IGNORED

Audirvana Studio

15 hours ago, Dandou said:

Though SystemOptimizer was installed, Studio asks me from time to time to install it again, and the process ends with an error message… 

It's amazing that six months after its initial release, this player remains so buggy with so many frustrating dysfunctions. 

My trial ended and I forgot this buggy software..., I posted the same error message here and no answer!

If I can't listen Studio integrated with HQPlayer, I will not try it again. I'm back to Roon & HQPlayer integration.

... can't believe I have to relaunch Audirvana to see new Qobuz favourite albums (I use Qobuz app to find/add new stuff)

and, btw, every time I do it complains about "No Internet connection" and must quit/relaunch once more to enter my login/password

as I run Audirvana on an headless Mac Mini this is a true PITA!

🙄

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

9 minutes ago, audiojerry said:

I also believe that financially supporting AS is a worthwhile show of faith that Audirvana will continue to work on fixes and improvements.  But there are so many issues, and fixes come at a very slow pace. Does anyone know if Audirvana is basically made up of 1 or 2 individuals?

About more than two (though not many more I believe), but I don’t know how many do actual coding. Belonging to the Audirvana forum and giving precise bug reports are both very helpful.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

On 12/18/2021 at 4:49 PM, audiojerry said:

I also believe that financially supporting AS is a worthwhile show of faith that Audirvana will continue to work on fixes and improvements.  But there are so many issues, and fixes come at a very slow pace. Does anyone know if Audirvana is basically made up of 1 or 2 individuals?

I will continue to support them too and I don't think improvements come at a very slow pace (it's quite complex software. I think). A big mistake, in my opinion, is that their beta testing period was not good enough. They did make the same mistake with the former version; with that version they needed a lot of updates too and now the same is happening again.

Studio has reached a point of stability for me with their latest release 1.8.8 and using the latest iOS Remote software. I can now enjoy the music as opposed to wrestling with the software. Yes, there are bugs, but these are minor things that hopefully can be resolved in the future.

The sound quality is significantly superior to what I get from my Roon Nucleus +.

I am running Win 10 on a dedicated Asus ROG laptop with Thunderbolt drive for music. This streams to a Sonore Signature Rendu Optical feeding either an Ayre QX-5 Twenty or a Playback Designs MPD-8.

Steve Plaskin

1 hour ago, Mercman said:

Studio has reached a point of stability for me with their latest release 1.8.8 and using the latest iOS Remote software. I can now enjoy the music as opposed to wrestling with the software. Yes, there are bugs, but these are minor things that hopefully can be resolved in the future.

The sound quality is significantly superior to what I get from my Roon Nucleus +.

I am running Win 10 on a dedicated Asus ROG laptop with Thunderbolt drive for music. This streams to a Sonore Signature Rendu Optical feeding either an Ayre QX-5 Twenty or a Playback Designs MPD-8.

Okay, but for some people the bugs are bigger than yours, like mine, unfortunately. 

3 hours ago, DonaldM said:

If you use Studio in its basic form, like I do, there are no serious software issues. Only some minor user interface ones.

All the issues that I reported in an earlier post were at the most basic mode: Bit-perfect. And they are all new. These issues did not exist in past versions of Studio. 

43 minutes ago, Dandou said:

All the issues that I reported in an earlier post were at the most basic mode: Bit-perfect. And they are all new. These issues did not exist in past versions of Studio. 

I do recognize a lot of the bugs you reported, such as the one with SysOptimizer. But this one I have had from the beginning. Perhaps they should make this software less complicated.

On 12/20/2021 at 2:16 PM, Dandou said:

It would be interesting to understand why you experience so many problems, while I have next to none. Is it the different operating system, the attached hardware, the different file layout (AIFF, Flac, dsd, etc.), upsampling or not, etc. Maybe even tagging!?

it should not make a difference, but obviously it does…

Donald 

I gave all the details in the short report that I posted. 

I tried it with a Mac M1 Mini, in bit-perfect, with Allo USBridge as a streamer, Volumio and GentooPlayer editions, most of the files were ISO SATA. 

I have on my computers about 12 different audiophile players without dysfunctions. 

19 minutes ago, DonaldM said:

It would be interesting to understand why you experience so many problems, while I have next to none.

This is a big one for me. Trying to understand why certain system have issues and others don't. I've been on both sides of this coin. In my experience, I usually find something I changed, but forgot I'd changed it, or some unusually component or configuration. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

3 hours ago, Dandou said:

most of the files were ISO SATA

ISO SACD?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I too am trying it since they extended my free trial. It is irritating that it first tells me I have no internet, then I try again and it makes me enter my user name and password every time I start it, but it does not ask for a license key. I haven't experienced all of the other bugs but I haven't used it much either.

The main feature I find useful in Roon is Roon radio. I have yet to find a player that exposes me to so much "new to me" music so despite my issues with Roon, I continue to use it and probably will unless somebody else comes up with an equivalent to the radio feature. I also use HQP with Mitchco DSP room correction which I'm told doesn't  integrate into Audirvana unless you buy the Hang Loose software.

I do agree with Chris that all of these programs are a pittance compared to everything else I have invested, but like was also pointed out, the hardware I've spent a lot of money on actually work flawlessly. 

see my system at Audiogon  https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/768

Following today’s update of Studio, here is the change log of this 1.9.0 version:

MacOS:

• NEW: Local Favorites and Playlists backup (using command in Settings, Local page)

• Local library synchronization: Also synchronize audio files with corrupted metadata

• Volume control: Fix +/- buttons behavior with some devices where it previously set erroneously the volume to 0

• Search: remember active search sources

• Navigation: going back to a view with multiple items restores the expanded (“see all”) one

• Metadata editor: fix move to previous/next track

• Radios and Podcsats: show all favorites, even if there are more than 20

• Other minor fixes

Windows 10:

• NEW: Local Favorites and Playlists backup (using command in Settings, Local page)

• Local library synchronization: Also synchronize audio files with corrupted metadata

• Search: remember active search sources

• Radios and Podcasts: show all favorites, even if there are more than 20

• Folders view: fix scroll for long tracks lists

• Other minor fixes

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13