IGNORED

ASR Audio Science Review forum YouTube Channel

asdf1000

4 minutes ago, asdf1000 said:

You're still talking about DACs and I said the site has moved well past and onto things that produce sound (speakers and headphones) and the things that drive those (amps).

You are right you shouldn't care about DACs ! DACs are solved by the competent Engineers - even by Schiit Audio now (they are sending DACs to Amir to measure and doing well). 

Not sure why you single out Chinese but you're not reading what I wrote before or conveniently ignoring - RME engineer is there and product measured superbly, Chord Qutest measured superbly. 

Benchmark DAC, superb.

Universal Audio's top end pro audio interface measured state of the art.

Please read my examples carefully and no need to bring Chinese into it? Even though many of them have solved the DAC performance thing too.

The funniest thing with the Schiit example is that the Engineers of Schiit products listened and changed their engineering and now send gear to Amir. But the consumers are still stuck in their mindset. 

i find that comical

But move beyond DACs. And forget about the engineers being on the forum if that is distracting you.

KEF R3, Genelec monitors, KRK monitors, Neumann monitors, Sennheiser headphones, Dan Clarke headphones, Purifi based amps, Hypex based amps, THX based amps - all getting great measurements and recommendations.

The whinging about measurements has become silly when you look at the overall picture

Respectfully please don't bring up DACs again 😃

I think we have a major miscommunication issue. I don’t want to taint our other good forum conversations that are productive 🙂

I just don’t understand the appeal to authority, but I have a feeling you aren’t trying to do that even though that’s what I see. This, I’ll stop now and say that I’ll continue to enjoy our discussions on the Merging Anubis. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Just now, asdf1000 said:

I see Teresa has seen this thread (which was the main point - so that she knew Amir wasn't an Asian woman 😄).

I never intended it to be a pro vs anti-ASR discussion but it somehow ended up like that.

I'm happy for you to have the last word here and close the thread.

I'm pretty sure that if we were all sitting together enjoying a beverage of our choice, that the discussion would be much more enjoyable. It can be hard to discuss some stuff via keyboard :~)

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 hour ago, plissken said:

You leveled this type of criticism at Archimago. I think if I turned on monetization on my YT videos for the $0.007 it would make me I'd get painted with the same brush. Is there anything more than a gut feeling you have on this?

I said everything in my post. 

3 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Chris

Unless, I missed it at a quick look,   Hydrogen Audio also appears to be silent on this issue, so perhaps something else IS at play here ? If they have discussed it, it certainly isn't in the General area in the last several months.

Alex

That's not a HiFi site. 

14 minutes ago, sandyk said:

You could associate quite a few Audio Reviewer  names,  and a few forums to that one ? 😉

Why has a forum with Audio in it's name (Hydrogen Audio)  and has such a high % of qualified technical members been silent on this issue for 3 years ? MQA is one of the biggest technical advances (if you believe the hype) in recent years .

That’s a question for the members of that site.