IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 for Windows (Official Thread)

Would suggest Qobuz, just on the basis of my subjective experience. Nothing except my own listening to support this, but I thought it sounded better than Tidal.  Trying Qobuz would require sending an email and being accepted into the US beta trial at this point.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

6 hours ago, Sam Ash said:

Thank you very much for that information Jud, you've been a great help. I know this is an audiophile forum so no disrespect to fellow members but I've been playing some of my 320Kbps mp3 files and they sound fantastic too via A+. I know there is support for Qobuz and TIDAL streaming in A+ which is great but I wish the developer incorporated Spotify too as an option.

5 hours ago, SilvesterH said:

+1 for Spotify. 

For casual listening and music discovery is excellent. 

It would not be much work for making the integration in Audirvana Plus, and offer another choice for streaming (used in addition of a hires one?)

Spotify is currently not willing to open access to its service to other software players than their own.

I'd suggest you help them understand by telling them you'll want Spotify to be integrated in Audirvana Plus, by sending them email, positing on their community forum, their facebook page, ...

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

I wrote to Spotify and they were nice enough to reply,  is there anyone here who is a Spotify member and can implement this request. Please let us know how we can vote as some of us are not members yet. Here is the response from Spotify:-

Thanks for your feedback!

If you think this is something other Spotify customers would think is a good idea, be sure to add it to our ideas board. Those who also support your idea can then vote on it or add to the conversation. Be sure to keep an eye on the status of the idea too, ideas that reach 100 votes are reviewed by the Community team on a monthly basis, and are then passed onto the right folks here at Spotify.

Previous examples of implemented ideas include Chromecast support, the Xbox app, and the return of the Wrapped campaign. Check out the complete list in this section of the Community.

Note: The Community is currently only available in English.

If there's anything else we can help you with, you know where to find us!

All the best,

Vincent

Spotify Customer Support

One good thing about music,when it hits you, you feel no pain - Bob Marley & The Wailers

There seem to be 2 Audirvana topics on Spotify Ideas one with 40 votes which has expired, and "Wish I could play Spotify through my Audirvana + software for better sound quality!" with 10 votes. They expire the 'idea' if 100 votes are not achieved in one calendar year.

🎸🎶🏔️🐺

Hi. Anybody else is having problems with A+ and Tidal MQA with the latest A+ updates?

When I play 24/192 local songs in A+ then the output is shown as 32/192 and my DAC (hugo 2) sees it as 192 (blue light). However, when I play 24/192 songs from Tidal MQA, A+ limits it to 32/96 and the hugo2 sees it as 96. I have played with the Wasapi settings (set normally to no upsampling) but no luck. Did not have this problem with previous A+ versions.

Emailed Spotify again and here is the response from them:-

Thanks for getting back to us.

It's great to hear that you're looking to team up with Spotify.

If you’re a developer wanting to integrate with Spotify using the new Spotify Web API, check out Spotify Developer.

If you’re a company interested in commercial licensing, why not explore how to Soundtrack Your Brand?

We hope you find these links helpful, and are looking forward to seeing Audirvana Plus integrated soon.

If there's anything else we can do for you, don't hesitate to contact us again. We're always here to assist you!

Have a nice day,

Milena

Spotify Customer Support

11 hours ago, Sam Ash said:

Count me in too, I am prepared to vote. Link details please

@SilvesterH & @Sam Ash

Sam provided the link to Spotify Ideas Board above (Friday #407). You will need to create a new 'Idea' to vote on as they closed the previous one with 40 votes.

🎸🎶🏔️🐺

I just tried to reacquaint myself with A+ Windows.  I am trying to connect it to a MicroRendu.  A+ Windows isn't seeing the MicroRendu on the network. How do I make a MicroRendu show up in A+ Windows?

"Get Off Your Knee, Burn The Mask And Please Wake Up....You Have Been Lied To About Everything...And I Mean Everything"

So no one has a MIcroRendu working with A+ Windows? 

It works perfectly fine in all other systems and setups in my house.  I have never had an issue.  With A+ Windows, it doesn't appear anywhere and their doesn't seem to be any setting to mess with in A+ Windows to try to get it happening.  I have tried different setting in the MicroRendu and nothing is working.

Damien78, do you have a suggestion?

"Get Off Your Knee, Burn The Mask And Please Wake Up....You Have Been Lied To About Everything...And I Mean Everything"
1 hour ago, Evo-No-Revo said:

So no one has a MIcroRendu working with A+ Windows? 

Mine works fine.

Does the mRendu webpage show UPnP-DLNA working?  Have you tried rebooting the mRendu? “Hard” reboot, plugging and unplugging the mRendu?

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Hi Jud,

I just found a setting in the MPD/DLNA settings of the MR called compatibility mode.  I selected it and the MR is now visible.  I am not sure why that wasn't showing up yesterday.....maybe I just missed it.

All good now.  And I do think that A+ Windows does sound slightly better than Roon.

A couple of (novice) questions please:

Does Audirvana support redbook CD to DSD512 upsampling? If so is it on a par with HQPlayer?

Does Audirvana support subwoofers for music? My requirement would be full range stereo out to main USB DAC with no DSP filtering + stereo and/or mono out to 2 subs with optional low pass filtering or ideally DSP using second audio device (initially PC headphone/line out).

Thanks

🎸🎶🏔️🐺

16 minutes ago, blue2 said:

A couple of (novice) questions please:

Does Audirvana support redbook CD to DSD512 upsampling?

For Windows, yes.

If so is it on a par with HQPlayer?

Up to you to decide.

Does Audirvana support subwoofers for music? My requirement would be full range stereo out to main USB DAC with no DSP filtering + stereo and/or mono out to 2 subs with optional low pass filtering or ideally DSP using second audio device (initially PC headphone/line out).

Thanks

A way to do this might be to run software like Dirac or something similar, but I’m at least not aware of Audirvana+ having the capability to send differently filtered output to different speakers.

16 hours ago, Jud said:

For Windows, yes.

Up to you to decide.

A way to do this might be to run software like Dirac or something similar, but I’m at least not aware of Audirvana+ having the capability to send differently filtered output to different speakers.

Jud, thanks for your help.

Can anyone else help? I don't have either Audirvana or HQPlayer hence the question to those that do for an opinion on DSD512 SQ. I can obviously get a trial on these but I don't believe I can have another trial of HQPlayer to compare. As regards sub output can it send the same stereo output to 2 PC devices so as to accommodate my use case?

🎸🎶🏔️🐺

3 hours ago, blue2 said:

As regards sub output can it send the same stereo output to 2 PC devices so as to accommodate my use case?

It can send output to a UPnP/DLNA endpoint/renderer, which can be a computer, but I don't know that it's capable of sending to more than one at a time.  And I don't know enough about the capabilities of renderers to be able to say whether a single one would be able to perform the DSP you need.