IGNORED

Rendu Support Thread

2 minutes ago, iLguapo said:

Ok, I tested a ovolt battery and it red 9.04

then I plugged the power supply plugged in the output cable and that read 6.94

1 minute ago, iLguapo said:

Wow , I tested the end of the plug again and now it reads 0.05

OK., perhaps you have a bad DC cable with an intermittent connection?  If you move it around a bit, can you get it to read 6.94 VDC again?

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

Hi, I updated my software to 2.8, rebooted, but the version still shows as 2.7.  I tried multiple times.  Any suggestions?

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

25 minutes ago, Blake said:

Hi, I updated my software to 2.8, rebooted, but the version still shows as 2.7.  I tried multiple times.  Any suggestions?

Yes. The 2.8 version is on a new sdcard you can buy from Sonore or one of its partners, with a much newer version of the OS (as has happened once before). The page just indicates it is available. 

When I go to the sonic orbiter page, my UltraRendu shows up, just fine.  I then click on the "Manage" button but they it says "the site can't be reached".  

I tried plugging the UltraRendu off and on, but the problem persists.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Blake,

Are you cycling the power off and back on or disconnecting and reconnecting the Ethernet cable?

Every now and then I have to disconnect and reconnect the Ethernet cable for my Rendus to show up.

Also, in your internet connection properties, are your settings allowing network devices to be "discoverable"? 

If the LED on the rear panel is not green, you more than likely not connected and are a no go.

You have to purchase 2.8 on a new mini SD card to upgrade the software.

• HQPE 1.4/1.5 MHz 20 Bit PCM
  • Streaming Qobuz or playing files from external SSD
  • Surface Go 3 i3 Tablet with HQPlayer Client
  • ISP Cable Modem -> Ethernet -> Sonore opticalModule 
  • Sonore opticalModule  -> 20m Fiber -> Sonore opticalModule -> Ethernet -> Managed Switch
  • Managed Switch -> Ethernet -> Sonore opticalModule Deluxe -> 5m Fiber -> Sonore Sig Rendu SE Optical ( HQPlayer NAA )
  • Managed Switch -> Ethernet ->Small Green Computer sonicTransporter i9 Optical ( HQPlayer Embedded )
  • Sonore Sig Rendu SE Optical -> USB -> Holo Audio KTE May
  • Holo Audio KTE May -> XLR -> Goldpoint SA1X/47 -> XLR to Decware ZBIT -> RCA to Decware ZSTAGE25 -> RCA to Decware SE84UFO25 -> Avantgarde Duo Omega Horns with Townshend Audio Ribbon Super Tweeters
  • Decware SE84UFO25 -> Speaker Level to Jensen IsoMax Balanced Converter -> XLR Rives PARC -> XLR Avantgarde SUB225s
10 hours ago, Blake said:

When I go to the sonic orbiter page, my UltraRendu shows up, just fine.  I then click on the "Manage" button but they it says "the site can't be reached".  

The units shows up on the sonicorbiter website for a while, but if the unit is not booting up then eventually it will be removed from the list. It sounds like the unit is not booting up and you may need a new SD card. Pick one up from our website under software. 

11 hours ago, Blake said:

You may need to reboot your router/modem as well. 

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

3 hours ago, vortecjr said:

The units shows up on the sonicorbiter website for a while, but if the unit is not booting up then eventually it will be removed from the list. It sounds like the unit is not booting up and you may need a new SD card. Pick one up from our website under software. 

Thanks, I ordered the card yesterday.

3 hours ago, charlesphoto said:

You may need to reboot your router/modem as well. 

Tried that as well.  As of this morning, my UltraRendu does not even show up in sonic orbiter. Hopefully the new card will sort things out.

UPDATE:  Just worked my way around the rack and the light on the UltraRendu is red, not green.

5 hours ago, MrDerrick said:

Blake,

Are you cycling the power off and back on or disconnecting and reconnecting the Ethernet cable?

Every now and then I have to disconnect and reconnect the Ethernet cable for my Rendus to show up.

Also, in your internet connection properties, are your settings allowing network devices to be "discoverable"? 

If the LED on the rear panel is not green, you more than likely not connected and are a no go.

You have to purchase 2.8 on a new mini SD card to upgrade the software.

The UltaRendu has been powered off, rebooted and ethernet cable plugged and unplugged.  All other devices on the network are working (Melco N1/A2).  The light is red.

On 5/8/2020 at 12:16 AM, barrows said:

Nominal input voltage is 230 VAC.  A bit higher voltage is not a problem, only very low line voltage (<220 VAC) would be a problem.  But I would be perhaps a little concerned if your line voltage went above 245 VAC or so, but I also suspect that regulations do not allow for voltages that high to be present in your country?

Yes, it is quite crazy in Sydney, I tried with a multimeter, it showed 247v.

IMG_5390.jpg.97bde8a688f5e0ca6d867dab2f59f8cb.jpg

On 4/29/2019 at 9:22 PM, chetthejet said:

Andrew did some sort of TeamViewer/Putty magic stuff and fixed the problem today.  Awesome support, as usual and many thanks to you both!!

Hi,

Has Andrew’s fix permanently solved your issue?

I am seeing the exact same behaviour occur on the Sonicorbiter home page whereby my OpticalRendu disappears from ‘Network Players‘ but is still visible on the network and still permits playback. It occurs typically once a day and is resolved by removing and restoring power to the OR. After a welcome, but ultimately fruitless, VPN session, Andrew suggested it may be attributable to noise from the 7.5V (4.8A) Meanwell SMPS feeding the OR, and I now have a 7V LPSU on order to see if it helps. Come what may, I guess it makes sense to use a good power supply with the endpoint (the Meanwell was the only supply I had with sufficient amperage as my LPS-1.2 couldn’t cope). 
Incidentally, I am using Roon and HQPe (not Squeezelite).
This strange ‘first world problem’ seems to have coincided with the introduction of a v2.8 SD card. I’d obviously like to rectify it if at all possible, however, as it is inconvenient when I want to use the App switcher, for example.

Hey BlueDL,

I have not had the issue since then.  Between then and now, I've done the upgrade to the 2.8 (I was on 2.7 at the time of the problem).  OTOH, I've got an UltraRendu, using the off-the-shelf Meanwell PS.  Probably means nothing with regard to this problem, but just figured it was worth mentioning.

27 minutes ago, chetthejet said:

Hey BlueDL,

I have not had the issue since then.  Between then and now, I've done the upgrade to the 2.8 (I was on 2.7 at the time of the problem).  OTOH, I've got an UltraRendu, using the off-the-shelf Meanwell PS.  Probably means nothing with regard to this problem, but just figured it was worth mentioning.

Thanks for the rapid reply.

i’m not convinced it’s a noise issue (I locate the OR away from other units and the Meanwell worked fine with the microRendu that I used to own), but I’ve been wrong before, so I’ll see what pans out. Maybe I got a flawed SD card, that’s another possibility.

JR, Andrew, Barrows,

I need your help.

I have a very strange problem. My uRendu running 2.8 suddenly does not work in NAA mode. It stopped working at the end of a track. When the next track did not play I checked HQP and the dreaded " NAA not found" message was showing. There was nothing different in my system from one track to the next.

I checked and the DAC (Spring 2) is showing in DAC Diagnostics and when I switched to Roon Ready it plays fine. When I switched back to NAA mode it still is not being seen by HQPlayer.

I have a spare 2.8 SD card which I tried without any luck. I have re-booted everything (PC, Router, Switch, HDPlex PS and uRendu) several times and still no luck. I also reverted to HQP 4.4 and then re-loaded 4.5 without success.

I checked the "allow network control" setting in HQP and that is turned on.

I tried another USB cable and that did not help.

Is there some physical piece of hardware inside the uRendu that could have failed?

I am stumped. All help appreciated.

Thanks

I think my microRendu 1.4 has had it.  This evening it 'consumed' a Sonicorbiter card - which simply went deep into the slot as if the spring loaded part on the inside wasn't there. It's impossible to remove.

The reason for removing the card in the first place, originated from me wanting to change my DAC.  This obviously meant I needed to set the new DAC up in the app.  But when I went to Sonicorbiter.com it appeared that my mR was frozen or locked on screen - see below.  Clicking "Manage" would not open the Menu as normal - I tried many times.  Eventually I even went into my server and deleted the mR from my list of managed devices.  But still the screen was locked like this.

So the next move was to replace my 2.8 card with the 2.7 I had kept safely.  I took the 2.8 out, absolutely like normal - and then the 2.7 went in and simply disappeared. I guess the only other thing I can do now would be to unscrew the mR and take it apart, to see if there's anything I can do to save this product.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? The sad part is that it was working beautifully - sounding great.  

Thanks for any advice.

1396973673_ScreenShot2020-05-12at11_45_10PM.thumb.png.ea22b4248fbec3ceafa11af4023cd97e.png

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

12 minutes ago, OldBigEars said:

I think my microRendu 1.4 has had it.  This evening it 'consumed' a Sonicorbiter card - which simply went deep into the slot as if the spring loaded part on the inside wasn't there. It's impossible to remove.

The reason for removing the card in the first place, originated from me wanting to change my DAC.  This obviously meant I needed to set the new DAC up in the app.  But when I went to Sonicorbiter.com it appeared that my mR was frozen or locked on screen - see below.  Clicking "Manage" would not open the Menu as normal - I tried many times.  Eventually I even went into my server and deleted the mR from my list of managed devices.  But still the screen was locked like this.

So the next move was to replace my 2.8 card with the 2.7 I had kept safely.  I took the 2.8 out, absolutely like normal - and then the 2.7 went in and simply disappeared. I guess the only other thing I can do now would be to unscrew the mR and take it apart, to see if there's anything I can do to save this product.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? The sad part is that it was working beautifully - sounding great.  

Thanks for any advice.

1396973673_ScreenShot2020-05-12at11_45_10PM.thumb.png.ea22b4248fbec3ceafa11af4023cd97e.png

I haven't experienced the problems that led you to want to try the previous SD card, but I definitely have had rendus swallow up SD cards.  When inserting them, one's aim has to be truer than is my old guy vision.

The card is easy enough to retrieve if you have the right magnetized tip screwdriver. (I got mine at Home Depot.)   Just unscrew the two tiny screws on the faceplate, shake out the "lost" card, reinsert it into the reader slot, and screw the faceplate back into place.  

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

11 hours ago, chetthejet said:

Hey BlueDL,

That power supply will not give you the best sound quality though:)

4 hours ago, OldBigEars said:

Thanks for any advice.

Sounds like you missed the hole:) Open it up and retrieve it. The manage button will not work if the unit is not powered on and fully booted.

4 hours ago, Mike Rubin said:

I haven't experienced the problems that led you to want to try the previous SD card, but I definitely have had rendus swallow up SD cards.  When inserting them, one's aim has to be truer than is my old guy vision.

The card is easy enough to retrieve if you have the right magnetized tip screwdriver. (I got mine at Home Depot.)   Just unscrew the two tiny screws on the faceplate, shake out the "lost" card, reinsert it into the reader slot, and screw the faceplate back into place.  

It’s Torx type screw I forget the size since mine a pretty worn out. 

7 hours ago, bobflood said:

JR, Andrew, Barrows,

I need your help.

I have a very strange problem. My uRendu running 2.8 suddenly does not work in NAA mode. It stopped working at the end of a track. When the next track did not play I checked HQP and the dreaded " NAA not found" message was showing. There was nothing different in my system from one track to the next.

I checked and the DAC (Spring 2) is showing in DAC Diagnostics and when I switched to Roon Ready it plays fine. When I switched back to NAA mode it still is not being seen by HQPlayer.

I have a spare 2.8 SD card which I tried without any luck. I have re-booted everything (PC, Router, Switch, HDPlex PS and uRendu) several times and still no luck. I also reverted to HQP 4.4 and then re-loaded 4.5 without success.

I checked the "allow network control" setting in HQP and that is turned on.

I tried another USB cable and that did not help.

Is there some physical piece of hardware inside the uRendu that could have failed?

I am stumped. All help appreciated.

Thanks

HQ Player / NAA can be a bit unforgiving. You have done everything I would have suggested, but you didn’t mention power cycling the DAC.  

4 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Sounds like you missed the hole:) Open it up and retrieve it. The manage button will not work if the unit is not powered on and fully booted.

I'll open it up this evening and will hopefully retrieve it.  The manage button....yes, I know it needs to be powered on and booted.  Before messing around changing the card and deleting it from my network I probably should have powered it off. I'll try everything I can think of this evening to get it working.

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's