IGNORED

Rendu Support Thread

2 hours ago, jma2 said:

Thank you for trying it out! Which Ayre DAC did you use (I assume a QB9-Twenty since you replicated my setup)?

What do you mean with "driver is not working"?

Is that something on the ORendu (how could this be resolved?)? Or is that something on the QB9-Twenty (for which supposedly I should get in touch with Ayre (Ryan Berry))?

In other words, how could this non-working driver issue be identified/confirmed and resolved?

Thanks in advance for your response!

It’s something we need to fix...Ill keep you posted here.

9 hours ago, vortecjr said:

It’s something we need to fix...Ill keep you posted here.

Clear.

And no rush! If there is anything I can do to help (e.g. getting log files, try something, or anything else), just ask.

The sonicTransporter runs 2.7, there is not ( yet? ) a 2.8 version for it.

I think your microRendu can be upgraded to 2.8 by purchasing the micro SD card for it. ( 2.7 > 2.8 requires an SD card purchase )

I prefer to keep current so as not to fall behind and have things start to malfunction and to keep up with current features.

The apps on your ST, mR and oR can usually be updated by going into your software manager and hitting update ( so long as the updated apps are available )

• HQPE 1.4/1.5 MHz 20 Bit PCM
  • Streaming Qobuz or playing files from external SSD
  • Surface Go 3 i3 Tablet with HQPlayer Client
  • ISP Cable Modem -> Ethernet -> Sonore opticalModule 
  • Sonore opticalModule  -> 20m Fiber -> Sonore opticalModule -> Ethernet -> Managed Switch
  • Managed Switch -> Ethernet -> Sonore opticalModule Deluxe -> 5m Fiber -> Sonore Sig Rendu SE Optical ( HQPlayer NAA )
  • Managed Switch -> Ethernet ->Small Green Computer sonicTransporter i9 Optical ( HQPlayer Embedded )
  • Sonore Sig Rendu SE Optical -> USB -> Holo Audio KTE May
  • Holo Audio KTE May -> XLR -> Goldpoint SA1X/47 -> XLR to Decware ZBIT -> RCA to Decware ZSTAGE25 -> RCA to Decware SE84UFO25 -> Avantgarde Duo Omega Horns with Townshend Audio Ribbon Super Tweeters
  • Decware SE84UFO25 -> Speaker Level to Jensen IsoMax Balanced Converter -> XLR Rives PARC -> XLR Avantgarde SUB225s
9 minutes ago, Theobetley said:

How do I reset Sonicorbiter when I cannot get into Manage Mysonicorbiter? Hqp shows no connection to my dac through my Etherregen and Microrendu.

Maybe just pull the power of your SonicTransporter. Spend a minute and checking all your Ethernet cables. Power on. Do you have a router you can access ip-addresses of your network? Do you know the IP you like to access ? Have you set fixed IP’s ?

Or is it the Rendu that’s the problem ?

(Still try power off). 

You are trying http://sonicorbiter.com/ ?

Do I understand correctly that you open sonicorbiter.com, but no server or player is shown to manage?  If so, try entering the address directly for your sonictransporter.  I have that issue with VPN engaged, but can just use the sonictransporter address or inactivate the VPN.

I had issues with my microRendu and ended up ordering a new card, 2.8 software.  The new card apparently resolved my problems on connecting and maintaining connection.  I do not believe it is the new software per se, but rather the old card most likely became corrupted or damaged.  Prior to finally needing to replace the card, i had some success removing the card from the microRendu when powered down and re-inserting and then powering up.  That worked for awhile.

2 hours ago, Theobetley said:

Tried the power off of the Rendu still no connection. I saw your post under Hqp and I added .8088/config to the IP under Mysonicotrbiter and still no success. I have tried resetting my router nothing seems to work.

Do you know the IP address of the Rendu ?

What lights do you see ?

11 hours ago, Theobetley said:

Tried the power off of the Rendu still no connection

There are 3 possible errors that needs to be sorted out. 

1 network (cable, switches)

2 your power supply 

3 dead Rendu or bad SD card. 

Can you explain how you’re sure that your power supply is OK. And what PS are you using. 

Can you tell us the status lights of your Rendu
Can you plug the Rendu direct to your router, and are you able to open some DHCP and find it’s assigned IP address or just use the http://sonicorbiter.com/ 
Have you been able to remove and properly Insert back the SD card.

If you don’t have the 2.8 version card, it’s a good idea to order in any case. 

There are two places, 

Sound Preferences in the Preferences App

and

Audio Midi in the Utilities folder.

If both of those are set to use the default internal speakers as the computers sound output, they should be, then the problem is in Roon and Audirvana. Go to those apps and reset the sound output devices for each app.

No electron left behind.

3 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

There are two places, 

Sound Preferences in the Preferences App

and

Audio Midi in the Utilities folder.

If both of those are set to use the default internal speakers as the computers sound output, they should be, then the problem is in Roon and Audirvana. Go to those apps and reset the sound output devices for each app.

Will try. In A+ in pref's it won't see MicroRendu and not sure I know where to reset the sound output in Roon.

13 hours ago, Jamesroy said:

Music won't play in Roon or Audirvana Plus. All cables secure, did a system restart (on a Mac). So it's not a Roon problem since A+ won't pay either. Help Please?

1 Go to Settings / RoonReady and press Save.

2. The Rendu needs to see your DAC before it will show up in Roon.

2a. To verify if the Rendu sees yours DAC go to Apps / DAC Diagnostics. If the DAC is not listed you may have to remove and reconnect the USB cable, then refresh the page.

2b. If your DAC is still not listed try power cycling (remove the AC cable and reinsert) the DAC followed by power cycling the Rendu (remove the DC cable and reinsert) and then go to Apps / DAC Diagnostics.

3. Now go to Roon and in Settings / Audio Devices Enable the Rendu for playback.

4. From the Roon main screen make sure the Rendu is selected as the output device.   

For DLNA/MPD on step one go to Settings / DLNA/MPD and press Save.