IGNORED

Robert Levi in Trouble Again

45 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

at 1/4 wavelenths; 1/2 ??

the candy surface is non-rigid, so there will also be absorption

which is more important??

I remembered the absorption after I posted.  The wavelength affected depends on. not only the size of the candy sphere, but how much area they cover, and how tightly packed they are.  Ideally, they should be as close as possible while retaining their shape.

The absorption and diffraction are interconnected, there is no way to know which is more important.

No electron left behind.

21 hours ago, Axial said:

Where did you end up if I may ask?  ...State, which living State.

Spent the next 40 years in the Peoples Republic of Illinois till retirement.

Now happily living in the free state of Florida.

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

15 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

Those and Ferrero Rocher are literally in every drug store in the US.

I know and love the Ferrero's,  guess I just never noticed the Toblerone's

I'll keep my eyes open to try some if ya'll think their that good.

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

Tonight is COSTCO Tuxedo Chocolate Cake night.   Hard to use as sound attenuation material.  Oh, and dinner was COSTCO Prime Rib Eye, (bone in). (Tomahawk).   FMTT.  

life is good

PS.  I drove from Tucson to Seattle using only COSTCO gas.   Do I need help?

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law

double post

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

12 hours ago, GUTB said:

COSTCO steaks...jeez louise at least go half-decent steakhouse. Even an Outbacks would be better.

Oh dear....

1.  Prime beef is not available at Outback.

2.  Prime Rib Eye in the tomahawk format was not available at Ruth Chris or Morton’s last time I was there.  (Could be available now)

3.  Prime beef, in any format, is not available in most grocery stores in the US.

4.  A quick GOOGLE search will reveal that many higher end restaurants purchase COSTCO meat. A prime rib eye steak (bone in) yes, from COSTCO, will cost approximately $50. any steak house.  Tomahawk cut, if available, depending on the aging process can cost well over $100.

5.  I respect your views on higher end music reproduction, but as far as higher end beef goes, not so much.

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law

ok, I don't know if it is 'most' i.e. > half, but certainly many are

- not to mention certain reviewers

and the above is w/o MQA - one of the most egregious is the guy in Canada who sell s liquid-metal filled cables to the unwary - not only is that fraud but they are almost certainly toxic

Just now, Ralf11 said:

one of the most egregious is the guy in Canada who sell s liquid-metal filled cables to the unwary - not only is that fraud but they are almost certainly toxic

It's probably a gallium-indium alloy. Not nearly as bad as mercury, but not exactly good for your health either. That's assuming they actually contain liquid metal at all. Has anyone cut one open and checked?