IGNORED

USB audio transmission isn’t bit true

13 minutes ago, sandyk said:

When will you guys get it that the USA is only a part of America, NOT America ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americas

They quite possibly are judging by your choice of leaders ! :D

When will you get it that "Americans" refers to people of the United Stats of America?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americans

I am content with our leader. He is certainly better than what the Canadians, French, or Brits have.

6 minutes ago, mansr said:

From that article: The word "American" can also refer to people from the Americas in general.

" Truth, Justice and the American Way"  ???

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/could-superman-actually-be-canadian-1.1706526

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

49 minutes ago, diecaster said:

If you say "Americans" just about anywhere in the English speaking world, people will assume you are talking about people from the USA.

Only when they call them Yanks.:D

Incidentally :

In 1750s England, Yankee was a general term of contempt.( still is ? )  Doodle refers to a lowly provincial person,
while a Dandy is a meticulously well-dressed man. In the 1700s, macaroni was an English dandy who affected foreign fashions and mannerisms.

So, roughly translated, the song says, "This country bumpkin came along on a pony — not a horse!
 — and thought that merely sticking a feather in his hat would turn him into a suave sophisticate like a European. What a rube!"

https://www.cliffsnotes.com/cliffsnotes/subjects/history/what-is-the-song-yankee-doodle-dandy-really-about

So Mansr must be a suave sophisticate compared to you guys  (AND Aussies and Kiwis)? ;)

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

SUMMARY:

Everything i believed starting this thread is EXACTLY the same as what i concluded....people tried to read into what i was saying, but did so incorrectly....

In Reading article in below link, IFI says EXACTLY what i was saying...that i am not convinced that errors will only cause a dropout, that i can understand that if an entire packet was dropped, you may hear a click or drop... but not if occasional bits....that i suspect distortion.....here they suggest exactly as i guessed....

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=148763.0

EXCERPT FROM IFI  ==

Isochronous transfer mode uses error-checking but includes no re-transmission in case of Cyclic Redundancy Check (CRC) errors. Electrical noise on USB signals causes CRC errors and thus data loss, as does poor signal integrity.   In mild cases, this leads to audio signal distortions. In the worst cases, clicks and dropouts.

===

Note also from above excerpt, they also state that noise can causes errors and data loss...something else i said but that was rejected....I deduced both of these FACTS by logical reasoning...never read it before, and it went against everything that most people here have claimed......

When you get errors, and you will (more so if noise, interrupts, buffer settings, heavy processing, etc....many things can affect error rate) which leads to either distortion, interpolation (possibly incorrect), or dropouts (if too many errors and entire packet is dropped).  It is very feasible that you will have distortion (or unnatural music) and not even know it.... ..

None of these facts suggest one cannot have a good usb solution.  I do believe one can have a stable optimized USB solution, and that some DACS will do a better job than others in handling the error rate...

53 minutes ago, tmtomh said:

This is the foregone conclusion of every thread you start here.

On the contrary.....i have started MANY MORE threads starting with questions that i have learned from, from individuals that share their knowledge without a bunch of nonsense.  It would be very easy and fun to stoop to the level of others demonstrated here, but i choose to take the high road, and push forward with my desire to learn.

9 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

...I hope the trolls make same statement....

The previous poster does make a statement to that effect in his threads.

SUMMARY:

Everything i believed starting this thread is EXACTLY the same as what i concluded....people tried to read into what i was saying, but did so incorrectly....

In Reading article in below link, IFI says EXACTLY what i was saying...that i am not convinced that errors will only cause a dropout, that i can understand that if an entire packet was dropped, you may hear a click or drop... but not if occasional bits....that i suspect distortion.....here they suggest exactly as i guessed....

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=148763.0

EXCERPT FROM IFI  ==

Isochronous transfer mode uses error-checking but includes no re-transmission in case of Cyclic Redundancy Check (CRC) errors. Electrical noise on USB signals causes CRC errors and thus data loss, as does poor signal integrity.   In mild cases, this leads to audio signal distortions. In the worst cases, clicks and dropouts.

===

Note also from above excerpt, they also state that noise can causes errors and data loss...something else i said but that was rejected....I deduced both of these FACTS by logical reasoning...never read it before, and it went against everything that most people here have claimed......

When you get errors, and you will (more so if noise, interrupts, buffer settings, heavy processing, etc....many things can affect error rate) which leads to either distortion, interpolation (possibly incorrect), or dropouts (if too many errors and entire packet is dropped).  It is very feasible that you will have distortion (or unnatural music) and not even know it.... ..

None of these facts suggest one cannot have a good usb solution.  I do believe one can have a stable optimized USB solution, and that some DACS will do a better job than others in handling the error rate...