IGNORED

T+A DAC 200

On 4/23/2023 at 11:39 AM, OE333 said:

Well, as promised:

I have uploaded the Update Tool, instructions and the current firmware for DAC200 and HA200 to Github.

https://github.com/OE333/DAC200-HA200-Update-Tool

Have fun.

-OE-

Was able to do the firmware update of a HA 200 with the original USB-network dongle (sold by T+A) and this software.

Worked flawless.

T+A MP 200, HA 200, A 200
T+A Solitaire P

Piega Premium 301

T+A Solitaire T

22 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

The T+A factory is sold out of DAC 200 units, in both colors :~)

Don't worry too much about that - T+A devices don't arrive in big containers - they are produced in-house in the T+A factory. So replenishment comes on a daily basis (as long as T+A gets enough electronic components from the suppliers).

T+A Fellow   (Head of R&D @ T+A 1989-2021)

(*) My postings represent my private and personal opinion and hopefully are helpful to the members of this forum

T+A MP200 | T+A DAC200 | T+A A200 | T+A Talis S300 | DAW: Core i7 8700K - Linux 5.4.0 - Roonserver + HQP | NAA on RockPiE (RK3328)

A friend considers getting DAC 200.  He finds it strange that firmware update requires USB to DB9 IC > DB9 to RJ45 adapter.  Can anyone explain the logic in T+A's choice for firmware update connection?  Why not just USB?  Why not a LAN connector?  

4 hours ago, LowOrbit said:

I don't understand the angst around firmware updates for the Dac200. This isn't a software defined dac like a DCS or Chord, nor a partially finished product from some small company needing to shift a beta product to get some cash flow.

It's a fully developed hardware product which sounds fantastic. Updates are likely to be utility changes of no great urgency. Not everything needs constant tweaking so why worry about it.

If you choose not to buy a dac like this because firmware changes are a pain you're truly missing the point.

My sentiments match yours exactly. I doubt anyone supports and endorses this DAC more than myself. I also have no control over the fact that a lifetime audio file approaching 80 years old has anxious feelings about updates. At the same time I do not want him to miss the pleasures of ownership, hence my questions. Plus I also want our dear friends in Georgia to make another sale.

I presume the brilliant engineers that designed this DAC had very good reasons for using the RJ45 input for updates, which just happens to be a little bit different from the norm.

The more I hear DAC 200 the more impressed am I.  If anyone in the vicinity (75 mins. NE of Salt Lake City) wants to AB my HQ Player > DAC 200 rig vs. any cost no object DAC, the system here is more than worthy of such comparison.  

A friend GH looked long and hard @ HQ Player but unfortunately decided it's just too much to setup and maintain.  So this system stays:

Qobuz > $16k Aurender N10 music player/server AES/EBU output (solely bit for bit PCM, whatever is Qobuz resolution for any particular music program up to the AES/EBU limit of 24/192) > $25k MSB Premier DAC (no $14k "Director" upgrade). 

What do members think of DAC 200 replacing MSB Premier?  Upgrade, downgrade, about the same...? 

TX! 

On 6/5/2023 at 5:23 PM, kishoreburidi said:

Hello everyone, This is Kishore from Singapore.

I just placed my order for DAC 200 with HDMI Module... Excited and waiting for the unit to arrive in a month's time hopefully :)

Awesome forum and keep it going with useful suggestions.

I use Antipodes S40 as my Roon core, so I can setup HQP embedded in it, need to figure out that part now...

I hope you are patient, I just heard that they have been very busy with Munich and that nothing is leaving the factory until at least next Friday. I had placed my order on the 16th but I have no idea what place I might be in the backlog, they say patience is a virtue...

On 5/23/2023 at 4:12 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi Guys, you have yourselves to thank for this sight. The T+A factory is sold out of DAC 200 units, in both colors :~)

I’m here today talking to the team and the one and only @OE333 !

IMG_8474.jpeg

I hope that will be filled up soon so that they can send me my ordered black one.

On 6/7/2023 at 9:21 PM, CharlieR said:

I hope you are patient, I just heard that they have been very busy with Munich and that nothing is leaving the factory until at least next Friday. I had placed my order on the 16th but I have no idea what place I might be in the backlog, they say patience is a virtue...

Do I have a choice? 🤣 

2 hours ago, nekky said:

Any recommendations on a good power cable for the DAC 200 that has a slim enough IEC connector?

The Shunyata Delta NR v2 should be a good fit.  Here you can see one plugged into an Antipodes K50. 

IMG_1442.thumb.jpeg.71ec7d5525c3ff1d79ecb382fb69a4ca.jpeg

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256