IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

4 hours ago, Gbn said:

hello, someone can tell me if there is a difference to run Euphony from a key or it is better to load it on an internal ssd, I am still using the trial version and therefore I can not do the test. Thank you

Don’t sweat it, internal drive is more convenient but matters little for trial evaluation 

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

13 hours ago, Gbn said:

hello, someone can tell me if there is a difference to run Euphony from a key or it is better to load it on an internal ssd, I am still using the trial version and therefore I can not do the test. Thank you

I had better success loading it from an internal SSD but YMMV

On 1/11/2022 at 11:45 AM, davide256 said:

Bought a NUC 11i3TNH, turned off secure boot but can't get it to fully launch Euphony no matter how long I wait. Euphony show up in IP address scan but no http access,

boot screen shows no errors, boot complete. Working fine now off HQP NAA boot stick. Anyone had this problem and solved it? Running off JS-2 PS at 12V.

Opened ticket, after some investigation Željko advised NUC has newer ethernet HW thats not currently supported in Euphony Linux kernel, will have to wait for version 4. So

if considering the new 11TNH series of NUC's for Stylus, best to hold off until thats available

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

11 hours ago, davide256 said:

Opened ticket, after some investigation Željko advised NUC has newer ethernet HW thats not currently supported in Euphony Linux kernel, will have to wait for version 4. So

if considering the new 11TNH series of NUC's for Stylus, best to hold off until thats available

Faced same issue … temporary workaround is to use a USB to ethernet adapter.  

hello, I use a nuc i3 6100U with 32 Gb of ram, I disabled both the wifi and the blue thoot from the bios and everything I could disable except the network card, I don't trust to disable the fan, according to you it is better to make it fanless , improvements are achieved. Thank you

34 minutes ago, NanoSword said:

After hearing PGGB in Mac, Windows and Euphony using Stylus HQ Foobar, I became obsessed with using PGGB

Therefore, from my perspective, adding the PGGB - RT would be a very powerful step in favor of the Euphony v4

Even taiko server developer Emile will use PGGB in there next music player 

I hope Željko will also race to get PGGB-RT in his new OS.

mmm, I just deleted all my PGGB files. They do sound wonderful with a Chord DAC. But using an SRC-DX DDC with Metrum Octave, I found that they diminished midrange

texture and weight in obtaining the increased instrument separation. So YMMV with PGGB based on DDC/DAC solution.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

I don't like to exaggerate too much, but PGGB has a natural sound that is not found in other players, and I think other players should add the PGGB feature to complete their player.

Even on devices that I consider noisy and not worth the sound, it benefits amazingly with PGGB.

I've tried Windows, HQ, Foobar-RT, Euphony Stylus HQ, and Mac HQ and always find that PGGB files more natural.

I highly appreciate the transparency of the sound and that it is natural, and that makes me biased towards choosing PGGB

In every comparison I've made, I involuntarily prefer content that contains PGGB and it's easy to say the best sound I can hear should be with PGGB, at least in my system with Chord Dac.

477062534_ScreenShot2022-01-17at11_53_29PM.thumb.png.88a23aa4cc13545e1ea994e533d3dc1b.png

I purchased this album from HDtrack and used the Combine Tracks feature When I hear this track, I hear a full depth and better resolution than the original track In fact,there is no competition with the original Track in any way. The layers of sound that I hear from Melody only appear with the PGGB and the bass is huge and beautiful, everything is clear there are more details. In this stage and depth everything is in its place in an orderly manner but with the original track the sound is smudged.

There must be a lot of fans in PGGB who have a DAC other than CHORD I have read some have a gustard and some have TERMINATOR-PLUS 

Well I should not talk like this about the PGGB on the subject of Euphony but I have to say what I want in the next update

Also I have to say that Stylus is the best music player I have in Euphony I didn't get much use from Roon or HQ but PGGB was totally the best.

For sure adding PGGB into Euphony was considered - apparently Željko reached out to Zaphod immediately after learning about his software but discovered it wasn’t a trivial job to add it. Then it was a matter of deciding whether to spend time on integration or working on getting the v4 (or v3 versions at that time) out. Given Euphony already has HQPlayer integrated and might also be wanting to work on their own upsampler instead, the choice was clear. 

Like most decisions in life, it’s all a matter of priority.

So I finally have 3 computing devices of reasonable CPU power to play with. And probably to no one’s surprise who is an HQPlayer fan, Roon which sounds “ok” using HQPe to NAA sounds MUCH better if you can run Roon server to separate HQPe server to NAA. Is there a way to duplicate this with Euphony Stylus?

Stylus server > separate HQPe server > NAA

my setup

i3 NUC > i5 PC > Atom PC

Regards,

Dave

Audio system