IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

1 minute ago, ASRMichael said:

Why not use Optane for Euphony OS. Then have your music on separate drive. You’ll get better SQ by having your music on a NAS or Separate PC. 

I have a separate 2TB SSD as my music drive and it is connected with a JCAT SATA cable. I thought Optane will not be compatible with my motherboard, but apparently it can be and there are two options - msata to M2 adapter or an external USB3 M2 enclosure. I am not sure though if this is worth the extra spend 

4 minutes ago, al2813 said:

I assume you have a Roon subscription? If yes then you just need to select Roon as the Audio player. 

Yes, I do, lifetime subscription. Unfortunately, at the start of the trial period, I had to inactivate Roon on Stylus, and now I can't seem to re-activate it 😬

Just now, biosailor said:

Yes, I do, lifetime subscription. Unfortunately, at the start of the trial period, I had to inactivate Roon on Stylus, and now I can't seem to re-activate it 😬

You can select and deselect Roon - I've done that, and it works. If not then just open a ticket. You get a quick response. 

19 minutes ago, biosailor said:

The tracks of an individual album are perfectly well contained in one single folder. I'll contact Euphony. It's annoying!

In the example you post, the track 1 is "Various Artist"

so check in the tag of the track 1 that the artist (and album artist) is "Duke Jordan"

Finally managed to get Euphony/Roon working fully! Sounds MUCH better than running Roon alone.

For the moment, I am running Euphony on an old MacBook Air with a 6 TB HDD holding my library and straight USB-connected to my Devialet.

I guess at one point I should set up a NUC or similar for hosting Euphony.

Thanks for all the good input I got here!

6B54F6B6-CB36-4054-9E9E-6D95FBFC987A.jpeg

1 minute ago, biosailor said:

Finally managed to get Euphony/Roon working fully! Sounds MUCH better than running Roon alone.

For the moment, I am running Euphony on an old MacBook Air with a 6 TB HDD holding my library and straight USB-connected to my Devialet.

I guess at one point I should set up a NUC or similar for hosting Euphony.

Thanks for all the good input I got here!

6B54F6B6-CB36-4054-9E9E-6D95FBFC987A.jpeg

That's the next worthwhile upgrade. I am running Euphony on an Optane in an i7 NUC with linear PS and it is so much better than my old PC

22 minutes ago, Speedy381 said:

That's the next worthwhile upgrade. I am running Euphony on an Optane in an i7 NUC with linear PS and it is so much better than my old PC

For a first step, I just wanted to have Euphony set up in my system, so the only free PC I had was an old MacBook Air (I was unable to get it running on my MacMini 2018, possibly because of the T2 security chip). 
I am still running the trial version, so I didn’t want to have any other expenses. It’s clear to me, I‘ll buy a permanent license.

I have a SonicTransporter i5 available with Roon server integrated. I could use this, but I‘d have to couple it with, say, a Microrendu to generate a USB connection. I need to research if that would work.

I already tried RopieeeXL. Stylus does recognize it, but wouldn’t play! Maybe with Roon server I could get it running.

Lots of things to try. It‘s fun!

3 hours ago, biosailor said:

The tracks of an individual album are perfectly well contained in one single folder. I'll contact Euphony. It's annoying!

My guess is that your tags are different and that's why they files show up as different albums.  If they are in different folders they will show up separately as well.

Any chance you can put 2 tracks that you think should be in the same album in dropbox and we can look at the tags?

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

3 hours ago, al2813 said:

I thought Optane will not be compatible with my motherboard,

My Asus MB really not supporting an Optane memory in a proper way, but it can be using as regular ssd, in my case I did so and move Euphony boot from usb stick to Optane (but only fully registered Euphony OS can be move to internal drives inputs any king) and it booting very very fast.

55 minutes ago, dminches said:

My guess is that your tags are different and that's why they files show up as different albums.  If they are in different folders they will show up separately as well.

Any chance you can put 2 tracks that you think should be in the same album in dropbox and we can look at the tags?

Will try to do that. Now that I run Stylus in Roon mode, all albums show up perfectly fine, unsplit!

1 hour ago, dminches said:

You're spot on: I inspected Duke Jordan's eight track album 'Flight to Jordan' with kid3 tagger. It appears that track 1 has a line with the 'Composer', whereas tracks 2-8 lack the entry of the composer.

So I nee3d to re-tag quite a few albums!

DJ_1.png

DJ_2.png

Hi everyone, in my pc configuration I have the music files in an ssd connected with a sata cable, many users claim to hear consistent improvements using sata cables like jcat etc, but the question is: in the case of Euphony using the ramroot it makes sense spend the money on a high quality sata cable or would it be better to install a ram such as Apacer ECC instead? eventually considering the maximum resolution of my files and 128 DSD what ram size do you recommend? thank you so much

6 hours ago, maxst67 said:

Hi everyone, in my pc configuration I have the music files in an ssd connected with a sata cable, many users claim to hear consistent improvements using sata cables like jcat etc, but the question is: in the case of Euphony using the ramroot it makes sense spend the money on a high quality sata cable or would it be better to install a ram such as Apacer ECC instead? eventually considering the maximum resolution of my files and 128 DSD what ram size do you recommend? thank you so much

the minimum amount of RAM I'd suggest is the amount that will let you use ramroot + fully buffer a typical DSD album of the rate you play. I haven't had any issues

with 16 GB so far but if I played opera at DSD rates I suppose more could be needed...

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

@biosailor

You can also try doing Full-Rescan of the offending album folder: navigate to the folder from Files view and click blue database icon on the top right while holding CTRL key.

If you have multiple album folders with the problem go up in the folder hierarchy and do Full-Rescan there.

Also, Composer tag is not part of the album identification so different Composer tags should not cause this problem..

On 1/17/2021 at 9:47 AM, biosailor said:

You're spot on: I inspected Duke Jordan's eight track album 'Flight to Jordan' with kid3 tagger. It appears that track 1 has a line with the 'Composer', whereas tracks 2-8 lack the entry of the composer.

So I nee3d to re-tag quite a few albums!

You can compare and edit within stylus, see screen below. Changes can be saved with local database or at source location. Just check the pencil box

for what you want to edit

image.thumb.png.933288fa57a668f14541e15f25368651.png

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

23 minutes ago, c-w said:

@biosailor

You can also try doing Full-Rescan of the offending album folder: navigate to the folder from Files view and click blue database icon on the top right while holding CTRL key.

If you have multiple album folders with the problem go up in the folder hierarchy and do Full-Rescan there.

Also, Composer tag is not part of the album identification so different Composer tags should not cause this problem..

Thanks, Will try.

After having a good look at my albums, I must say I need to re-tag man. I swapped them a lot between computers and tagging softwares, no wonder they got messed up. I‘m surprised I see nothing of this in Roon.

25 minutes ago, davide256 said:

You can compare and edit within stylus, see screen below. Changes can be saved with local database or at source location. Just check the pencil box

for what you want to edit

image.thumb.png.933288fa57a668f14541e15f25368651.png

Good to know! I am only beginning to grasp Euphony‘s deeper menus.

Thanks, I‘ll try!

Just trying the following: I had my MacBook Air USB-ed straight into my Devialet. I have a SonicTransporter i5 hanging around onto which I‘ll try to boot Euphony. Now the SonicTransporter has no USB, only Ethernet to a switch. 
So for a trial, I disconnected the USB cable from the MacBook and plugged it into a Raspberry Pi 4 running RopieeeXL. And voilà, it works nicely! Can hardly believe it, am I doing everything alright?

I‘ll try the same thing tomorrow with my SonicTransporter. Lots of fun things to try!

1FADAF59-E95E-4D2A-B842-7A4348EBAD0B.png

On 1/13/2021 at 10:12 AM, ASRMichael said:

Settings menu - System info Tab - 9th item down on the list

I thought this would be easy...

I installed the new card and send the new fingerprint via a support ticket.  I was sent a new voucher code.  When I enter it on the registration page I am getting an "incorrect voucher code" error.  I emailed them about it but I haven't gotten a response.  Hopefully this gets resolved quickly.

My error.  I wasn't entering it in the right place.  All set.

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

7 hours ago, biosailor said:

Thanks, Will try.

After having a good look at my albums, I must say I need to re-tag man. I swapped them a lot between computers and tagging softwares, no wonder they got messed up. I‘m surprised I see nothing of this in Roon.

Roon reminds me of the old AOL dialer, you know the one they called “the internet on training wheels”... there’s some good user error proofing in how it organizes music

Regards,

Dave

Audio system