today and started diving into the documentation on the sacd-ripper and was wondering if anyone has been able to do this by doing a Physical -> Virtual conversion of the PS3 via VMware [ESXi or Fusion] or even with the Java version of ps3mediaserver?

Seems like this is perfectly doable, I'm curious if anyone done anything similar?

Finally a post that drew me out of lurk mode; I stumbled across an older Playstation 3 today and started diving into the documentation on the sacd-ripper and was wondering if anyone has been able to do this by doing a Physical -> Virtual conversion of the PS3 via VMware [ESXi or Fusion] or even with the Java version of ps3mediaserver?

Seems like this is perfectly doable, I'm curious if anyone done anything similar?

The firmware required is neither of those. They don't work. The ripper google page (and my guide) have links to the proper custom OtherOs firmware.

PM sent. :)

Agreed about Oppo, de-embedder and clipping from Mediatek chip. I am still flumuxed why Oppo didn't allow DSD file playback with their new asynch USB Oppo 105 (the damn chip already does the DSD work with SACD discs, why not DSF files too).

Guessing Sony would either want too high a licensing fee or is not willing to grant it, period. But that's just a total guess. (Assuming it's not in Oppo's business model just to do file playback, and that they'd want something fully capable of pulling a digital output off SACD.)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I think the genie is out! I run rebug cfw and have the sacd ripper running perfectly on it. I don't know much else about what cfw does, and I don't really care. But it appears that there is a downgrade option now with rebug. I have a second sacd capable PS3 and will try the downgrade when I get enough courage!

Codename: REBUG

This is still not the solution. It does not use LV0 and requires hardware downgrading, etc. As Mr Wicked emailed me about this" "So in short: the answer is still no, it's not available "yet", be patient I strongly believe a solution will be available in the near future.."

No need to build anything. The .pkg, keys and extract.exe are available. Environment? Ripping with SACD-compatible PS3 with OtherOS 3.55, Windows Vista for extraction using sacd_extract.exe and bat files. It's all spelled out in the guide, or here on the thread. Pm sent.

Welcome to CA.

No need to build anything. The .pkg, keys and extract.exe are available. Environment? Ripping with SACD-compatible PS3 with OtherOS 3.55, Windows Vista for extraction using sacd_extract.exe and bat files. It's all spelled out in the guide, or here on the thread. Pm sent.

Welcome to CA.

Hi ted_b,

I have been lurking in the forum for quite some time - enjoying the information shared here, but not quite feeling that I've had anything to contribute yet. I still don't have much to contribute, but I'd like to request for someone to send me the guide and software for SACD extraction. I have recently been able to buy a CECHA01 PS3 with 3.15 FW. It was used as a linux computer - not for games, so I think the SACD-drive is in quite good condition.

Naturally I want to backup my ~150 disc SACD collection to harddisk and am very grateful for the help offered here.

Thanks,

/Daniel

Im ripping some of my SACDs and am having trouble with some of them:

A/ So far the 3 PentaTone (classics) discs I have tried fail to rip (the machine says it's 'completed' - but nothing is done).

B/ my Chandos SACD - Guillaume Connesson - Cosmic Trilogy disc freezes the software / PS3.

C/ LSO Live, Sibelius Symphony No 2 - this processes 1/2 way then 'stalls'

I've done / tried the above twice so far - same results ...

:)

Im ripping some of my SACDs and am having trouble with some of them:

A/ So far the 3 PentaTone (classics) discs I have tried fail to rip (the machine says it's 'completed' - but nothing is done).

B/ my Chandos SACD - Guillaume Connesson - Cosmic Trilogy disc freezes the software / PS3.

C/ LSO Live, Sibelius Symphony No 2 - this processes 1/2 way then 'stalls'

I've done / tried the above twice so far - same results ...

:)

How many have you ripped successfully? I have over 800 ripped with maybe 2 that didn't (but those never started..nothing like what you are reporting), so wondering your reject rate. I have several (10% maybe) that rip without the final screen showing elapsed time, which means I simply need to wait until the USB flash drive stops activity. Those all ripped fine, but they needed the somewhat constant monitoring (realizing, of course, that the monitoring wasn't necessary for the first 15-20 minutes, regardless).