IGNORED

Article: Ed Meitner Discusses DS Audio, Optical Phono Pre, One Bit, MQA, and More

3 hours ago, barrows said:

Wow, thanks for this Chris and Mr. Meitner.  This is fantastic stuff here.

2 hours ago, RickyV said:

Good interview Chris.

And what a great character and awesome guy Ed Meitner is. I really like to hear the greats in audio design talk about there philosophy, history and design.

Thank you very much. Should you have any more questions please don't hesitate to contact us directly. We hope that there will be a 'Part 2' based on their dinner conversations later that evening... Let's make it happen Chris!

EMM RMAF35.jpg

2 hours ago, Archimago said:

Nice Chris.

Love Meitner's frank commentary on (lack of) jitter these days, use of switching power supplies, MQA being a "marketing decision", USB interface, "crucial"ness of measurements... No surprise to many of us!

What an audio geek :-). Should have visited EMM Labs back in the day when I used to live in Calgary!

We have an open door policy should you ever find yourself back in Calgary... just let us know! 

Thanks for your nice comments :)

10 minutes ago, EMM Labs said:

Thank you very much. Should you have any more questions please don't hesitate to contact us directly. We hope that there will be a 'Part 2' based on their dinner conversations later that evening... Let's make it happen Chris!

EMM RMAF35.jpg

Wow mind blown over here. Mr. Meitner are there any plans to updates the ma1 dac, v3? Maybe a new output stage or new sw for the fpga?

Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers, scan speak illuminator.

Raal Requisite VM-1a -> SR-1a with Accurate Sound convolution.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus, Qobuz.

Modded Buffalo-fiber-EtherRegen, DC3- Isoregen, Lush^2

18 hours ago, EMM Labs said:

We have an open door policy should you ever find yourself back in Calgary... just let us know! 

Thanks for your nice comments :)

I'm driving down to Calgary today as a matter of fact to visit my parents, but sadly, no time to pop in for a visit. Maybe next time I'm down I might stop by!

CAPS Pipeline with HDPlex Linear PSU running Win10 64 bit, AO 2.0, RoonServer, HQPlayer -> T+A DAC8 DSD -> Linear Tube Audio's MicroZOTL2 Headphone Amp with Mojo Audio's Illuminati Linear PSU -> Focal Utopia/Audeze LCD-3

Eager to watch, though it'll have to wait until this evening. Calgary and Vancouver are two of my favorite places on Earth. Great memories of skiing at Lake Louise, hiking around Moraine Lake, having a beer or two at the Stampede and Banff Springs Hotel....

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

• 3 months later...
On 9/23/2019 at 3:27 PM, RickyV said:

Wow mind blown over here. Mr. Meitner are there any plans to updates the ma1 dac, v3? Maybe a new output stage or new sw for the fpga?

Something that we think about often - how can we keep our long-time customers happy? If we can improve the performance of the product at a price-point that is acceptable we will always consider it. Please bear with us and follow us on our website and social media to stay in the know...

Thank you for your support @RickyV 🙏🏼

7 hours ago, EMM Labs said:

Something that we think about often - how can we keep our long-time customers happy? If we can improve the performance of the product at a price-point that is acceptable we will always consider it. Please bear with us and follow us on our website and social media to stay in the know...

Thank you for your support @RickyV 🙏🏼

Congratulations on your new DAC. Gathering from the nice review from Chris it sounds like another fantastic DAC. Hopefully I hear it sometime. 

Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers, scan speak illuminator.

Raal Requisite VM-1a -> SR-1a with Accurate Sound convolution.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus, Qobuz.

Modded Buffalo-fiber-EtherRegen, DC3- Isoregen, Lush^2