IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

44 minutes ago, vitoruch said:

Hello David, how do you do?

- Could you gently share with us any update you have over the Qobuz Connect matter, since early december, if you will?

Thanks for you kindness!

Regards,

Vitor

The project is progressing well but is taking time. I don't want to give any deadlines because it's hard to meet them. The project is complex with few resources (Qobuz being a small company).
But it's going really well and I'm confident of a launch this year.

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

34 minutes ago, David Craff said:

In this case, we will do a rollback. And for all new release we launch them to a % of user before going to 100%

Thanks

From my point of view, you don‘t need to rollback now.

I was just talking about a mere accidental coincidence.

Thanks!

@David Craff 

The Still trending list (beneath Qobuz grand selection) has been broken for a long time. It looks somewhat reasonable when all genres (or none) is selected..

image.thumb.png.bcac418b261245487b1a2eefeae6350d.png

However, if genres are selected, Classical or Jazz must be selected or else the Still Trending section will disappear.

image.thumb.png.c7554885c712d3896ed2cbdf6c869be8.png

If only Jazz is selected, all of the albums are classical!

image.thumb.png.e55c15dba288d5a481b9a58d4b987a7e.png

If only Classical is selected, I noticed that the Still Trending list got stuck for over a year and remained unchanged during all of 2023 (in the past, it would get updated periodically).

image.thumb.png.c5eaca05edf9973c90c7cfdff20e206b.png

On 2/10/2024 at 1:27 AM, RichardSF said:

@David Craff 

The Still trending list (beneath Qobuz grand selection) has been broken for a long time. It looks somewhat reasonable when all genres (or none) is selected..

image.thumb.png.bcac418b261245487b1a2eefeae6350d.png

However, if genres are selected, Classical or Jazz must be selected or else the Still Trending section will disappear.

image.thumb.png.c7554885c712d3896ed2cbdf6c869be8.png

If only Jazz is selected, all of the albums are classical!

image.thumb.png.e55c15dba288d5a481b9a58d4b987a7e.png

If only Classical is selected, I noticed that the Still Trending list got stuck for over a year and remained unchanged during all of 2023 (in the past, it would get updated periodically).

image.thumb.png.c5eaca05edf9973c90c7cfdff20e206b.png

Thanks for this feedback I will forward to the team.

Regards

I seem to be having trouble with the latest Qobuz Beta on Android. Qobuz usually used to keep status of the album, track, and position in the track I was listening to when I paused and did other stuff on my phone. It's never been perfect yet, but right now, it NEVER remembers. I can pause for just a few minutes and tap the Qobuz icon again, and *poof* gone is whatever album and track I was listening to. This makes for a very bad user experience. Nothing else changed, same phone, no android updates, just this... 

Just wondering if others here have noticed the same issue, or even if it's a known problem.

17 hours ago, Balthazar B said:

I hope you screenshot something and reported the issue through the beta app. That's probably the more effective way to report it to the development team.

Sure did, although to be honest, I rarely get any response to these bug reports through the app. Just thought I'd mention it here as well, also to hear if others have the same issue. 

On 2/19/2024 at 4:07 PM, Jacco said:

I seem to be having trouble with the latest Qobuz Beta on Android. Qobuz usually used to keep status of the album, track, and position in the track I was listening to when I paused and did other stuff on my phone. It's never been perfect yet, but right now, it NEVER remembers. I can pause for just a few minutes and tap the Qobuz icon again, and *poof* gone is whatever album and track I was listening to. This makes for a very bad user experience. Nothing else changed, same phone, no android updates, just this... 

Just wondering if others here have noticed the same issue, or even if it's a known problem.

This is not longer limited to beta, issue is now in the last released version.

On 2/23/2024 at 11:55 PM, postmortem said:

This is not longer limited to beta, issue is now in the last released version.

Following up on this, I received a mail from Qobuz support today regarding this issue, stating that "A new version will be released this week in order to fix this problem." 

6 hours ago, Chris Banner said:

Why is there a Google Cast logo on the now playing page of the iOS apps? This is an Android / Google icon and has no functionality on iOS. I’ve always wondered why it’s there (and not an AirPlay icon instead?) 

On my iPad, there’s a generic rectangular cast icon in the top right hand corner as well as an airplay icon in the bottom left hand corner. Both take me to the same audio output page showing ChromeCast, airplay and Bluetooth target devices. 

Airplay is to be avoided if you can as at best you get 16/44.1 CD quality and the stream comes from the cloud to your phone/tablet and then to the target, whereas ChromeCast supports up to 24/96 for Qobuz (this is capped by Qobuz) direct to the target device.

3 hours ago, Chris Banner said:

Why is there a Google Cast logo on the now playing page of the iOS apps? This is an Android / Google icon and has no functionality on iOS. I’ve always wondered why it’s there (and not an AirPlay icon instead?) 

The funny thing is that on iOS there is both a Google Cast button at the top right, and an AirPlay button at the bottom left, and they both open the "Select your audio output" screen where you can select current device, bluetooth, Airplay, or Chromecast. It isn't necessary to have two separate buttons on the screen that do the same thing, and one of them can be eliminated.

The button at bottom left also has a label showing the currently selected audio output. On Android, this button has an icon that better conveys the idea of audio output.

image.thumb.jpeg.86dc3cf19be43786fd3a1437265b0162.jpeg

My suggestion is to remove the top right Google Cast button on both iOS and Android. For the button at bottom left, change the AirPlay icon in iOS to the icon used in Android.

BTW, Google Cast and its icon are legit to use on iOS. In the Qobuz iOS app, I can cast audio output to my Chromecast Audio.

@RichardSF Snap, almost ;) 

I should also have mentioned that ChromeCast isn’t gapless, but as that’s not often an issue for me, I happily ChromeCast from the Qobuz app on my iPad to my WiiM devices up to 24/96.

Roll on Qobuz Connect when we can ditch these alternative castings methods…

On 2/16/2024 at 2:47 PM, David Craff said:

Thanks for this feedback I will forward to the team.

Regards

Quick 'cos Tidal (that has connect) has just advertised new hifi plan at almost half the price 😁😬

Trying to log in to Qobuz via HQPlayer Client and I have been clicking squares selecting bicycles, lights, stairs, and bus's for 10 minutes now.

You guys need to work on this. I am still not able to pass the am I a human test.

No electron left behind.

4 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

Trying to log in to Qobuz via HQPlayer Client and I have been clicking squares selecting bicycles, lights, stairs, and bus's for 10 minutes now.

You guys need to work on this. I am still not able to pass the am I a human test.

At last the story can be told - an early version of ChatGPT!

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

3 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Those things are the worst, and pretty worthless. Much better ways to determine if there is a human trying to login. 

I agree!

26 minutes ago, Jud said:

At last the story can be told - an early version of ChatGPT!

ChatGPT probably would have been able to pass the test though.

No electron left behind.

On 12/11/2023 at 10:54 AM, David Craff said:

Hi,

I understand you completely and you're free to do so. I just hope that if you leave us one day it's to see you again later when everything is up to your expectations.

About your list
- DLNA / UPnP: never, and even more so now that we're working on Qobuz Connect.
- Bit Perfect support via USB for Android: planned
- Qobuz Connect with Denon / Marantz: this is probably the most important brand for Qobuz and this project, so we're working closely with them to get it done as quickly as possible.
- A little UI Overhaul: This is underway, we have a new design system that will be gradually rolled out to all applications.

Regards

Now 90 days later and still no Qobuz Connect.

Although in your above quoted post you mentioned Denon/Marantz as the integration partner you were working most closely with, last year at this time in a Qobuz livestream it was said that WiiM would be the first to offer Qobuz Connect.

But around a month or so ago WiiM removed Qobuz Connect from their product road map entirely. 

What the heck is going on? With TIDAL fast dropping MQA, and with that their monthly subscription rate, Qobuz stands to lose customers. Finishing the Connect feature is very important in terms of competing in the marketplace, but years go by with nothing.

With such strong aversion to DLNA/UPnP, why don't you remove that non/never working feature from the UI?

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

Amidst all the - subjectively justified - frustration with how much time Qobuz Connect takes to get developed, I figured I should post something positive here.

Apart from the fact that Qobuz provides an excellent match with my personal musical taste, I think there are at least two objective factors that let Qobuz stand head and shoulders above its competitors: I do like that and how Qobuz provides features beneath the pure audio:

- Having lost the beautiful and informative covers of the vinyl times first to fine-printed CD booklets and then to next to nothing from your average streaming service, Qobuz provides the booklets in pdf form wherever the label houses supply them. Please keep on doing that, and try to press your suppliers / partners as much as possible!

- I like the album reviews / explanatory texts as well. And I like the music magazine-like stuff provided - not all of it, but it‘s a nice addition that‘s readily available.

I understand the impatience surrounding Qobuz Connect and your high expectations. However, it's important to realize that pressure and criticism will not speed up the project. We are fully committed to this project and are working hard to deliver an experience that meets both your expectations and ours, but this takes time. Quality is our top priority, and we will only launch Qobuz Connect when it meets our high standards. To fully focus on the development and quality of Qobuz Connect, I will no longer be commenting on this topic in this forum.