IGNORED

SACD ripping using your PS3 (part 2)

Hi Ted, This is my second 'batch'. Batch 1 was about 60 discs also (batch 2 same size). Batch 1 was OK - screen freeze was abt 10% - on this batch (2), at 40/50 atm, no screen freezes yet, only had one screen with % showing done but counter still ripping. So pretty much a rate of 12% but it's a complete refusal to rip.

I've got more PentaTone's to do so I'll see if those are also stubborn ...

Hi, I have finally tracked down a PS3 CECHC03 with FW3.50. I have studied the code.google pages and found the keys and a pkg file. I still looking for a copy of kmeaw that i can trust as there are a lot of sites with some rubbish threads. It sounds like there are a couple of PDFs on how to which would be much appreciated and I'm open to a PM or two.

Dan

Hi, I have finally tracked down a PS3 CECHC03 with FW3.50. I have studied the code.google pages and found the keys and a pkg file. I still looking for a copy of kmeaw that i can trust as there are a lot of sites with some rubbish threads. It sounds like there are a couple of PDFs on how to which would be much appreciated and I'm open to a PM or two.

Dan

Just ask, that's all. :)

Welcome to CA. PM sent.

Do the new hacked firmwares (eg. 4.31) work with SACD ripper?

No. Mr Wicked has promised to update me (and the ripper) once the newly discovered LV0 keys are implemented in it. So we are still at 3.55 and below.

Subbed for if and when that happens I can finally use all of my SACDs without using a PS3 with captive AV cable and loud fan, or have to spend $1000-1500 on an Oppo or Sony ES player. :).

A Digital Audio Converter connected to my Home Computer taking me into the Future

No. Mr Wicked has promised to update me (and the ripper) once the newly discovered LV0 keys are implemented in it. So we are still at 3.55 and below.

Thanks Ted_b

I need to get my PS3 downgraded anyway so if I only want to use the PS3 for this then I suppose there is no advantage to a new firmware. What is the recommended 3.55 CFW variant these days?

I need to get my PS3 downgraded anyway so if I only want to use the PS3 for this then I suppose there is no advantage to a new firmware. What is the recommended 3.55 CFW variant these days?

PM sent. :)

No need to build anything. The .pkg, keys and extract.exe are available. Environment? Ripping with SACD-compatible PS3 with OtherOS 3.55, Windows Vista for extraction using sacd_extract.exe and bat files. It's all spelled out in the guide, or here on the thread. Pm sent.

Welcome to CA.

Hello everybody,

I'm a newbie as well having joined you community only a few minutes ago in search of information about ripping of SACDs. I recently was able to buy an appropriate PS3 for this purpose, however it is not so easy to find all the software I need. I already downloaded the CFW 3.55 KMEAW, the keys, and the sacd_extract.exe. But, I'm really not able to find a reliable source of the .pkg. I hope you could help with some hints. Would you be so kind to provide your famous pdf guide, too?

Thank you in advance,

Stefan

(located in Frankfurt/Germany)