IGNORED

Country & Western

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/10/2020 at 4:17 PM, JazzDoc2 said:

I struggle with a lot of country music as I find that a percentage of it is no more than pop stars wearing cowboy hats😀

Dunno what your sources are, but the above describes a very small sample of country music singers.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Merle Haggard & Toby Keith   The Fightin Side Of Me

One of my all time favorite Merle songs and one never more appropriate than in todays climate!  👍

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

A collection of incredibly talented musicians, including:

Earl Scruggs-banjo, Glen Duncan-fiddle, Randy Scruggs-acoustic guitar, Steve Martin-banjo, Vince Gill-electric guitar, Marty Stuart-mandolin, Gary Scruggs-harmonica, Albert Lee-electric guitar, Paul Shaffer-piano, Jerry Douglas-dobro, Leon Russell-organ, Glenn Wolf-bass, and Harry Stinson-drums.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

• 7 months later...

Is Dwight Yoakam wasted on Country music?

OK I'll explain. No disrespect on Country. I love it. Previous post(s) of mine in this thread confirm. What I mean is ... arguably ... the nuance, emotion and control in his voice on this exquisite track is beyond the genre ... he has the talent of a major tenor such as ...

• 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...