IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 for Windows (Official Thread)

Deezer is deaf.  I have asked them multiple time for status update on opening up their api's over the last 6 months and so far all I have gotten is we have escalated to developers.  I am not exactly sure what the hold up is.  They have already exposed majority of the api for low res streaming but they are holding off on the api's that will allow hi-fi streaming.

2 hours ago, damien78 said:

Sure. The current issue comes from Deezer that is not willing to open access to anything other than hardware players.

Don't hesitate to tell Deezer their HiFi offer will benefit from being played from Audirvana Plus. In addition, it won't ask them any work to do it, all the integration work is on my side. And I estimate it to be a single week task.

There are two threads that have been initiated by some users on Deezer suggestions forum. Don't hesitate to vote for the Audirvana Plus integration, and be vocal there:

In English: https://en.deezercommunity.com/got-an-idea-9/audirvana-integration-with-deezer-hifi-11916

In French: https://fr.deezercommunity.com/une-suggestion-21/deezer-et-audirvana-plus-16366

I see. I just voted on the Deezer thread and voiced the request. 

10 minutes ago, shadowlight said:

Deezer is deaf.  I have asked them multiple time for status update on opening up their api's over the last 6 months and so far all I have gotten is we have escalated to developers.  I am not exactly sure what the hold up is.  They have already exposed majority of the api for low res streaming but they are holding off on the api's that will allow hi-fi streaming.

That's disappointing. I'm guessing it could be legal roadblock as opening up HiFi API may require more protection mechanism built-in to keep the record companies happy. 

13 minutes ago, _JL_ said:

That's disappointing. I'm guessing it could be legal roadblock as opening up HiFi API may require more protection mechanism built-in to keep the record companies happy. 

Their API is similar to other streaming services. The usual getArtist, getAlbum, ... endpoints.

Not sure they would have some specific legal roadblocks that the others I've already integrated (TIDAL, Qobuz, HRA-Streaming) don't have.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

9 hours ago, damien78 said:

Their API is similar to other streaming services. The usual getArtist, getAlbum, ... endpoints.

Not sure they would have some specific legal roadblocks that the others I've already integrated (TIDAL, Qobuz, HRA-Streaming) don't have.

I see. These companies' decisions are hard to fathom.

Hi any news on the VST plug-ins for A+?  I know you hear a lot about this and appreciate how hard the task will be, just know that it would give you this customer.  This is the holy grail of a music streamer for me, I have Roon and the biggest fault that I have with it is that I can't run the Sonarworks Systemwide VST with it in exclusive mode.  I can of course do this in Jriver MC but then I can't stream Tidal through Jriver (at least not easily and not without adding a bunch of steps to the chain which kind of defeats the purpose).  

Wishing you the best and looking forward to seeing how A+ evolves!

6 hours ago, Fleshharrower said:

I can of course do this in Jriver MC but then I can't stream Tidal through Jriver (at least not easily and not without adding a bunch of steps to the chain which kind of defeats the purpose).

I know you moksha Jehannum - spreading falsehoods is the least of your crimes!

There are several easy ways of getting JRiver MC to play TIDAL audio file tracks and still get its audio engine to perform any DSP, etc. The most obvious method would be to use A+ itself, seeing as you've posted in this thread - make sure JRiver's built-in UPnP/DLNA renderer is switched on and you should be able to select it as an audio device in A+.

Now begone, your fate with Caerroil Wildwood awaits you!

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

10 hours ago, Fleshharrower said:

Hi any news on the VST plug-ins for A+?  I know you hear a lot about this and appreciate how hard the task will be, just know that it would give you this customer.  This is the holy grail of a music streamer for me, I have Roon and the biggest fault that I have with it is that I can't run the Sonarworks Systemwide VST with it in exclusive mode.  I can of course do this in Jriver MC but then I can't stream Tidal through Jriver (at least not easily and not without adding a bunch of steps to the chain which kind of defeats the purpose).  

Wishing you the best and looking forward to seeing how A+ evolves!

I'm working right now on the VST3 plugins use in A+, having done most of the development work for it.

Which VST3 plugins do you have in mind, so I can do some tests with them?

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

Thanks for the quick reply Damien - I'm mainly looking to use the Sonarworks Reference 4 plug-in.  I might try others but that's honestly the one I'd like to be able to run while having the streamer hook to my DAC (Mytek Brooklyn DAC+) in exclusive mode.

@cebolla - Nice, most people don't get the Thomas Covenant ref for my handle :)

It may be a dummy question but I am new to computer audio. It would be nice to control my audio PC with Audirvana from my listening position which is about 5 meters away from PC.  Is it possible to control Audirvana with another computer with Remote Desktop?

Or is it a better idea to buy a 7 meters long usb cable (really dunno if it affects sound badly) and connect my laptop to my DAC. 

There is is still no remote app available for  Android as I understand, thats why I ask.

thanks for any answers. 

Or is it a better idea to buy a 7 meters long usb cable (really dunno if it affects sound badly) and connect my laptop to my DAC. 

7m is too long for USB.

There is an ios app. Perhaps get an older (used?) iPad for that? It probably cost less than a 7m "audiophile" USB cable.

Alternatively you can setup vnc server in the PC and then remote it from your android tablet using any VNC client app.

17 hours ago, _JL_ said:

7m is too long for USB.

There is an ios app. Perhaps get an older (used?) iPad for that? It probably cost less than a 7m "audiophile" USB cable.

Alternatively you can setup vnc server in the PC and then remote it from your android tablet using any VNC client app.

Thank you very much for your suggestions. I will think and try to find what can be the best idea. I tried to connect my two laptops with TeamViewer  yesterday (one serving as a remote contol laptop of the other), and it worked surprisingly well,  it is really possible to emulate one laptop in the other. The installation was ready in 5 minutes. I realized however that for casual browsing of Tidal, a laptop is a bit too much, too big, somewhat uncomfortable etc, a mobile device would be more suitable. So maybe I'll get a used Ipad. 

On 12/6/2018 at 3:00 PM, damien78 said:

I'm working right now on the VST3 plugins use in A+, having done most of the development work for it.

Which VST3 plugins do you have in mind, so I can do some tests with them?

Please check dirac live, its at the moment the best room correction as vsti...(imo)

thanks

MacBook Pro/ WS2019/AO /Roon & HAF - AudioPC ; Mutec mc-3+ usb - Yggdrasil - Ragnarok - Ecouton LQL 200 ; IMac/win10&AO Roon Core - ControlPC

Hi guys, I am in the trial period for Audirvana. So far like it.

Have you experimented with the WASAPI & ASIO settings and upsampling? any preferred one?

I have been playing with them but did not reach any clear conclusion.

Comparing  Audirvana with Roon in a number of songs, I generally find the bass tighter and less invasive in Roon. I wonder if it is due to the settings.

Would appreciate your impressions on the settings.

Thanks.

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 6:35 PM, kevint said:

Hi Damien,

I noticed Audirana windows has an issue during playing Qobuz streaming.   From time to time when it plays towards the end of a track, it pauses for 3 to 5 seconds, sometimes it can proceed to next track. Sometimes it just repeats the same track from the beginning.

This problem happened since very early release, I was hoping it will get fixed in the subsequent bug fix releases but it is still there in the latest build (version 1.2.5 build 1043).  Could you please have a look.

Thank you.

Kevin

The issue had been reported a few months ago but it still persists in the latest release.

The issue with this one is to reproduce it as it has a rare occurrence.

If you can find a way to reproduce it, I am very interested...

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 8:01 PM, Screwdriver said:

Damien

The only VST I use is FabFilter Para EQ.....

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 6:36 PM, DSD256 said:

Please check dirac live, its at the moment the best room correction as vsti...(imo)

thanks

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 5:57 PM, Fleshharrower said:

Thanks for the quick reply Damien - I'm mainly looking to use the Sonarworks Reference 4 plug-in.  I might try others but that's honestly the one I'd like to be able to run while having the streamer hook to my DAC (Mytek Brooklyn DAC+) in exclusive mode.

@cebolla - Nice, most people don't get the Thomas Covenant ref for my handle :)

It works well with FabFilter:

AudirvanaFabFilter.thumb.jpg.c12f86a73afdcacd8312cee77ef9eeff.jpg

It seems Sonarworks Reference 4 is not available in VST3 format.

This is a shame as Steinberg has made VST2 obsolete and superseded by VST3 5 years ago, and has ended the transitional period last October by removing completely support and SDK for VST2: https://www.steinberg.net/en/newsandevents/news/newsdetail/article/vst-2-coming-to-an-end-4727.html

You may then want to ask Sonarworks when they will release their plugins in the current VST 3 format.

And I'm contact with Dirac for testing Dirac Live VST plugin.

Damien

The trial lasted no more than 3 days. What happened to the 15 days? Nonetheless, I purchased the program because I want to provide support and want to see more development.

So far, these are the issues I have with Version 1.2.11:

1. On the Tracks, Albums, Artists (Library) screens, the Cursor, PageUp and PageDown work only sometimes (only after clicking somewhere in the screen) and will not advance above or below the visible tracks/albums/artists even when there are many more. Similar behavior for other screens. Also, the scrollbar is a little too narrow (I know this is a carry-over from the Mac World -- but only good things should be carried over!).
  2. When switching from a DSF file to a PCM (44.1) file, there is a brief gap and a pop.
  3. No integration between Tidal tracks/albums/artists and Library tracks/albums/artists.

Thanks.

mQa is dead!

19 hours ago, lucretius said:

The trial lasted no more than 3 days. What happened to the 15 days? Nonetheless, I purchased the program because I want to provide support and want to see more development.

So far, these are the issues I have with Version 1.2.11:

1. On the Tracks, Albums, Artists (Library) screens, the Cursor, PageUp and PageDown work only sometimes (only after clicking somewhere in the screen) and will not advance above or below the visible tracks/albums/artists even when there are many more. Similar behavior for other screens. Also, the scrollbar is a little too narrow (I know this is a carry-over from the Mac World -- but only good things should be carried over!).
  2. When switching from a DSF file to a PCM (44.1) file, there is a brief gap and a pop.
  3. No integration between Tidal tracks/albums/artists and Library tracks/albums/artists.

Thanks.

Another issue I came across:

Audirvana Plus cannot see my dlna/UPnP renderer (Marantz NA6005).

Thanks.

mQa is dead!

36 minutes ago, lucretius said:

Thanks.

There's at least one person on the Audirvana+ forum using an NA8005 and it's working, so I don't think it's a manufacturer implementation issue.

Are you certain the renderer is running DLNA/UPnP (is it discoverable by anything besides A+)?  If yes, does turning it off and on while A+ is running do anything?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

7 hours ago, lucretius said:

Thanks.

Another issue:

Twice in two days, Audirvana Plus lost the activation key. Perhaps this is also what happened when I was using the trial software before purchasing it (I think I may have only used the software for a day, then the trial was over)? It will get tiring to hunt down the key and input it every day. I am using Windows 10 (1809).

Thanks.

mQa is dead!