IGNORED

Country & Western

On 11/7/2018 at 1:14 AM, Nikhil said:

t's unfortunate to see the negative connotation that Country seems to evoke. 

Only the arrogant and condescending make negative remarks about what is one of the greatest of the popular music genres.

One of the greatest performers I ever had the privilege of seeing is Merle Haggard. The man could walk on stage surrounded by some of the greatest musicians of their times and make it all seem so easy.

RIP Merle

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

2 minutes ago, rando said:

I could swear I remember a music award performance of this song by him with a ghost town/old West backdrop that falls down at the end of the song.  He just stands there on his mark and passes through the window.  It was really a big deal at the time.

Isn't that the video I just posted above? 

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

He infused a lot of life back into country.  Opryland was struggling to fill seats or prop up their aging acts.  For some years he was the hardest working man in music with exciting stage shows.  Certainly didn't hurt that his songs had more to do with dancing and sliding sideways on a country road than the lonely realities of small town life. 

• 2 weeks later...