IGNORED

Release of Sonic Orbiter Operating System v2.9 for the Rendu Series

Will V2.9 release for both the Rendus and sonicTransports at the same time?

Does the release of V2.9 provide the capability to upgrade to HQP5 embedded right away?

• HQPE 1.4/1.5 MHz 20 Bit PCM
  • Streaming Qobuz or playing files from external SSD
  • Surface Go 3 i3 Tablet with HQPlayer Client
  • ISP Cable Modem -> Ethernet -> Sonore opticalModule 
  • Sonore opticalModule  -> 20m Fiber -> Sonore opticalModule -> Ethernet -> Managed Switch
  • Managed Switch -> Ethernet -> Sonore opticalModule Deluxe -> 5m Fiber -> Sonore Sig Rendu SE Optical ( HQPlayer NAA )
  • Managed Switch -> Ethernet ->Small Green Computer sonicTransporter i9 Optical ( HQPlayer Embedded )
  • Sonore Sig Rendu SE Optical -> USB -> Holo Audio KTE May
  • Holo Audio KTE May -> XLR -> Goldpoint SA1X/47 -> XLR to Decware ZBIT -> RCA to Decware ZSTAGE25 -> RCA to Decware SE84UFO25 -> Avantgarde Duo Omega Horns with Townshend Audio Ribbon Super Tweeters
  • Decware SE84UFO25 -> Speaker Level to Jensen IsoMax Balanced Converter -> XLR Rives PARC -> XLR Avantgarde SUB225s

Hi Jesus. Will there be any reason to update to 2.9 if one only has the oR Lite Roon model? 

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

On 7/22/2023 at 12:41 AM, vortecjr said:

2. The Kernel has a new low latency USB stack that reworks the way playback starts.

Will playback start faster when using Roon?

On 7/22/2023 at 12:41 AM, vortecjr said:

6. Long term our plan is to remove servers from the Rendu series as they are better suited to run on Sonic Orbiter Operating System for the Transport series.

You mean adding storage on the SonicTransporter ? (Which has been possible for a long time).

On 7/22/2023 at 4:32 PM, vortecjr said:

I would have to coordinate with Andrew this week.

Planned release ?

16 minutes ago, esmit said:

So what is the special?

I don’t know more than this. And ordered. It’s more or less paying for shipping and the memory. But of cause why not over the air ? 

Dear Music Enthusiast,

Sonore and Small Green Computer are thrilled to announce the release of Sonicorbiter OS Version 2.9 for the Sonore Rendu Series Players.  

A few reasons why Version 2.9 is amazing:

1. The new version adds supports more DSD devices.

2. The new version has a new low latency USB stack that reworks the way playback starts.

3. Cleaning up the new version by removing legacy software that no longer builds correctly (Songcast, YMPD, and Logitech Media Server).

4. This version supports our long term plan to move remote servers away from the Rendu series and on to the sonicTransporter series products where they are much better suited.  

We are offering our customers two options on how you can get this latest software release. 

Option 1 - Get the release for free:

To get the release for free, we ask that you write a forum review of your Sonore Rendu Series player online.  A few of the great many places to write about your Sonore Rendu Series player include (but not limited to):

Once your forum review is complete, simply go to the below webform, fill it out, and we will send you a discount code to get your upgrade for free.  Note - limit one per customer and that this offer is for a limited time.  

Option 2 - Pay $29 for your software upgrade (free standard shipping)

Your software upgrade will be shipped for free via USPS.  Expedited shipping options are also available.  

Best regards,

Andrew

I really love my microRendu that I purchased several years back. It is small, supports many different input modes, very high audio performance from my Roon setup, and scales well with different power supplies. Software has fixed bugs and is stable. I just leave it on and forget about it. Very Highly recommended!

On 7/25/2023 at 10:09 AM, charlesphoto said:

Hi Jesus. Will there be any reason to update to 2.9 if one only has the oR Lite Roon model? 

Please note the reasons listed above as it was just updated and understand that this is not a mandatory update for anyone.  

10 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

Please note the reasons listed above as it was just updated and understand that this is not a mandatory update for anyone.  

Will the Rendu’s ever be fully OTA ? And if no, why not ?

Can you explain why chosen the OS on a memory card instead of other ways ?

19 hours ago, R1200CL said:

Will playback start faster when using Roon?

You mean adding storage on the SonicTransporter ? (Which has been possible for a long time).

Planned release ?

This portion of the update deals with the operating system and the USB stack and nothing to do with Roon and RoonReady per say. However, overall the playback from start to finish should be faster for each of the output protocols.  

I have not mention storage on the Sonic Transporter so I'm not sure what you are asking. Remember that LMS can stream music directly from Tidal, Spotify, Qobuz, etc, over the network without the need for storage. LMS can also play local content stored on the Sonic Transporter and that is where having storage and a powerful CPU is beneficial.    

I don't have an update on the release of 2.9 for the Sonic Transporter. It's a big project and requires coordination with the developers of the servers onboard and will take time.   

4 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

I have not mention storage on the Sonic Transporter so I'm not sure what you are asking.

4. This version supports our long term plan to move remote servers away from the Rendu series and on to the sonicTransporter series products where they are much better suited.  

Im trying to understand the meaning of this. Maybe @agillis is more suited to elaborate?