IGNORED

Release of Sonic Orbiter Operating System v2.9 for the Rendu Series

Anyone having trouble with DLNA playback on 2.9?  Worked perfect with 2.8.  I have used JRiver for years.  I can’t get my signature rendu SE to show up in JRiver (also doesn’t show up on a DLNA analysis program called white bear).  

I have the same settings as before…nothing.  Some info in no particular order:

• MPD/DLNA is active (at least when trying to get JRiver to work)
    Rebooted the router, etc.  
  • Tried shutting off defender on my music server (dedicated win 10 machine)
  • I do have compatibility mode selected on the Rendu.  
  • Tried clearing DLNA cache and resetting mdp.  
  • Rebooted the Rendu a few times…I get a green light on the back on the Rendu.  
  • I use a latest version optical module fed from a simple unmanaged netgear switch with a cat 6 patch cord
  • I have DLNA enabled in JRiver (just like before)….
  • I have 24 bit audiophile renderer selected in JRiver (just like before) with all the DLNA options selected under advanced
  • my Rendu sees my PSA DAC as reported under DAC diagnostics.
  • Yes, I see the Rendu on my network by typing in its ip address.
  • other DLNA devices, like Samsung TVs show up without issue.

Roon works fine.  I do use both programs and switch back and forth often.  

thanks for any ideas.

edit: I had the Rendu name as Dale’sRendu (also tried Dale’s Rendu).  The Rendu software does not like the apostrophe.  Showed up as soon as I removed it.  I don’t recall what I called the Rendu in 2.8 but likely used the apostrophe.  

little more info for completeness, the Samsung tv, I mention above, is called Andrea’s TV, shows up in JRiver just fine.  Obviously no big deal but something interesting I think.  Software is always fun.

On 8/7/2023 at 8:22 PM, amsco15 said:

edit: I had the Rendu name as Dale’sRendu (also tried Dale’s Rendu).  The Rendu software does not like the apostrophe.  Showed up as soon as I removed it.  I don’t recall what I called the Rendu in 2.8 but likely used the apostrophe.  

Good catch.

On 8/6/2023 at 10:48 AM, simon_pepper said:

Is there any update on this?

thanks

Hi, I have now received my SD Card with the SO 2.9 release, however, has the issue with SonoreUPnP been resolved yet?

I am not going to boot up the newer version without support for SonoreUPnP, as this is the main function of the UltraRendu, to provide Roon support for my Naim NDS network player via its Ethernet input.
Thanks, Simon.

On 8/16/2023 at 12:18 PM, simon_pepper said:

Hi, I have now received my SD Card with the SO 2.9 release, however, has the issue with SonoreUPnP been resolved yet?

I am not going to boot up the newer version without support for SonoreUPnP, as this is the main function of the UltraRendu, to provide Roon support for my Naim NDS network player via its Ethernet input.
Thanks, Simon.

I see that SonoreUPnP Bridge is just not working, it is not part of the available apps shipped on the SD card.

Is there the intention to continue support for this element, where it will be made available in an update to SO 2.9 or that it, it stays on SO 2.8?

Anyway I have returned back to SO 2.8, so I can continue to use SonoreUPnP Bridge to provide the Bridge between Roon and my Naim NDS player.

On 8/17/2023 at 6:04 PM, simon_pepper said:

I see that SonoreUPnP Bridge is just not working, it is not part of the available apps shipped on the SD card.

Is there the intention to continue support for this element, where it will be made available in an update to SO 2.9 or that it, it stays on SO 2.8?

Anyway I have returned back to SO 2.8, so I can continue to use SonoreUPnP Bridge to provide the Bridge between Roon and my Naim NDS player.

For right now its on 2.8 if you need this feature. The other option is the Pi based unit that is available on the SGC website.   

1 hour ago, vortecjr said:

For right now its on 2.8 if you need this feature. The other option is the Pi based unit that is available on the SGC website.   

Yes, I do need this feature, it is used every day for my Naim NDS.

Have no intention of spending on another box, to replace something provided & supported with SonicOrbiterOS, plus the referenced Pi based dedicated unit is not available.

Given the SonicTransporter products also provides for the SonoreUPnP Bridge, also with an installed base, when does this move to SonicOrbiterOS 2.9?

3 minutes ago, simon_pepper said:

Yes, I do need this feature, it is used every day for my Naim NDS.

Have no intention of spending on another box, to replace something provided & supported with SonicOrbiterOS, plus the referenced Pi based dedicated unit is not available.

Given the SonicTransporter products also provides for the SonoreUPnP Bridge, also with an installed base, when does this move to SonicOrbiterOS 2.9?

Understood. The information was meant for others reading the post so they know the options.

SonicOrbiter OS 2.9 for the SonicTransporter series is under development, but I dont have a ETA at the moment.  

Any time line on updating HQP NAA to 4.5.0 on the new 2.9 Rendu OS?

• HQPE 1.4/1.5 MHz 20 Bit PCM
  • Streaming Qobuz or playing files from external SSD
  • Surface Go 3 i3 Tablet with HQPlayer Client
  • ISP Cable Modem -> Ethernet -> Sonore opticalModule 
  • Sonore opticalModule  -> 20m Fiber -> Sonore opticalModule -> Ethernet -> Managed Switch
  • Managed Switch -> Ethernet -> Sonore opticalModule Deluxe -> 5m Fiber -> Sonore Sig Rendu SE Optical ( HQPlayer NAA )
  • Managed Switch -> Ethernet ->Small Green Computer sonicTransporter i9 Optical ( HQPlayer Embedded )
  • Sonore Sig Rendu SE Optical -> USB -> Holo Audio KTE May
  • Holo Audio KTE May -> XLR -> Goldpoint SA1X/47 -> XLR to Decware ZBIT -> RCA to Decware ZSTAGE25 -> RCA to Decware SE84UFO25 -> Avantgarde Duo Omega Horns with Townshend Audio Ribbon Super Tweeters
  • Decware SE84UFO25 -> Speaker Level to Jensen IsoMax Balanced Converter -> XLR Rives PARC -> XLR Avantgarde SUB225s
Longtime user (and graduated upgrader) of Sonore products.

The transition from Microrendu to Ultrarendu to Signature Rendu and Signature RenduSE Optical has been impressive, to say the least. In conjunction with HQ Player, I’ve never had better sonics.

Looking forward (hopefully) to networking reliability improvements with new versions of the software…
On 8/22/2023 at 5:51 AM, topside3 said:

Anyone notice more audio drop-outs with v2.9? Also seems to lose connection requiring a reboot of the opticalRendu if I switch tracks quickly. Using it as a Roon endpoint only.

I've also experienced connection issues with my ultraRendu roughly every 24 hours. While the sound quality has vastly improved and I'd like to stay on v2.9, this problem is becoming quite bothersome. I'm using it as a Roon endpoint as well.

On 8/25/2023 at 9:37 PM, Guarnerian said:

I've also experienced connection issues with my ultraRendu roughly every 24 hours. While the sound quality has vastly improved and I'd like to stay on v2.9, this problem is becoming quite bothersome. I'm using it as a Roon endpoint as well.

That can be a router lease time setting. Try to log into your router and bump lease time to its max.

1 hour ago, vortecjr said:

That can be a router lease time setting. Try to log into your router and bump lease time to its max.

Thank you for the swift advice. On my dial-up router which distributes DHCP in my network, I cannot adjust the DHCP lease time. Furthermore, under previous OS versions, my ultraRendu operated flawlessly for more than 24 hours in this setting. I haven't observed such connection dropouts with any other network equipment either. I wonder if there were any significant changes regarding the network functionality in v2.9?

29 minutes ago, Guarnerian said:

Thank you for the swift advice. On my dial-up router which distributes DHCP in my network, I cannot adjust the DHCP lease time. Furthermore, under previous OS versions, my ultraRendu operated flawlessly for more than 24 hours in this setting. I haven't observed such connection dropouts with any other network equipment either. I wonder if there were any significant changes regarding the network functionality in v2.9?

If you are able to manage the Rendu then try going to settings and press save to restore playback.

1 minute ago, juniorbudel said:

Я пришел искать информацию о том, добавит ли версия 2.9 лучший SQ, и меня впечатлили свидетельства коллег, я не могу дождаться прибытия моего SD, доставка в Бразилию занимает много времени, прошел почти месяц, а я все еще не получил его.

Firmware 2.9 adds a lot to the sound quality. Better image placement, detail, and especially bass.
I also want to advise you to use a 4g modem for a router or a ready-made router with LTE. We get a complete galvanic isolation from the Internet. This dramatically improves the sound quality. And it is highly desirable to use a linear power supply to the router.

8 minutes ago, Dimas said:

O Firmware 2.9 acrescenta muito à qualidade do som. Melhor posicionamento de imagem, detalhes e principalmente graves.
Também quero aconselhá-lo a usar um modem 4G para roteador ou um roteador pronto com LTE. Obtemos um isolamento galvânico completo da Internet. Isso melhora drasticamente a qualidade do som. E é altamente desejável usar uma fonte de alimentação linear para o roteador.

Great! When I updated the OS from version 2.7 to 2.8 with UltraRendu I didn't notice any improvement in SQ, today I have OpticalRendu with OS 2.8.

My network is already well treated, linear sources on every dirty side of the set (routers and Core) fiber from the main router to the sound room (about 20 meters).

On 8/28/2023 at 9:46 PM, vortecjr said:

If you are able to manage the Rendu then try going to settings and press save to restore playback.

After pressing the 'Save Changes' button and rebooting my ultraRendu, exactly 24 hours later, the connection to the Roon server was lost in the middle of music playback. While I can still see the ultraRendu from sonicorbiter.com, pressing the 'Manage' button does not grant me access to it. The only remedy in this state seems to be unplugging and then re-plugging the power adapter. I'd like to note that I never experienced this issue with v2.8. I'm curious, is this symptom unique to my setup, or might it be related to some specific settings or functionalities introduced in v2.9?